Classic Era Patch Updates

Make an official poll please.

1 Like

Yes, I would consider a 20 year old version of a game retro. Sorry if that makes you feel old or something.

for now while we don’t have an official poll:

https://strawpoll.com/3RnYXlp6pye

believe it or not #somechanges were a thing and some things made it into Era as it is… just because you can’t wrap your head around the other faction getting the same buff as you guys do.

but oh no muh logout skips wat will i do now

literally said i disagreed but was okay with storm-rend. Arent you the one making litterally over a thousand posts on the forms? and making a petiton about bringing stormrend back? Your allowed to disagree with me but im not allowed to disagree with you, lol got it. Ima go outside now, i suggest you do the same.

Chronoboons are the only change I agree with, and they made it to specifically add gameplay to the game. PVP changes were stupid and completely ruined the shred of prestige that ranking barely had. The rend buff did nothing but remove emergent gameplay so people trying to get the biggest number in a solved, 20 year old game could be lazier.

Imagine celebrating changes that make an already easy game, even easier. Imagine if they changed Ocarina of Time and added a button you could press to skip to Ganon, so players didn’t have to bother learning wrong warp.

1 Like

Blizzard please bring back STORMREND. Please <3

5 Likes

Giving alliance a rend equivalent doesnt automatically make the horde experience and the alliance experience of the game identical.
There is still classes, quest design, racials, items, and so much more that differentiates horde from alliance in Era.
Please go back to the drawing board with your opinions as its pretty lacking.

1 Like

The Classic ranking system is like the primary example of how to never set up a PvP ladder. It promoted a terrible and unhealthy play style. That said, Stormrend was just purely nice. Just made life easier plane and simple.

2 Likes

Blockquote The rend buff did nothing but remove emergent gameplay so people trying to get the biggest number in a solved, 20 year old game could be lazier.

thats… thats what quality of life is.

Chronoboons are literally that. I can be lazy and play one warrior now instead of two because the main needed to stay raid logged.

Stormrend let our guild hit every single raid with a buff that we normally only save for naxx due to time constraints. I’m absolutely in favor of shaving off tedious emergent gameplay for enhancing the gameplay I DO enjoy. I dont want to skip the game like the Zelda reference. that’s a heavily extreme view of the stance.

It wont break the game. It lets me do chores instead of sitting in a chair to get a buff.

Storm-rend good
Guild UI change - weird but whatever
Druids can use pole arms , ok sure

Then you revert everything
Blizzard u are so out of touch with your player base

4 Likes

Thank you for your correction. I think this goes beyond the intent behind my message but you’re right here, Alliance can get it with some creative manipulation of game mechanics. Exactly the kind of creative manipulation of game mechanics that makes Classic Era awesome :slight_smile:

I do stand by my statement that this is an imbalance, which I know you are not contesting, I just wanted to reaffirm it.

3 Likes

https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/we-want-stormrend-back-in-wow-era?just_launched=true 164 signatures let’s get it

https://strawpoll.com/3RnYXlp6pye vote here

For casual players the guild ui is the first and most obvious sign you’re not in classic anymore.

2 Likes

Horde commenting alliance Qol. So cool. So much wow. We really value your opinion.

3 Likes

Might of Stormwind will bring good more than harm to the balance between both factions. The endless conflict for alliance getting horde rend for so long should end now. If you don’t fight for what you lost, sooner or later belongs to someone else who don’t appreciate for the positive change

3 Likes

all these non-clones tell me what i want or not…

boons cut out a huge chunk of some might say “toxic” pvp that heavly favored the alli. MOS just cut out that same pvp that favored the horde.
easy way around that is just to be nelf and have a rogue or druid capper for a chance to fail and/or like with raiding pre-boon, have summoners/priest in the walls of/under org and only log in seconds before the buff, is any of this rly fun even "RP"like in an mmorpg?

Thanks WoW Team for listening to the feedback. Revert dispellable buffs for DMT and Songflower as that was in the original 2019 version. Please involve the player base with any changes in the future.

4 Likes

Okay griefer don’t listen to this guy.

Can we meet in the middle? :broken_heart: