Might of the Stormwind - PVP Buff in Era?

I just love the idea of walking out with a world buff as the reward of PVP/BGS in Era.

Instead of going around like bunch of collectables ready to be attacked by horde,
bring both sides into the battlefield!

A WB well earned through the battles of BGS.

• Make PVP great again.
  • Blood for blood battles for the buff where everybody have to unite to defeat and get a great reward for.

I personally was really happy to have an alliance buff without having have to roll a character for it, but when I approach from horde point of view, yes it does tune down the PVP. :rage:

I did feel like a duty of another buff, waiting to drop in Stormwind.

If only this Might of the Stormwind was actually a part of BG/PVP buff, It would feel more of a classic Era way to get it.

The real question is,

Would Horde & Alliance, meet in the middle for a brand new world buff to come back to Era? :speech_balloon:

I’m sorry but the current playerbase would just win trade to get their buffs. PvP is already ruined by H/ph rankers. It’s a really cool idea, I like it a lot, but it would fail because of the playerbase.

1 Like

I might be very optimistic when It comes to the playerbase, but you got me curious, how would it fail?

I think the majority of the playerbase enjoys getting/sharing buffs together, but don’t you think it be cool to get a buff out of BGS as a PVP’er as well.

I feel like, thats another guranteed buff for a player point of view that’s not just sold/given but earned.

Maybe it is my misunderstanding, but the buff would be for the winning team? So if that were the case, I would imagine the server discord would ‘‘schedule’’ games to be won/lost for the buff. In my eyes, that defeats the cool idea of fighting for the world buff.

1 Like

True, I totally agree.

I was thinking it could be set of missions to be done in Battleground, or

• defeating multiple x’s to combine the buff with x’1 x’2 buffs together to turn into a glory reward.

This could require multiple tries but a bit harder to setup a timer on.

To me, a PVP buff out of BG, could be really any sorts of activity in BGS,

Unless you want to specialize it like a DMF buff.

If anybody got any opinions, would love to hear!

That’s an interesting concept. Perhaps using the base of ‘‘For Great Honour/Call to Arms’’, have a ‘‘For Greater Honour/Call to War’’, hand in 15 of each BG token for a large honour reward, rep for each BG, and a buff in each major capital.

That is just me dreaming, of course, but it ‘‘feels cool’’.

1 Like

Sometimes dreams come true. I love how juicy you just made it sound for solo pvper grinding their worldbuff.

It sounds way better than picking flowers! :heart_eyes:

I was thinking about this while taking lovely lady dumps, I think its a really inventive way to create a repeatable source for world buffs while also encouraging all 3 BG participation. I like it a lot.

1 Like

I just love how many users made 10 different posts about why Blizzard should bring the MOTS back but nothing I’ve read about their posts fixes the issues of;

Diverse Community:

Majority of the community being really unappreciate of the MOTS taking in charge for the beneficial sacrifices which they have made such as re-rolling an extra character for it

• Many people have to live with the factional disadvantage, such as feeling behind of the rest by having a missing buff and their negative consequences

Community Class:

• All the raids are mandatory for many classes to get the buff
  • Many get griefed trying to get the buff through another faction

Yes, the buff is amazing to have, I think we should have it back, the only thing that bothers me personally is the way how it was no different than having another buff. Held no great purpose other than help fix couple issues I’ve stated, which I think Alliance could use a little help fixing those.

Im not sure why it should be a problem to have a faction friendly buff through a common ground such as BGS.

And for those whom did not vote against chronoboons or any worldbuffs to be added, I do not see why another buff in the patch would ever harm Classic Era.

If any changes should be reverted back, and if the community is not ready to any of those modern ways of Era, even for a tiny bit, I’d like to see more posts coming from the community to revert everything all the way to the very begining. Not just the newest changes like “Oh this is going to be classic+”

You have been living in classic+ let me tell you that.