Classic Era Patch Updates

Does MOS have a negative impact on you as a player? Or is your position simply that you don’t want to see any changes to the game regardless of whether or not it makes the game “better”?

1 Like

Better is subjective.

As true as possible to the original game is “better” for Era.
Apparently in the case of MoS, the Classic team agrees.

3 Likes

Please give us back Might of Stormwind! It hurt no one and only helped us play more and buff less!

1 Like

My position is that little changes to Era can have unintended consequences and that for this, the biggest concerns are both RP “sandbox elements” of the game being removed and potential concerns with horde balance on PVP servers.

So those things changing would have an impact on me as a player, yes. Maybe not so much for you but for others.

… but I’ve explained my position on all of this a lot.

Thanks for asking questions, you calling me a toxic troll earlier was not appreciated. If I were here to troll I would have found that hilarious but I am not.

I don’t know you at all but I can see that you’re helping with the allies on the PVE cluster coordinate buffs, so that is showing that you care about the community, and you’re probably a good person overall, and I can see why your stance is what it is.

However, when people want other things out of the game, or when people don’t play to parse or speed run in raids, it doesn’t make them bad people. A lot of us just want to enjoy what Era offers. What that is is different for everyone.

Blizzard ultimately makes the calls. You asking for what you’d like is fine.

2 Likes

Blizzard you forgot to revert the reversion with the server restarts.

3 Likes

Nope they didn’t.
MoS is where it belongs - solely for seasonal.

3 Likes

Oh dang, shucks.

Bring back MoS! Revert the revert!

1 Like

It goes well beyond that. For one, Era is not a democracy. If a lone change or series of past changes was enough of a precedent, then Era would be open up to all changes and that’s obviously not the case. Otherwise, players could just petition/lobby to have any change they liked or wanted implemented into the game. So there’s that.

Two, there’s been a slew of changes, right from launch, so to cover every single one of them isn’t feasible but let it suffice to say, there were reasons changes were implemented. That doesn’t mean they were good reasons (see chronoboon) and some couldn’t be avoided (client) while others were changed (pvp) because players were abusing one thing or another.

There is no reason to implement MoS, not a good one at least. Players liking the QoL and convenience is not a reason worth considering, especially when we are talking about Classic Era - a game founded on being as unchanged as humanly possible.

Lastly, this change wasn’t even intended for Era, it was just allowed (or by mistake) to slip by since we always let them off the hook for all the others. Since it wasn’t intended for Era it doesn’t belong in Era.

As an aside, I hope theyre working on a good UI solution because Im already tired of looking at the other one which I try my best not to do.

4 Likes

That’s why I put better in quotes silly goose.

1 Like

bring back stormrend

2 Likes

Maybe I misunderstood your approach earlier and if so I apologize. It’s a topic people have strong feelings about, so sometimes it gets the best of us.

3 Likes

Bring back the MoS buff, the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

1 Like

Day 7 of asking blizzard to bring might of the stormwind back.

2 Likes

Bring back Might of Stormwind please and thank you!

1 Like

The Classic team is based.
Moving that seasonal stuff out of Era is love for the old game.
Respect.

MoS for SoD only and not Era.
Diversity is great!

2 Likes

Bring MoS BACK to all ERA servers today, Blizzard!

The best QoL improvement ever made to ERA! :grinning:

1 Like

Bring back Stormrend!

1 Like

Bring gnomes back to de cookpot in de Barrens!
Praise de Warchief dey comin back.

No more sittin in dey frufru place down south.
Hafta git out and see what ol’ Asma got.
HAHAHA

Day 7 here eating popcorn, watching clowns and the intellectually challenged argue for something so they dont have to play the game.

I mean if the arguments were solid, sure, but its like primary school logic.
That ez mode discord must be full of rocket scientists.