Classic character transfer between accounts

Hi,
If i have 2 battle net accounts under my name am I able to transfer characters from one account to the other in classic?

1 Like

Character transfers were not available in Classic content. I wouldnā€™t hold your breathe that theyā€™ll be adding that feature to Classic.

Best place to ask would be the Classic forums though :wink:

3 Likes

thank youuu

No. As Perl mentioned, Character Transfers werenā€™t a thing in Vanilla, so neither are they available now. I know of no plans to include them.

Edit: Since this statement has received a bit of criticism I wanted to correct it. I misspoke when I said that PCTā€™s werenā€™t a thing in Vanilla. They were, they were introduced late into ā€œvanillaā€, mid-2006 as far as I can recall, which I believe is just before patch 1.12 that weā€™re modeling for Classic.

As for them being in Classic, as it stands the option is not currently available. Will it be? It is entirely possible. John Hight said ā€œIt is something we might want to supportā€, that isnā€™t ā€œsomething we will supportā€ or ā€œsomething that we will haveā€. Until there is official world that something will happen weā€™d be unable to state it as a certainty.

There are better ways to express yourself, folks, please keep that in mind in the future.

5 Likes

character transfers between servers or between accounts?

Either, for classic characters.

4 Likes

ah ok thank you!

Well youā€™re just wrong. They were in Vanilla and will be in Classic. Hereā€™s two of your bosses saying so: https://youtu.be/O3b423uqrdo

Starts at 9:10

6 Likes

Youā€™re totally wrongā€¦ I myself transfered to a new server during Vanilla daysā€¦ way to spread false information , gg customer guy

2 Likes

Yeah, Vrakthris has no clue what heā€™s talking about and needs to have his blue post autonomy reigned in. Paid character transfer was in Vanilla and is already confirmed for Classic, we just donā€™t know when it will be available or how long the cooldown will be.

4 Likes

Settle down, Karen, that ā€˜internet tough guyā€™ thing youā€™ve got going on isnā€™t gonna fly here.

8 Likes

Did you actually watch the clip you linked, and if so, did you pay any attention to what was said?
Allow me:

ā€œā€¦ something we might want to supportā€¦ā€
ā€œā€¦ that may be the one serviceā€¦ā€

As usual, Blizzard announces the possibility of a thing, and the fanbase treats as a carved-in-stone, cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die promise that the thing will definitely be implemented.

Not even worth mentioning that the interview was posted three months ago. Thereā€™s no way of knowing what plans might have changed since then.
(Spoiler - Planned features get dropped all the time)

16 Likes

You didnā€™t finish the video.

1 Like

You mean the part immediately following where Omar says:

That was certainly a feature that existed originally, and because of that, we feel that it still falls under the umbrella of what we want to preserve.

What they want to preserve, not what they are guaranteeing to preserve.

Again, planned features get dropped all the time. Dance Studio says hi. As does Aerial Combat.

10 Likes

Itā€™s a couple decisions and migrating a feature that already exists. They have PR cover because it was in Vanilla and it increases the revenue potential of Classic.

There likely isnā€™t a single person at Blizzard arguing against realm transfer in Classic besides this blue post that doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about. Common sense doesnā€™t allow you to ask if, just when.

Is not a concept Iā€™m willing to accept youā€™re familiar with.

5 Likes

Itā€™s more about the Blue post being totally wrong and spreading false information

And we all know they will add it at $ome point

1 Like

Oh, I get it. Youā€™ve cleverly used the dollar sign in place of the S because Blizzard is a business, whose entire reason for being is to make money. And those money-grubbing accountants at Blizzard are going to monetize Classic any way they can, right?

Like how they include it free with every retail account, and wonā€™t be charging an additional subscription fee for it.

If Vrak is wrong, heā€™ll cop to it. Until then, most logical people would operate under the premise that heā€™s working with what information has been made available. Meanwhile, less logically-minded individuals are taking hopeful statements made three months ago as gospel.

15 Likes

ā€œheā€™s working with what information has been made availableā€

Claiming it was not part of Vanilla? lol
Weā€™ve known this for hmm, 15 years now?

1 Like

Hello.

Ok, Ehxile et al.

What is it you are attempting to do here? Whatā€™s your agenda?

Just curious because the OP received an answer and for some reasonā€¦ you are having a problem.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

5 Likes