Account to account transfers

Blizzard does not change the rules in its 800,000-customer game becuase YOU want a different rules.

You have to demonstrate that this rule change helps hundreds of thousands of players. You have to convince Blizzard.

Just posting “change this please” doesn’t work. This is not amazon, where you can “order” the game you want. This is not a custom game for each of us.

It’s a change to NOT have this in the game. Sorry but I don’t have to demonstrate anything :grimacing:

I seem to remember my best friend transferring his warlock off of his brother’s account long before TBC came out.

I suppose they might not have actually transferred it, and just recreated the character or something… Do you have any reference for what the truth is on that?? I did super fast google search and didn’t find anything.

I realllllly want account-to-account transfers. Real badly.

Lvled a second 60 on my main account then got another account later. Really regret lvling my other char on the same account. You can just do so much more when they are all on separate accounts.

Blue post stating account transfers were introduced before TBC:

all of you guys are really… really… wrong… about why blizzard should or shouldnt do it.

stop thinking that blizzard has morals.

step back and think about how much money this may cost them.

allowing people to effectively “merge” accounts by moving character onto the same account, and then that person dropping the subscription on the left over account. Would mean a loss for money from blizzard.

it is also possible for people to “split” characters and create more accounts, but this is much less likely than the former.

blizzard probably expects this. and will not willingly lose subs.

it has nothing to do with multiboxing or w/e thing you people are talking about. its all about the $$$$$$$

WTB character account transfers!

Make it happen blizzard bae :kissing_heart: xx

Still waiting!

Sounds like a great idea to bolster character selling.

1 Like

I see 2 different sets of rules. To me they are quite different.

There are the game rules: the rules of playing on one server, which Classic copied from Vanilla.

Then there is “the setup” (layers, subscriptions, transfers between servers, transfers between accounts, tokens).

In my (2 cent) opinion, Classic does not have to imitate the Vanilla setup, in order to imitate the Vanilla game rules. In fact, it can’t. There are no subscriptions to Classic. There were no layers in Vanilla. There were no queues, or covid-19 lockdowns, or mega-servers.

It can’t and won’t bolster character selling if you can only transfer between licences on the one battlenet account, as it has been on retail for many years. I don’t know where people get this idea from.

They get it from the “If”

Well character transfer have been that way for years on retail. If they implemented this for classic, I would assume it would be the same. And that’s what players like myself have been advocating for.

1 Like

If it was tied to transferring only between accounts on the same bnet account then it would be logically ok.

One important part to the puzzle would be how they are going to handle progressing to TBC. It’s going to be a real pain in the butt to have to transfer every single character across multiple accounts to TBC server vs just progressing the server.

Still waitin’
!

2 Likes

Bump.
PLEASE make this available.

I’m happy to pay multiple subs, just take my money and let me move my character off WoW1 onto WoW2

So since account to account transfers were available shortly before Naxx during vanilla, will these become available during P6?

It seems rather silly and awkward to tie this to a phase, but I am all for the acct to acct transfers being available. As many services without impacting the game made available only benefits both Blizzard and the player base.