City of Light Quest - "No Customer Support Solution"

So the support article for the City of Light bug (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/289581) says that "We currently do not have a Customer Support resolution which can be provided. "

However, without this quest being completed, I can’t continue the main thread of quests for The Burning Crusade. None of the attunement quests, half of Shadowmoon Valley/Netherstorm, no shoulder enchants, etc. This is a critical flaw in the ability to play my character.

What am I supposed to do? I’ve done everything the article suggests, followed the servant, did it with addons disabled, etc. etc. I’m not in a raid group, I haven’t changed layers mid quest…

Do I just delete this character and reroll? Will I get a refund on a boost? How does this work when a character is permanently bugged and CS policy is “we won’t assist.”

Or can you just hijack my character and flag the quest complete. :thinking:

Which character are you having an issue with?

Have you tried one of the mentioned workarounds found in the Wowhead comments, Turikdruid?

If you accept the quest and then wait next to the badge vendor where the quest concludes, anyone who completes the quest will also trigger completion for you if you’re nearby, even if your own servant has only just gotten started.

I’m having the issue on Turikmage. (aren’t I creative with names?)

I did try that and watched someone complete the quest in front of me with no credit.

While typing this up, I just redid the quest now and followed the servant exactly never moving more than a few feet from it, and I was able to get quest credit. 6th time is the charm? I suspect Shattrath being so crowded right now might be despawning the servant if you stray too far with it. But that’s not my job any more…

Either way, I think this CS policy is unacceptable for a quest that is central to the storyline and progression of the expansion. So, feedback delivered.

Hopefully my other characters have more luck. Thanks Vrakthis, good to hear from you. <3

This highlighted portion has always been critical, from Day 1 of the original Buring Crusade, and literally millions of players have successfully completed the quest for more than a decade. Without GM intervention.

And, if you had asked in the forums rather than insisting a GM help you play, any number of players would have been able to tell you that, since we aren’t bound by the “no game hints” policy.

Ineffectually, unfortunately. Feedback about CS policy needs to be delivered in a non-Support forum. The folks responsible for the policy choices don’t accept feedback or suggestions from these, and the blue-posting employees (Support Forum Agents) are not empowered to forward suggestions from these Support forums.

I recommend reposting your suggestion in the Quests forum, since this is a policy matter regarding quests.

1 Like

That is great to hear. It is possible that the current population in the city may have an impact, but I’m glad you were able to get credit for the quest.

We generally do try to help, so in this situation if repeated attempts did not work I would have recommended submitting a ticket to see what can be done.

3 Likes

Did you read the support article? The one that offers game hints including standing near the finishing point? Like many forum posts already recommend?

Blizzard recognizes there are issues with the quest, thus the support article. That issue could be a bug in the completion, it could be unclear instructions, but either way - there are issues.

The article is a poor substitute for customer service and neither dissuades contacts nor resolves the issue for customers. I’m pointing that out to the team who influences those articles.

This made me chuckle, and I won’t say why.

Thanks for your help!

Can do. I know you know how difficult it can be to submit tickets when the site thinks it has an article to solve your problem… I won’t beat that dead horse. :sweat_smile:

I apologize, my prior comment was more scolding than I realized.

I can’t say how much of your difficulty was the documented issues and how much was simply not taking the stringency of the quest seriously enough, but I’m glad you got it to work.

Seriously, though, the policy change suggestion will go nowhere here. The non-Support forums or the in-game suggestion/feedback tool are the avenues you should take.

2 Likes

I know the system will try to refer you to a self-help option, especially for gameplay related matters. In this case though, we do have a “Stuck on Quest” option. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The best way to offer feedback for a support article is located at the bottom of that article.

Did you find this article helpful? ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ Yes ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ No

Click ‘No’ and you will be presented with the opportunity to explain why.

3 Likes

Oh, hey - the issue I pointed out was hotfixed. Look at that. Glad to see a permanent solution put in place!

• During the quest “City of Light,” Khadgar’s Servant will now continue giving its tour even if the player is not nearby.
1 Like

you only get the choice of 4 generic checkboxes for article feedback and cant put your own explanations in it unfortunatley