Chris Metzen Appreciation Thread

Whoa he said curse words and was totally politically incorrect what a horrible human being :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Oh gosh, I used to think he was super hot like damn. :fire: :fire: :fire:

7 Likes

I wish Chris Metzen was my Step Dad

2 Likes

Great showman and I enjoyed a lot of his world building, story telling.

3 Likes

Any leader of worth is going to feel that the actions of his team are a reflection on themselves.
Even if those actions did not occur when they were directly there. Metzen was working on Project Titan until 2014 when it failed to launch After that he was working on Overwatch until his health issues in 2016 and he resigned that year.
So quit trying to blame him for everything that was happening in the entire corporation.

Again this was a massive failure of HR to do its job.

2 Likes

WTB Chris Metzen :pleading_face:

3 Likes

That’s just their managerial style. :man_shrugging:

Oh wow, what was that like? Did you get to ride in his Porche?

I suppose it’s no surprise you’d think that’s ok, coming from the guy who wouldn’t intervene if a child were being murdered in front of him.

because, you know, time travellers.

1 Like

If I knew the child, I might intervene. Depending upon my opinion of the child, of course.

I think you’re smart and usually agree with you. What are you referring to?

1 Like

I never played MoP live, but if I had heard this speech I would have been all over that.

3 Likes

Chris Metzen was one of my favorite people at Blizzard because of his obvious love of the game. So I was very disappointed to realise that he had been a senior WoW executive when so many of the bad things were going on. I mean, he even got up at the Q&A at Blizzcon 2018 and called Alex “sexy”. I really can’t equate a very intelligent man who was at the heart of the Blizzard with someone who would be totally ignorant of what was happening. It just does not compute.

I dont say he participated in bad behaviour but he accpeted it as the norm. If he hadn’t, things would have changed. And they didn’t.

1 Like

He was never “the boss at Blizzard”.

OK, Gorg, the boss of WoW. I will edit.

He wasn’t that either.

His former job title was Senior Vice President, Story and Franchise Development.

That makes him a big shot, but not The Boss.

this is the part that just makes me sad. enough accepted the behavior as the norm that it went on unchecked.

1 Like

The guy who voiced both Varian and Thrall that’s who

6 Likes