Chris Metzen Appreciation Thread

No. I would help in anyway I can. But, am I missing context?

I mean, if that child just did a heinous act, well, story kinda makes sense.

Well, I just read this

[quote=“I think I have “Difficulty Blindness.”, post:67, topic:1101149”]
But then, I don’t believe in evil,
[/quote]

Huh. Confused about that. World is full of evil. Why I do not like most ppl.

I’m not gonna debate this. Thanks for linking tho.

1 Like

aww jeez, ok man I just cant win a trick today. Yes, fine.

Chris Metzen was increasingly distant from WoW following WotLK. About the only thing you can pin on him by way of shame is Thrall in Cataclysm. He began stepping away when WoW was at its peak (~12m). Attempting to assign him culpability of any stripe relating to falling subscriptions is laughably uninformed.

Said it many times: Metzen is the only one who understood how to write The Horde.

7 Likes

What is “evil?” Your answer is not the same as mine, and a person from a radically different culture than us would likely disagree with us both.

The word “evil” doesn’t actually mean anything more than “things I strongly dislike.”

When people say, “But _____ is evil. We can all agree on that.” it only shows naivety. We cannot all agree on anything being evil. As I said before, I don’t believe in evil, so I already disagree with you. The person doing whatever it is you’re calling evil likely doesn’t agree that it’s evil either.

There is no objective morality in the world. We each have a completely unique barometer of what we find acceptable and what we don’t.

How can you believe in the concept of evil when there is no objective source of morality that exists?

Morality and evil is all relative.

Google “Khmer rouge genocide in the 1960s”. If that isn’t “evil” or anyone wouldn’t define that as “evil” - well, I got nothing.

This thread is about Chris Metzen. So, let’s harp on that. I was curious what someone was referring to earlier on what you wrote, which is why I asked.

I miss him dearly! The energy he brought to Blizzcon was electric!!! I had the great honor and pleasure to get a chance to speak with him and have him sign one of my Warcraft Art books…He was ever so gracious, and he really is one of us, meaning a true geek, gaming fan!

With much gratitude for all that he has done to make Warcraft and WoW so awesome over the years he put everything into his work at Blizzard…thank you!!!

-Kern

6 Likes

Big Daddy! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I didn’t always like some of his writing but he still seemed like a cool dude.

1 Like

You’re a clown, why haven’t Blizzard ban cringe impersonator like you, i’ll never know.

You’re literally using my character, somehow.

If you click your profile pic and “view profile” it goes to my account you fraud, refresh your login already.

1 Like

Communism is the greater good. I condemn their fascism, but that’s because I don’t like bullies and people who claim to have authority over others, but Capitalism is equally deplorable, and working towards a world where the greed of Capitalism is rejected by society is a worthy goal.

Agreed! I have met Metzen in person on several occasions, and he even bought me a Whiskey Sour at the Anaheim Hilton bar. He is a gentleman and a scholar and he has ventured into pen & paper publishing through his new company WarChief studios.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warchief/auroboros

2 Likes

Metzen made this game. Don’t diminish his creation by attributing the actions of others onto him.

• That said, I really like your mog. Looks great. Good job.
2 Likes

That doesn’t fit the narrative of this thread, lets not talk about that.

It would be worth putting in a ticket for this, they are probably using a character with a special i in the name, they’ll get actioned for this. This goes head first into ongoing harassment and could easily lead to game actions, as well as forum actions, on their account. Link the url to their armory in the ticket.

My armory is literally his armory. If you open my profile & his profile they both go to my account.

1 Like

Weird, it does. I just checked the achievements. Maybe start off in the customer support forum and link the url of one of his posts. I don’t even know which of you is the real Bhoppi though, not even sure if I can trust the post count. All I know is someone is likely going to be banned.

1 Like

Will do, thanks!

2 Likes

The fake you seems much nicer.

Can we keep them instead?

8 Likes

I agree. 100%

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Bhoppi-bonechewer/activity

You joined 1 day ago, what you are doing right now is impersonating me, and i hope the mod will punish you for it, im opening my ticket right now.

2 Likes