Chris Metzen Appreciation Thread

I miss Christ Metzen

57 Likes

I miss Metzen the Messiah.

6 Likes

“War is coming!”

Dude just got me jazzed up over an expansion I’ve already played.

20 Likes

“What kind of jack××× rolls out wearing an Alliance sweater and carrying a Doomhammer?”

Miss his energy & passion 🪦

12 Likes

You mean the guy that was helping design WoW when the game lost 7 - 8 million players…and helped support the culture that resulted in California and Federal lawsuits

Yeah he was great

8 Likes

Your source, Young Nikolon?

8 Likes

He was one of the original Blizzard employees and did nothing to stop it.

Plus I am pretty sure there is something out there that ties him to the Cosby room. Can’t remember if it’s a pic or message.

He is quoted as saying:

Metzen says, “we [management] failed too many people when they needed us.” He apologizes for “the part [he] played in a culture that fostered harassment, inequality, and indifference.”

6 Likes

We need him back I think he is one of the few people that can actually save the company.

15 Likes

Agreed 100%. He was the best of us.

10 Likes

I miss Christ Metzen.

5 Likes

Metzen was awesome. Kind of cringe he had a mid-life crisis during Cata that made Thrall into a hermit, but otherwise his influence on the franchise was epic.

17 Likes

Can’t find this tweet anywhere, please provide source if you’re gonna make hardcore claims like this.

"We failed, and I’m sorry. To all of you at Blizzard – those of you whom I’ve never met – I offer you my deepest apologies for the part I played in a culture that fostered harassment, inequality, and indifference.

There is no excuse. We failed too many people when they needed us because we had the privledge of not noticing, not engaging, not creating necessary space for the colleagues who needed us as leaders. I wish my apology could make any kind of difference. It can’t"

-Chris Metzen

If you’re gonna quote someone while also being inflammatory, at least have the decency to post it in full context Lil’Niko

27 Likes

From the article I used as a source…I did post the full quote

But sure.

I love his energy.

He will be missed.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but what source my guy? All I see is an out of context sentence touted as something Metzen said.

6 Likes

I miss Christ Metzen

4 Likes

How the heck is that out of context? Even with full quote it doesn’t change the context

Cause ya didn’t post the source in your first post? Like, dafuq? Did you not read my reply fully before you saw the words out of context?

3 Likes

You can find his full statement/response on his twitter account, unbroken apart.

Not your fault you fell victim to an article that tears apart peoples full statements in damaging ways, just be more careful next time.

7 Likes

You’re dismissing the point.

He acknowledges his role in the whole incident.

Who cares about which source you quote. He was part of the problem.

1 Like