Character Stuck Logged In For Over 2 Hours

I’d like to play my character, thanks.

Character is Che-Incendius.

Swapped to the affected character. I put in a ticket, but given that I’m raid leading tonight, I don’t have the 3 days that I expect a ticket to take.

Two hours is definitely odd. Typically the system would try to remove you from the game long before then.

Not sure if you’ll be able to use the Stuck Character service, but it might be worth a shot if it will let you:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/834/solution

2 Likes

It states that the character has to be logged out. Given that the character is stuck logged-in, this precludes any eligibility I might have. But yes, I have tried it.

Response times haven’t been over a day for a while now, though even if that were the case I’m afraid posting on the forums is not a means to circumvent the normal ticket system.

It looks like you have a ticket in and it is set to an appropriate priority so a Game Master should be able to look into your request fairly soon.

How long has the registration issue been happening? I know we have some log in issues that are being looked into right now, that might be related.

5 Likes

When I log in normally, I’m able to log out normally. However, if I try to register my 2’s arena team, any character-altering action (i.e. hearthing, logging) will not complete, and push my character into the described state.

For more information: I disabled all of my addons prior to testing this most recently (with the same result). My team name included spaces, but no special characters.

So, what’s my resolution here: eat the 80g fee and just delete the item, pretending it doesn’t exist? Should I get someone else to register for me? I have guildies that were able to successfully do this.

My guess is since everyone seems to be attempting to do this that it may be having an impact for some. Which I believe is what is being looked into. Maybe wait a bit.

2 Likes

I am literally the only person near the registration in Nagrand.

I am also experiencing the same exact issue. My character is stuck online and it gives me “A character with that name already exists.” error when I try to log in.

Going on 3 hours now. Is there any solution? I tried unstuck character on the website and it didn’t work. I have a ticket up.

Yep, same problem here. Looking for a solution. Have had a ticket open for over 3 hours too with no response.

If there were an update, be sure that Vrak or one of our other SFAs would say something here. They’re usually very good about that.

Tickets are answered in the order that it was received. If Vrak was seeing reports of something similar earlier, you can be sure they’re getting slammed with tickets - especially with it being the first day of Arenas being available. Your ticket will be responded to as soon as it comes up in the queue.

2 Likes

Sorry! We removed breaking news from the launcher/client a few hours ago when the issues with the realms were resolved.

If characters are continuing to have issues, leave those tickets open and a Game Master will be able to take a look.

3 Likes

Seriously though, thank you for popping in! I admittedly didn’t even see anything on the launcher, having been out, but you guys usually are good about updates here when it relates to someone’s issues.

1 Like

My issue preventing me from logging on was fixed, but I tried to make a 2v2 team again and it resulted in the same problem. Is my character just unable to make arena teams? I reopened my ticket.

Been unable to log in for over 8 hours. Same issue, 5s roster turn in problem. Orinas-Arugal.

Please file a ticket if you’ve not already. Nothing can be done about it here on the forums as it is a place for players to assist other players, and any issues that are still coming up that may or may not be associated with earlier problems will need to be looked into by the GMs.

1 Like

Actually 15 mins after posting this, I was able to log in lol. Still don’t know if turning in the roster will mess it up again so if a GM wants to contact me and test it, let me know. Keeping my ticket open.

Same thing is happening to me right now as well. Attempted to turn in a 2v2 charter and now my character isn’t able to log in. It’s saying that the Character with a same name already exists. It is extremely frustrating.

I’ve got the same advice offered to the person who posted before you. Please submit a ticket, nothing can be resolved here over the forums. There are no GMs here, and it seems as though one is required to push things through. Just be mindful that tickets are answered in the order that they are received. It’s not going likely to be something responded to in the next fifteen minutes as there are other folks in queue before you.

1 Like

how do i even ticket this. the ticket system is terrible

2 Likes