"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

except it’s not secret knowledge. anyone who has been in retails GD in the last 6 months at all ever knows it to be true.

This isn’t something as fundamentally drastic as completely changing the balance of your expansion weeks before launch, this is opening a few new servers, something they did half-a-dozen times during Classic.

People were so keen on throwing around “apples-to-oranges” earlier where this is probably the only legitimate usage of the phrase applicable in here.

You mean someone that can tell vague answers easily. Someone who has very basic communications skills that you apparently lacked if your actual strawman is to be believed? Didn’t realize that was too much to ask.

oh you don’t say? Bro I am not a child.

those servers are not servers that just randomly started at phase 1 when phase 6 was out, and tbc was going to be out soon. when new servers were released in tbc retail they didnt start at phase 1 of vanilla.

What does that have to do with anything? Phase 6 is over, Classic progression is finished. There’s literally nothing stopping them from just locking the content back on certain servers.

u rite me no comunikate gud

As the one that threw it out, and if we are being honest. It was very applicable before. You still tried a lot of really big reaches to make it work though. “They did this on one set of servers designed for a specific purpose so OBVIOUSLYSY the slippery slope will be fully in place on this other set even though it serves another purpose.” Other users then completely dismantled the terrible token to buy gear argument you made so I didn’t really feel the need to reply. But now, you criticising the argument when you failed to argue against it. Got to call that out.

Good. We’re in agreement.

he’s starting to get upset because people who have played all along know the game blizz is playing. it’s probably best to not engage in things. it’ll just end up with someone getting a forum suspension.

I think it is the “absolutes” that they keep trying to argue as if the world works that way instead of understand nuance. It’s why their points usually fall flat. Then they got people like sephrinx who just makes their whole point of view look worse each post.

1 Like

There’s your mistake right there…

2 Likes

the entire argument from them starts and ends with '“you don’t agree with me so you’re wrong”

then when you try to show them proof that certain things happen and that they shouldn’t get their hopes up they get super hostile and lash out and accuse you of not following points logically. lol

• It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

Okay then, can we compromise? One “time-limited” level 58 boost that becomes unavailable ~1 month from Outland launch? (not pre-patch launch).

The boost goes against the original WoW ethos. But you are going ahead anyway so here is my reasoning for a time-limited boost.

Bots. Every normal player who wants to “play TBC” but doesn’t want to play classic now to level to 60, will buy a boost to play TBC, which is fine.

What is not fine is 3,4,12,15 months after TBC launch and the boost is still available and being abused by bots to instantly level characters into outland. By keeping the one time level 58 boost time-limited it prevents bots from instantly botting outlands materials and impacting the TBC economy endlessly.

But they will just bot undetected from 1-58 in Azeroth zones with no one reporting them”.

Is not a valid excuse because there is still the chance they will be found and banned prior to reaching level 58 and it adds extra time to their botting process which raises the black market value of gold which makes players less inclined to buy gold because it’s more expensive.

Anyone who wants to be playing TBC classic and paying for a level 58 boost should be doing it within a month of TBC launch. If people decide 5 months later that they want to play, they should not have the luxury of a paid boost because they had the opportunity and squandered it.

If there is no public discussion between players and devs of the level 58 boost being time-limited and Blizzard instead stays silent and it becomes permanent, to me that is a breakdown of trust for the sake of greed.

1 Like

you forgot to add that they also put you on ignore

1 Like

the entire point of the boost is so that people can immediately go through the portal and level in outlands with their friends.

you’re essentially arguing that if people decide to come back 6 months from now and want their friend to play that the entire point of the boost wouldn’t still be an issue.

I’m out of likes, but I like this, and I like you.

1 Like

And since Blizzard never makes revisions i’m suggesting it only be available for a short period of time at TBC launch to cull 2+ years of bots instantly farming outlands.

Yeah, I’d say a limited time boost is a fair compromise. Since the entire point of the boost is to draw in as many people as possible to play that weren’t interested in Classic, it doesn’t really serve that purpose anymore after the game has been out for a while

1 Like

That is actually just not true. You keep moving goal posts or abruptly changing topics to the point that we cannot even follow the conversation any more. Most people who have engaged with you have stopped and are waiting for someone more sensible to engage with.