"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

the boost is relevant the entirety of tbc classic, not just one month. people may be doing things in retail, irl, or some other game entirely and want to play with their friends. so they’d be behind anyway. but you’re trying to say they should be even FARTHER behind because you think bots will abuse it.

yes that’s why people who agree with me are liking my posts and saying things to me that we both agree with. but people who stopped responding to me did so because they raged themselves to the point they stopped responding because they couldn’t deal with facts presented. even to the point where people are supposedly blocking others on the forums because they can’t handle people not agreeing with them. search the term “block” or “mute” in the thread. there’s only one side that has spammed that they’re doing it.

Case in point. That makes no sense nor does it prove anything.

• It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.

Okay then, can we compromise? One “time-limited” level 58 boosts. Say 1 month from Outland launch? (not pre-patch launch).

that kills the point entirely. People want to come and play with their friends, not come and play 3 weeks after their friends hit max level, and have to try and catch up to their friends.

What is not fine is 3,4,12,15 months after TBC launch and the boost is still available and being abused by bots to instantly level characters into outland. By keeping the one time level 58 boost time-limited it prevents bots from instantly botting outlands materials and impacting the TBC economy endlessly.

this is a more sensible point. Having the boost available immediately on launch but then removing it later gives people the option to play with their friends from the start, and limits the abuse that can be done by bots in the long term. But i still think there are better solutions to the botting issue

1 Like

How did anyone disprove anything? People argued slippery slope doesn’t work because there’s no P2W, while I pointed out we have the WoW Token. The WoW token is fundamentally a P2W aspect of the game: Pay money, get a financial advantage. No one disproved me, the argument was just dropped.

it proves that one side is open to discourse and the other isn’t. we’re debating and exchanging ideas. yall are just rage blocking people. we don’t expect people to just agree cuz someone said something. but yall block or stop talking to us if we don’t just agree with what yall are saying. you can also look in different threads where people are responding to themselves like “hahaha i have you blocked and i can’t see youuuuuuuuu” whereas we’re just discussing things like adults.

The reason the boost exists is so people can “play with their friends”.

If someone has friends playing TBC and they decide to play a few months after launch, they can get their friends to level with them from 1-70 or they can use their max levels to help their friend level 1-70.

It’s not like there is an infinite amount of content in phase 1 for people to do and most people will be leveling second/third alts to 70.

The boost at launch is a compromise of ethics for money based on a once in a lifetime event (launch day).

There is no reason for the boost to exist permanently. Leveling is part of the game, if you don’t want to level then you don’t want to play.

The one month from launch is my suggested max duration of the availability of the boost. I’m not suggesting the boost only be available one month after launch.

I agree, but i don’t think Blizzard should be giving bots more tools to RMT more efficiently.

Which is why it needs to be non-permanent.

except that’s not the case at all. a lot of people didn’t play retail because the point of entry was too high. then the boosts were introduced to combat that. the boost still exists in retail as a way to get people to play. lots of people didn’t level AT ALL except the newest expansion (such as this boost) and are now high tier raiders or pvpers. they didn’t want to level but they most certainly wanted to play, and do. at a higher level than most people who leveled normally over the years.

I mean, they actually did disprove you. They showed how that any of the gear you can get is still not going to be the best so it won’t really be much of an advantage unlike actual p2w gear. And to call the token p2w even then is a big stretch. Are you able to actually argue a point without having to stretch it?

Though, maybe at this point I would focus more on saying nobody disproved you when there were a ton of posts disproving you when I was catching up in the topic. I think you missed a bunch.

but but whyd you roll a human for phase 2???

1 Like

omg I actually got flashbacks. Thanks homie!

about to quote yourself again to show how leet you are for having blocked people, right? lol

In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items, downloadable content, or to skip cooldown timers may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise hardly be able to access said items. Such games are called “pay-to-win” by critics. In general a game is considered pay-to-win when a player can gain any gameplay advantage over their non-paying peers.

Just because you don’t get as much of an advantage as whatever your arbitrary requirement is doesn’t mean it doesn’t give an advantage.

2 Likes

“May be able to get an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise hardly be able to access said items.”

You skipping a vital detail there. Nothing of the coin gives anyone anything that can’t already be accessed. That means its not pay to win. Thank you for providing the link proving my point!

yall really give up easily lmao

he dismantled his own argument posting that. :rofl:

Or blizzard could you, start doing more about bots in the first place.

They announced it at blizzcon, it’s on their website, it’s in the FAQ, it’s all over the extra media interviews, it’s all anyone is really talking about.

It’s not going away, Blizzard referenced it too much.

What they haven’t done is told anyone the specifics, the restrictions, the price etc.

I feel like trying to get the boost removed is talking to a brick wall. But adding a bunch of extra restrictions to it so it’s only useful on launch day and non-permanent will only bring benefits to first-adopters (the people already playing classic) without enabling bots.

1 Like

So if it’s 8.3, someone sees a really good corruption on the auction house, but is short 300,000 gold, it’s not P2W if they buy a few tokens, sell them, and get the money before the auction ends?

I’m curious what you consider an advantage if that’s the case then.

1 Like