Cataclysm “classic” is never going to happen

This makes zero sense. If Blizzard knows it would be a flop, why release a survey for it?

Ignoring the nonsense of this thread, the actual reason to send out the survey know is so they will have a better understanding of the community desires and what changes the community largely supports. After all, they have to start developing the thing soon.

BTW, Cata Classic is probably going to happen. For you to say “never” is a bit of a joke.

1 Like

To confirm what they already know. I could ask the opposite question for the TBC and WOTLK surveys. They put them out weeks before announcing them, when they had already been working on them. It was redundant, because they knew those would be extremely popular.

They did the cataclysm survey early to confirm what’s likely already true so they don’t waste time getting the servers ready for what has extremely low demand outside of current retail players.

The audience fought for classic, the most nostalrious crowd, are the playerbase that quit in the post cataclysm era that has been telling blizzard for years how much they have dumbed down the rpg and social elements of the game and have been begging for classic servers since even wrath. Nobody from this crowd will play cataclysm, and they are the vast majority of recovered subscribers that actually make blizzard money off classic.

Here’s a thought: If you don’t like it, don’t play it. We all know if any expansion is getting its own client like Vanilla did it’s going to be Wrath so why do you people act like the sky will fall if they decided to move on to Cata Classic?

The best thing that will happen if blizz does release cata is that someone will drop a private server for vanilla into tbc into wrath server and the population will boom and I’ll get to save my sub fee and still get to play the good expansions of the game.

1 Like

Cataclysm is a really fine expansion, they just needed to add a content patch between firelands and Dragon soul. It would peak.

content patch = things to do, maybe another legendary item (exclusive to Classic Cataclysm), new daily hub, new raid (could even re-skin an older raid perhaps).

I mean it could happen. I just think it would be best re-using assets but making it an entirely different timeline.

Jotted down my ideas on the forums a while back.

1 Like

Which was exactly my point, I won’t play, and neither will 99% of WoW’s recovered lost subs who returned for classic. Cataclysm wouldn’t be profitable and therefore a financially stupid move, which is why cataclysm will never happen.

to either confirm or deny interest in releasing a classic Cata.

kind of answers your initial question.

More then likely a true statement.

Don’t be surprised by the power of money if it can bring in the coin they’ll do it also if their share holders ask them to bring it out also.

You are simultaneously overestimating the number of people that have returned for Classic, and underestimating the number of people who would play Cataclysm, whether that be out of curiosity for what they missed/skipped, genuine enjoyment of the expansion, or simply as a stepping stone toward Pandaria Classic

1 Like

Old world zones are bad. People would pay to skip leveling. The revamp of the world is neutral to me. I don’t like nor dislike it. I guess it makes questing more interesting and complete.

LFR isn’t bad either. If you have a guild you do normal/heroic. If you don’t, you do LFR. It’s for a completely different audience. Don’t touch the optional feature.

The new talent system is also fine. It removes some passive +x% filler talents. The leveling is quick enough that 1 talent point per level would not be a problem.

I think Cata is a solid expansion with a more refined class design. It’s already made, and Blizzard will milk us like before.

1 Like

If I was overestimating the number of people who returned from classic, the servers wouldn’t exist. Classic exists because nostalrious proved there was a sizable audience of lost subscribers who loved the old WoW for being an old school mmorpg and would never play retail no matter what the content was because of the complete change in genre it became. This is the audience that has been screaming at blizzard since even WOTLK for vanilla servers.

Cataclysm is the shift away from being an mmorpg into a completely different genre. The audience for cataclysm and pandaria is the exact same audience that plays retail, whom already give blizzard money anyway.

1 Like

Ouch. Imagine claiming to speak for 90 or 99% of people who play classic and thinking that anyone supports any of your statements from here on out is anything more than a sheep.
I understand Cataclysm was hard for you, and you’re obviously not alone in that stance, but thinking you have a clue what you’re talking about is cute.

Well I am exactly the type of player you are describing and I’m interested in Cata Classic +.

Give us a reworked Cata with the Classic vibe and I will totally play that.

Gimme exactly what you’re doin with Wrath+ but with Cata content and you have my sub.

Some cool ideas man I like the creativity you’ve put into this.

1 Like

OP, I hope you are right. Cata is when WoW began its descent to where it is now.
I thought the story was decent, but I did not like the new talent system.
Plus the last fight against Deathwing sucked. Defeating each of those tentacle hooks was stupid. But I must admit that fight on his back was definitely unique

cata was awesome.

i think you need to combine your idea with your negligence.

release cata classic+.

keep vanilla gamestyle game play. win win win. but… then maybe fork the game from there lol

A separate Cata server would have plenty of players. I just sincerely hope if they do Cata classic, they do NOT progress the Wrath servers. Changes between Wrath and Cata were far too extreme.

Notably they already incorporated mounting levels from Cata. I hope that’s it.

Since the op is a lemon alt and lemon made a thread saying there would be no ques yesterday you can bank on cata classic being released.

There’s a reason you are posting this on a level 10 and not your main and its a joke. So many level 10’s that have all the answers on these forums.