Can't Transfer Anthör

Have tried multiple times and it won’t work, have reviewed the LONG list of things I need to do but I have obviously missed something.

The system provides no feedback as to what and I’m tired of auditing my character.

Please help.

Edit: its possible I hit the 30 day limit. It would have been nice to know this during my second token purchase, but then you wouldn’t get my money early!

You can check your transaction history on battle.net to see exactly when you purchased the previous boost.

3 Likes

I’m not entirely certain what you are referring to, Anthor. There isn’t a 30 day limit, there is a 72 hour cooldown, but that only applies to the character itself. So you’d only have the cooldown if you transferred that character recently.

Yes, you appear to be wearing an Heirloom, which is in the restrictions list.

• You cannot transfer a character with heirlooms in your inventory or equipped.
10 Likes

There is a 30 day limit for account transfers. Its literally on the page you linked.

• You can transfer a character from a realm to another once every 72 hours. However, if you transfer a character from one account to another, you can perform subsequent transfers (whether to another account or to a new realm) only after 30 days

So this incredibly ambiguous rule refers to the CHARACTER and not the ACCOUNT? Are you saying that I SHOULD be able to transfer Anthor despite transferring Cursa 'from the same account a couple of weeks ago? I should go back to auditing my character and trying over and over again?

Why isn’t validation information displayed at the point of failure? Why do I have to seek help to find out why it is failing?

Once you remove and destroy all the heirlooms your character is wearing.

2 Likes

So back to character auditing it seems, because its too hard to display what item is offensive to the transfer.

I’m paying over 20 bucks for this, you’d think they could strip heirlooms as part of the process, or at least tell me what specifically is going wrong when I try!

I’m seeing you haven’t gotten rid of the heirloom yet, that’s what is holding up the transfer.

1 Like

I gave up and re-heirloomed him for play a couple of days ago.

Going to try again soon.

Make sure to delete the heirlooms before you try again.

1 Like

Finally transferring now, my 5-box multicrew will assemble at last!

Yesterday I noticed I had an ‘already known’ pet remnant in my bank that I deleted, I think that counts as a ‘caged pet’. I definitely had no heirlooms on or banked when I was trying to transfer.

This is such a janky process. The fact that it displays NO error message or even a link to the requirements is mind-boggling! There’s not even an ‘it worked’ confirmation dialog. Its the jankiest thing I’ve worked with online in months.

I’m a 20 year software dev so I do know what I’m talking about when it comes to that sort of thing…

okay, so is everyone that posts here or 20 years as Customer Service, which means doodlysquat. If you got feedback about the ingame services, post general discussion if you wish to be heard. The devs don’t come to the CS forums for player feedback.

2 Likes

My aren’t you persnickety.

I’ve already done that champ, it went without a reply or acknowledgement. Does that mean I was ‘heard’? I changed characters to help support know who I was talking about when I asked for help.

Character Transfer Process Feedback - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Thanks for your ‘help’ though lol.

Edit: But more seriously, if the CS team isn’t able to communicate with dev about what’s going wrong (as you seem to be asserting), and have to instead rummage through General Discussion, then that would actually explain a LOT.

Well, for one thing, these forums are a player to player forums. It’s for players to help other players. If you need to contact Customer Service, you submit a ticket.

3 Likes

Then why do CS post here? Why do the devs peruse General Discussion for ideas on what to fix?

You mean the Blues? They are Support Forum Agents, not CMs, GMs or Devs. They are here to keep players on track and clarify issues when needed.

3 Likes

Do you think that the character transfer process is well made? Should there be validation that tells the user what went wrong? At the moment NOTHING in game tells the user what is going on at all…

Here is a Blue about the scope of what is done here.

3 Likes

Do you think that the character transfer process is well produced? Should it be improved?

It doesn’t matter what I think. But I do notice you are baiting for an argument, and I’m not gonna play that game.

/shoo

4 Likes

Baiting an argument? I’m trying to get your actual opinion on the topic of my feedback.

Why not share? :frowning: