Can't Transfer Anthör

No you are not. No matter what I would say, you’d just argue the opposite or call me a shill as some are want to do.

Go play your game on GD.

welcome to ignore…

1 Like

That’s not true at all, but you do you.
Imagine jumping into someone’s thread, telling THEM to shut up, then ignoring them.
All because they asked for your actual opinion on the topic :frowning:

Part of the devs job responsibilities includes assignments to monitor Blizzard discussion forums - not the help forums. They also monitor third party discussions like those on reddit and wowhead.

You can also route feedback directly to the devs at warcraftdevs on twitter, or use the in-game feedback/suggestion tool found under the ESC Menu.

4 Likes

Where is the in game feedback option? I don’t use twitter because its awful.

Is it part of the Support options somewhere?

Hit ESC, in-game. it’ll bring up a menu. One of the options is help. It’ll be on the top of the page for that option.

For Main Menu I have:

Support
Shop
What’s New

System
Interface
Key Bindings
Macros
AddOns

Log Out
Exit Game

Return to Game

Which path for Feedback and Ideas?

Support then submit feedback or report bug

1 Like

So its part of the Support section of the game, but absolutely NOT the Support part of the forums :smiley:

Correct, the support part of the forum is more to point you in the direction that you need to go.

2 Likes

It works properly if people dont have caged pets send mail to that toon thats screws the process over or in your case wear heirlooms i transfered more then one toon years ago w/o issues.

1 Like

I wasn’t wearing heirlooms 2 days ago when I posted. I didn’t have any caged pets, the problem was an old pet that was in my bank from about 2008. No cage.
But aside from that, the requirements should be displayed and validated in game as part of the process. Confirmation should be displayed, and validation should provide the user with useful information to fix the issues.
This is literally UI 1001. Its the minimum.

An actually well-designed system would just strip equipped heirlooms rather than requiring players to audit their characters.

Apply to work for Blizzard and show them how it’s done?

8 Likes

Why would I want to come out of retirement to work for Blizzard? Everything I hear says its a kind of an awful work environment. All the people I’d want to work with have long since quit.
I’d also have to argue with people like in this thread about absolute fundamentals, as though standards didn’t matter. Stuff that, this is annoying enough!

While I might agree that it could be better addressed when purchasing through the in-game store option, it links the information and restrictions article on the store page of the launcher and website.

Considering the service restrictions haven’t changed in the years it’s been available (save for gold limitations), the common sense things to look for should be easy to spot. And if you’re unsure, again. Easy enough to find the article and information within their system for us mere plebs, it shouldn’t be any issue at all to find as a veteran dev like yourself.

You’ve offered your insight in the proper channels, it seems, and you’ve got your transfers to go through so sounds like all is gold on your end of things. Glad you got it situated and good luck with your multiboxing team.

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: Re-buying and upgrading all the Heirlooms is a sting though!
I agree that the out-of-game information is complete and it wasn’t hard to find when the process didn’t work. I created this thread knowing that I had probably missed something. Some of the wording is imo ambiguous and should be reviewed.
I disagree that the age of the requirements is relevant; every process should be evaluated against the brand new, basically ignorant user experience. Assuming any systems knowledge is a big no-no here. If anything the maturity of the system is damning as it follows that its been like this for a long time.
My main gripe is with the process itself, which is infested with jank. Some examples:

• It allows you to attempt character transfers that violate the requirements and are destined to fail. This is straight up pants-on-head wrong.
  • When completed, success or fail, the dialog closes and the character screen refreshes. Regardless of outcome, the candidate character remains on the list.
  • As it doesn’t tell you if it was successful, you have to log in and out to check for the gear icon.
  • I have no special insights and they know all of this; they also make sure you pay that premium service fee up front. The token system does a lot of heavy lifting in terms of preventing abandoned carts, they go immediately from user enquiry to payment without all that fuss about requirements. Locking the player in with their hard-earned ASAP makes it much harder to abort once started.
    I don’t like this one at all, from a multi-billion dollar company it feels deliberate, anti-consumer and just plain icky. What would Mike Morhaime do?

This is why I (imo, fairly) claim that the UI and process would get an F in a freshman college or high school software dev class. This isn’t really up for dispute because as I mention, the current implementation of transfers violates very elementary software design principles. Its just not up to code, pun intended :smiley:
Finally given the premium price, up front financials and the broader expectation of customer-first service and quality from Blizzard, all heirlooms and already-known pets should just be stripped automatically. Requiring a user to instead audit their character, inventory and bank is just straight up laziness, or worse is a sign of underlying backend systems jank.

You make us doubt your 20 years experience as a software dev when you seem to have problems understanding that feedback in the Customer Support forum will not be forwarded.

If "giving feedback"
     then "post in General Discusson"
     else "feedback won't be passed on to the Devs"

The Blues (Blizzard employees) that post here do moderation and post when something needs clarifying. They are not liaisons with QA or the Devs. They don’t see each other in the office. The Devs are in California. Most, if not all, the SFAs are in Texas.

4 Likes

Who is this us you speak of?
Anyway your comprehension skills seem way low for someone so willing to open with snarky shade.
I posted my feedback days ago to the appropriate channels days ago. You can tell because of the way I wrote about it above.

Yet you still continued to give feedback in this thread, even after you were told it isn’t gathered here. And tried to get others to give feedback too. The feedback to the process would be better in your thread in General Discussion.

Don’t talk about the comprehension skills of others when mine isn’t the only post questioning your experience as a software dev - hence “us”.

3 Likes

No I didn’t, I replied to posters expressing their opinion on the matter. Read.

Yet you didn’t give any of that information in your thread in General Discussion, where it would be seen by the people who could make changes to the process.

3 Likes