Can't Start Dragon Isles on level 70 characters

When TWW launched, all of my 70s had the quest “The Dragon Isles Awaits” removed from their quest log, and I’ve found no way to pick it up again. This includes characters on an account that does not have TWW.

I’ve tried going to where Wrathion/Ebyssian are in Stormwind/Org and they are phased out. The NPCs a the Zepplin Tower in Durotar are also phased out. (I’m not sure what NPCs I’d see on the Stormwind docks, but there aren’t any quests therre.) When I take the Valdrakken portal to the Dragon Isles and fly to the Waking shore, none of the campaign quests show up. (I do see some side quests like the profession stuff in the first hub, but no scouting map.)

I’ve tried party sync with a low level character that had “The Dragon Isles Awaits” in their log with no luck.

A character that did the initial quests during the Dragonflight pre-patch (but never completed “the Call of the Isles”) still has that quest, and can see the NPCs on the zepplin tower. So it looks like it’s the first couple quests in the series causing the issue.

11 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue, I have tried to get the quest every way I can, going to the docks and the waking shore looking for any quest giving npc, but it doesn’t seem to exist for any of my level 70 characters after the war within launch.

I have reached out to support and received nothing but a statement that they do not provide game hints, I’ve re-opened the ticket with clarification so fingers crossed.

4 Likes

I had 8 level 70 characters on both Horde and Alliance, and only 1 of them could get the quest started. I started a new level 10 Voide Elf and could get the quest, so I’m playing through Dragonflight with that character. When I first tried getting the quest, I didn’t have TWW, but now I do and I still can’t get that quest on those lv 70s. There’s a bunch of stuff tied to the DF story campaign, so this is a pretty big issue IMO.

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue.

2 Likes

Same issue, I’ve cleared out all the other quests in org, but I can’t get [The Dragon Isles] awaits on my remix character. Ebyssian is missing from Org. I tried using a starter edition account and party syncing, but my remix character still cannot get the quest.

4 Likes

Same issue, occurring on both Horde and Alliance characters. For me it seems to be all my Remix-leveled characters, except interestingly for my Drac’thyr, who can still access them as normal. The issue is also effecting characters I leveled to 70 in the pre-patch event who had never accessed the Dragon Isles prior. I haven’t checked everybody, but it SEEMS as if any character who hit 70 or above without having already accessed the Isles and begun the main quest line, is now locked out of it on my account. This is, for me, a significant number of characters.

I would like to detail that this locks all of these characters out of the Dragonflight main questline and all the activities tied to it; I can’t access follower dungeons on them, can’t unlock the portal to Valdrakken, and am vastly limited in what I can do on the Dragon Isles on these characters. I wanted to put this in because in the support ticket I submitted the vibe seemed to be that the missing quest was ‘inconvenient’ but wasn’t actually an issue because I could still just take the boat to the Isles, so I just want to elaborate that this is not ‘a missing quest’, this is the game not allowing these characters to access an expansion’s worth of content and activities. Bit of a problem really, and definitely something that needs addressing.

6 Likes

Confirming Ophelia’s statement. After war within went live the dragon isles are no longer available for level 70 characters. Logging the bug i received this response - Support does not provide game hints or restore items, currencies, or progress lost due to bugs.

3 Likes

Can I ask what happens if you check in with Chromie for Chromie Time to see if Dragonflight had become part of the <70 level experience?

At level 70 Chromie only offers chat options explaining how Chromie time works.

I’m seeing the Dragonflight quest just being automatically pushed to characters under 70, no Chromie Time required.

2 Likes

That is fine the issue is an account that has never access the content is now locked out of it. The entire campaign is missing from character that are level 70. This wasn’t the case prior to War within going live.

2 Likes

I know, I’ve got a ton of Remix and pre-patch leveled characters that are locked out of Dragonflight, including some on an account without TWW where Dragonflight is latest content. I was just answering someone’s question about availability on less that 70 characters. (It’s not broken there.)

3 Likes

Same here on any of my four level 70’s from remix. The start quests are no where and if take boat to the starter island it has no quests there either. Go to Valdrakken and the start quest for the campaign are not there either nor are there any NPC’s that sends you to one.

I tried partying with someone that has the quest but they are not shareable. Also, even with party sync the quests also do not show up.

So our Remix Characters and any character level 70 or over are screwed for Dragon Isles Campaign quests.

2 Likes

So there is discrepancy on what level 70’s are locked out of dragon isles questing. I have a remixed level 70 that can receive the quests while some of you with remix characters can’t. It seems consistent that character leveled in pre expansion event can’t access Dragon Isles. I wish I had a character that leveled through questing to see if they would be locked out.

Has anyone with a level 80 that never quested in Dragon Isles tried picking up the quests?

Also does anyone know the exact level cap on this? Has anyone tried level 59, 60, 61, 62, etc to see the break point? I’m going to try later today.

Out of personal curiosity, is your remixed level 70 that can access the Isles a Drac’thyr? Mine is, only the Drac’thyr isn’t locked out, so I have an undefined theory that because Drac’thyr get slightly different quests, their phasing might not be broken. Alas, I only have a that one Drac’thyr at 70 who had never accessed the Isles with which to try it on.

Oh! And I DO have a character leveled through questing who is locked out, sort of. She leveled to 60 through questing, never accessed the Isles (hadn’t played her since Shadowlands), got the last 10 levels in the pre-patch, and now she can’t access the Isles. Not full to-70 through quests, but I’m not sure how someone leveled matters as much as that they hit 70 without ever going to the Isles and now they cannot.

And those characters didn’t do any of those Dragonflight quests before TWW when live? (The official, not early access release — that was when the quest were removed from my 70s.) My only 70s that appear to have access are the ones that did the Dragonflight pre-patch stuff a couple years ago.

I have at least one character that did the Dragonflight pre-patch stuff a couple years ago (but never went to the Isles) and that was leveled to 70 in the pre-patch that does have access to the Dragon Isles.

My level 63ish characters had the starting quest pushed to them after TWW went live.

Yep Drac’thyr is the only level 70 that can access the quests. I think you are correct.

Yes this is correct. I’m still picking up from where I left off in BFA when I stopped playing. No pre patch activity for shadowlands or dragon flight. I had no issues picking up the intro quest for shadowlands at level 70. Of course that was before War Within went live. I didn’t think to check if shadowlands was broken as well on other level 70 characters.

It has to be something with level cap and the expansion. I forgot to check last night if the Time walking Campaigns are available for Dragon Isles on low level characters. Maybe the issue is Chromie time. Of course level 70 can’t use Chromie time.

My low level toons are lower level because I don’t want to play them. I want to experience the quests and I’d prefer it on one specific level 70 that doesn’t have access. Current solution is to play through on lower level characters until Blizzard hot fixes.

Just checked and prior expansion campaigns are available to a level 70 character. Shadowlands, BFA, ETC, are available for a 70 that has never done any campaign quests. So only Dragonflight is blocked.

FYI Chromie is all expansions vanilla to Dragonflight.

Can you guys think of anything else to check?

The only thing I can think of to test for the sake of completion is maybe a fresh, level-boosted character? If anybody planned to make one. I don’t think it’ll make any difference though since Remix characters’ conversion essentially seems the same core process, so probably not a big deal as a data point if nobody’s sitting on a level 70 boost.

I really hope this gets attended to. My support ticked did eventually actually acknowledge the problem, but said that ‘nobody else seemed to be reporting the issue’ (which felt odd because I actually linked this thread in one of my responses) and suggested I come here/make a bug report. Well… done. I really enjoy running old expansion content for transmogs and the like or just plain for low-effort chill farming once a character’s outleveled it, and Dragonflight was actually a really fun expansion with a lot of content to do. Yeah, I still have a couple characters who can access it because they leveled through it, but not having free choice of who to take in feels real bad.

2 Likes

Alliance draenei mage at level 70 Wrathion is missing from Stormwind. Toddy Whiskers is missing from Dragon Isles.

Another bug report titled "Dragonscale expedition quests missing for Level 70 after War Within release’
Also bug report titled “Quest To Begin Dragonflight Disappears Upon Reaching Level 70”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/quest-to-begin-dragonflight-disappears-upon-reaching-level-70/1937925

2 Likes