Quest To Begin Dragonflight Disappears Upon Reaching Level 70

I’ve just finished Shadowlands and reached Lv 70 in the process (Horde character).
Now that I’m back in Orgrimmar, I don’t see Ebyssian at The Valley of Wisdom or the usual ‘The Dragon Isles Await’ quest.

I went on my other Lv 70 characters that didn’t begin Dragonflight (in Alliance & Horde) and it’s the same case. No Wrathion (Alliance) or Ebyssian (Horde) to be found. Meanwhile, every other alt below Lv 70 is able to see said NPCs and the starting quest for Dragonflight.

(I’ve got the ‘Low-Level Quests’ and ‘Warband Completed Quests’ boxes ticked. Chromie doesn’t want to take me back either.)
Are level 70s in a weird spot now, with the release of a new expansion? I’d really love to go through Dragonflight before starting The War Within using the same character.

2 Likes

This bug effects all level 70+ characters all classes or races except Drac’thyr.

Once War within hit the introduction quest disappeared from my quest log. I was doing the same as you and wanted to finish shadowlands before doing dragon isles.

Another big report is titled “Can’t Start Dragon Isles on level 70 characters” Also found a few other reports in Reddit.

Please keep reaching out regarding this issue as Blizzard has not yet accepted it as a bug.

1 Like

Same here, so far they haven’t even recognized there is an issue

1 Like

Just checked and my level 70 was able to pick up the quests.

Can confirm this I just checked with this hunter who couldn’t see Wrathion in SW. She can now get the quests. Assuming my horde can too. Hopefully everyone else can too. Just checked my horde hunter she too can get the starting quests for dragon isles.

Just checked in as well and the quest is finally back up! Cheers for staying strong during these tough times! :laughing: