Can't post in beta forums

Try logging out and then back in to the forums.

I just logged out, deleted all cookies and logged back in.

It is possible that because it was a key and not the normal flagging that we do to invite folks into beta that the account didn’t receive permissions.

I’m not seeing the license that you’d need for access.

I’ve reached out to see what I can learn and I’ll let you know. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for looking into it!

I was wondering if part of the problem was that I’m not currently subbed, but I do have beta access via the key and have been logging in and playing beta since I got the key. Maybe the beta forums require both?

Not that I could see. The beta forum only looks to require the beta license, not an active account.

4 Likes

I also got a beta key have had it since Thursday last week and still cannot post in Beta Forums. Between that and my importing UI having locked me out of 2 servers its a tad frustrating but patience n all that.

Its really appreciated to see some communication though.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem as OP but I’ve been an active customer for 16 years. I volunteered for DF beta, and a few days ago I see that the beta download was available (no email from blizzard) so I downloaded and have been playing beta for a few days now. However, I cannot post in the beta forum, only like posts that other people have written.

Update: I logged out of the forum and back in, and now it looks like I can post to the beta forum. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of everyone posting, I see what I would think would be the license that grants posting in beta forums, which isn’t often something I as a fellow player can see on other posters lately. b-license-145. Try logging out and back in a few times.

1 Like

It isn’t that as I don’t have beta, but I do have b-license-145 showing on the forums.

1 Like

145 was the previous beta license, it isn’t the current one.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, was hopeful the log out trick would work.

1 Like

It seems to be fixed now, thanks. I didn’t post anything yet, but I now have the reply buttons and the new post button can actually be pressed now.

4 Likes

I’m having this issue as well. I was given a key from the lore contest last Wednesday and have tried logging in and out multiple times over the last week, with no luck. I’ve tried logging out of all devices, incognito mode, etc. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like the keys weren’t tied to forum privileges, but we’ve reached out to have that looked into.

6 Likes

Thank you for the quick response and action!

2 Likes

Just come here to say I am still not able to reply to the beta forums, even though I was admitted to the beta last Wednesday 9/14, also as part of the Twitter lore quiz giveaway (ty, btw!). I have logged out and back in from the forums/WoW website/Battle.net multiple times. Of special note that might be helpful in sussing this out: when I log in and browse a topic, the Reply button is there, but when I click it to add a reply, the page refreshes and my ability to reply is no longer an option, and doesn’t come back any other time that session.

My situation is different, as in I don’t even see the Reply button, but I also got a beta key from a giveaway (redeemed the code). I’ve logged in and out several times, but to no avail :(. (Actually I did the relog thing a few more times and I now have access. Hopefully it works for other too).

FWiW, the advise is still the same as 2 Years ago.

3 Likes