Cant fly into Vol dun

It’s not as easy as you think, try finding a misplaced comma in a couple of million lines of code.

1 Like

This bug has been going on for over a week approaching 2 weeks.

If you have a solution, I’m sure Blizzard is all ears. You are just gonna have to exercise some patience and let Blizzard do it’s magic. Squashing bugs doesn’t have a fixed timetable, it’s based on priority. I’m pretty sure this bug is high on the list.

4 Likes

And there are some that go on for over a year or more. It’s rarely as simple as people like to think it is. And too, they have to triage what they’re working on. So it’s rarely ‘flip a switch and fix it already!!!’ like some folks would like to envision. They have to find what is causing the issue, and replicate it. Then finding the appropriate fix and making sure that it’s not going to break something (or fifteen other somethings).

3 Likes

The good news with this bug is that GMs can advance you to a point that bypasses the bug and allows you to turn in the quest, so Blizzard is keenly aware of the issue and has at least addressed a workaround so you can still progress.

5 Likes

From what I have read this quest has been broken for over 3 years. and still not fixed

1 Like

Quite often it’s different occurrences of bugs affecting the same commonality (a quest).

4 Likes

There are many different places in the code that can produce a bug that looks exactly like a bug that happened previously and looks like it’s the same bug. It’s entirely possible the bug from three years ago was fixed three years ago and the one happening today is a totally different bug. As players all we can go by is what we see, so it can look like it’s the same bug because the results are the same.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I 've tried to do this quest several times for a few days now and it’s just not working. I end up returning to Zuldazar staring at Kaja. And I’ve tried to find this workaround mentioned but cannot.

File a ticket.

can you elaborate on this? i’m not sure how i would go about doing much beyond making a bug report and definitely want to finish the questline.

It actually should be fixed now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/311364

1 Like

It isn’t, at least for me on Thrall-Retail. I’ve tried all of the suggested troubleshooting tricks mentioned in this thread. It appears the bug still exists. I did submit a ticket in the hopes that a GM would simply mark the quest complete, but it’s a shot in the dark, I know.

2 Likes

I had high hopes for it to be fixed, but… Looks like it’s still bugged for me, as well, even with the workarounds. I’ve had a ticket in for 5 days now too, waiting on a GM to put me past it.

Do you have a ticket number? 5 days seems longer then I remember. Of course it could be patch day, but something tells me the ticket did not submit.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/case/

1 Like

Yessir, it’s Ticket Number: US84468888

Received followup to ticket saying it was fixed. Tried several times and still not fixed. Another day, another update to ticket… how long will it take for it to be fixed or I get a response?

See I pre-emptive struck them on my ticket, I added "Your dev team said it’s fixed, I have re-done all steps, and it still does stop mid-air for me, I have done the /console cvar_default and all other workarounds and troublshooting tips. An I’ve been waiting for 5 days for an answer.

1 Like

Your best solution woudl be and for anyone thats been told that its been fixed and still having issues is to reopen the ticket saying i still have a problem and a GM can take a deeper look.