Can't do "Ulfar's Guidance" Night Fae quest without having done BfA unlock quests

As Horde, the Night Fae covenant quest “Ulfar’s Guidance” requires me to travel to Drustvar to talk to an NPC – but I never did any BfA content on this character, which I leveled during Shadowlands pre-patch. So, I have no scouting table in Dazar’alor, no Horde ship in the harbor, nothing that’ll let me get to Drustvar…other than doing the entire Zandalar unlock quest chain, starting with the Stormwind rescue scenario.

Seems pretty clear that it’s time for a portal or ship or other travel mechanism to Kul Tiras for Horde that doesn’t require that whole quest chain to access.

7 Likes

Also having the same problem except i did a quest or two or something and now I can’t figure out where to pick the quests back up

3 Likes

I need help too. As part of my Night Fae campaign Uldar’s Guidance, I need to get to Drustvar. Everything I read says go to the scouting map in Zandalar but when I go to Zandalar no one is there and the scouting map doesn’t work. I never played BFA on this character. What am I supposed to do?

There may be an easier way, but I took the port from Orgimmar to Zuldazar, went all the way to the dock, talked to Nathanos, and it started me on the right path.

Also, this is ridiculous, blizz please put a portal at the quest giver.

4 Likes

So this worked for me, I couldn’t get the regular quest from the table on the ship etc… went underneath and talked to the chunky goblin and he had a quest to go to drostvar (hidden because lower level)… man that was frustrating heh.

3 Likes

Same issue. Only I’m Ally (Dwarf Hunter toon has the issue). Ports me into the throne room.

Fails via port or boat. Completely locked out. How could a bug like this slip through?

4 Likes

SOLVED

If you’re encountering this, it’s because you haven’t established a port on BFA yet, having not done the intro quest to get there. Which actually makes perfect sense.

Either Horde or Ally, find the intro quest and establish an anchor on BFA lands (for Ally, the King is in the first room on the left as you enter the castle; Quest marker is dimmed).

cheers

Never did BFA on this toon at all.
-Must do the intro quest to establish a port in Boralus.
-Which makes perfect sense - there’s nowhere to port to - so yer off the hook, Blizz.

1 Like

I mean, it’s “solved” in the sense that you identified exactly what we said the problem is, which is the requirement to do a former xpac’s intro quests in order to do a current-content quest located in an former xpac zone.

We don’t have to have done WotLK content before getting to Northrend; we don’t have to have done Pandaria quests before getting there. The same should be done for BfA zones now that it’s no longer current content.

9 Likes

Thank you Captain Obvious .

I went to try to pick up the quest to open it but Sylvanas are no longer in level 60 Org to pick it up .

Edit: Took boat from Darkspear Isle where I found Nathanos who sent me back to Org to start the opening quest for BfA zones.

I’m in the same boat sadly. Did very little BFA content didn’t even do the 3 main zone quests on the table, so I don’t have access to the ships board to start a foothold. Cannot Blizz was this stupid to not see this coming and give us no other way to get to Drustvar. This is so unacceptable at this point given how many xpacs and content updates they have done.

4 Likes

i’m having the exacly same problem, i only played a bit on legion, did not play in bfa at all, and started for real this time on Shadowlands, so i have nothing done from bfa, this is kinda frustating tbh, and as a newer player i had to do quite a bit of researching about it, tried to do some bfa quests in hope of unlocking the boat to go there but i think i’ll just wait and see if they fix this, makes no sense at all to be soft locked like this, i have no idea how they didn’t see this coming.

2 Likes

Imagine if I could just pvp instead of having to go visit Ulfar in his den.

1 Like

I hope this bug gets fixed soon… I can’t proceed with my campaign.

So have it figured out!
You must complete " The StormWind Extracion ". Its The first BFA quest so you must complete it. After you Finish that quest and once youre back in Zandalar take Princess Talanji back up the the pyramid and do 3-4 simple quests and youll unlock the table!

I Hope this helps everyone!:slight_smile:

Helpful, but still BS

i was active on horde and alliance in bfa still can’t pick a foothold on my new toon in shadowlands, can’t call in the horde, can’t do anything involving the war campaign no clue what to do

3 Likes

I never played BFA and I can’t even find the starting quest. I did a call for allies & a choice of allies and then the chain just stopped with no more quests.

???

As Horde I can’t figure out what to do so I’m stuck until Blizzard replies. I have a ticket in now.

So for those that werent able to figure it out:

1. Go talk to Nathanos at the port in Zuldazar
  2. He sends you back to Sylvanas to the the Stormwind Extraction scenario
  3. After completing the scenario do the follow up quests until it asks you to choose a zone to level in Zandalar
  4. Go back to the boat and talk to Nathanos, he should have a quest to start the war campaign in Kul Tiras, choose Drustvar and talk to a couple people on boat, and you should be able to talk to the admiral and sail there
4 Likes

Nathanos is not at the port for me. Zuldazar is a ghost town.