Can't do "Ulfar's Guidance" Night Fae quest without having done BfA unlock quests

You went all the way down the dock where the banshee would be if you had done the quests? He was just standing on the dock with no boat, and had a low level quest I couldnt see on map, but could get when talking to him.

The NPC for me is still in the animation of casting the portal, in the night Fae zone, but the portal isn’t actually visible. This happened because I went to Drustvar, queued for a battleground, and the mob i was supposed to kill never spawned. Once I abandoned , i can not get back to Drustvar again via the portal. Now I have no idea how to even get there.

3 Likes

You were right! I found him but I had to click him to get a quest. Hopefully this leads the the fix. Thanks much.

I’m alliance and I am also stuck since I have no portal to BFA content or Quests to get one

I never played BFA and I am stuck since I cannot get to BFA portal or even the quest line to open it

If they’re going to put absolutely awful quests like this in the game, there needs to be a PERMANENT portal to get back to the zone. Went out to meet the guy, paused mid-quest to run some M+ with friends, and now I have absolutely no way of getting back without doing god knows how much of the BFA starter campaign. Disgusting.

3 Likes

I used the portal that pops up beside Ysera and partway through the following quest given by the drust bear thing I was on my way to the location and I got stuck in some world geometry with no way of getting myself killed. I did the unstuck and was sent to durotar, went back to ardenweald and the portal was gone. Dazaralor is completely empty and Nathanos doesn’t offer any quests and the campaign table is unusable. I went to the grunt beside the warchief’s board and he doesn’t offer the quest to extract the princess (I’m actually certain I did that quest when I made the character but then decided to go do legion). I have no way now except taking the stormwind boat and somehow making it through tons of elite gaurds in Boralus. Is anyone else in this strange position?

Make sure you choose a zone! Then it works perfectly. Thank you.

There was a portal next to the quest giver for me, but when I get there, the Behemoth you have to kill is bugged.

They added a portal that is behind the quest giver. But beware… it sends you off on another quest, to another cave and i had a very hard time finding my way back…TERRIBLE quest design not having BFA flying.

When you accept the quest from Ysera, you go outside in the direction of the command table. Take a left when you go outside and there’s a portal to Drustvar there. Don’t be stupid and waste time in Zandalar, I never did any BFA.

9 Likes

I am also stuck… spent many hours trying to figure this out. I AM ANNOYED.

I think I sent in a ticket. There was a portal but now it is gone. So dumb.

DIdn’t help. You have not provided new info.

One note for all of you to consider, if you’re killing the Drust Behemoth in this quest line, DO NOT VANISH WHILE FIGHTING IT! IT WILL EVADE SPAM YOU AND NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE! You’ll have to abandon the quest, run back, pick it up, and run to the behemoth again, wasting probably about 15-20 minutes.

1 Like

Ah yes, to continue your mission in Ardenweald, it only makes sense that you’d have to go back in time and help the people who become your enemies, including a dead guy. Totally not jarring, totally makes perfect sense /s

The portal is by the mission table. There are 2 ysera’s if you abandoned the quest, the one inside the tree gives it to you. You need to go to the ysera OUTSIDE the tree. I spent a large amount of time doing this.

1 Like

My priest grew up as Alliance and changed to Horde just before SL. Nathanos won’t talk to me. I can’t get the zone quests, but that’s all.

Just letting you know that I LOVE YOU!!! :heart: :heart:

1 Like

This post should be pinned to the top.

Does the portal only pop up after you finish the questline in Zandalar?

After I finished the questline, I was stuck in Drustvar because I had no flying mount. This poral was a lifesaver.

thank god… they could have marked the portal on the map before I started to play BfA again… however… I tried to hearth back to ardenweald to use the portal and again and its gone… horrible design