Can we just change the Void elf allied race to high elves offically?

Let’s face facts here, come Shadowlands 90% of “Void elves” are going to be rocking high elven eyes, skin tones, and hair. Just bite the bullet and officially give us what we really wanted since the beginning and rename the race High Elves. Give them paladins, and change the visuals of all the racial abilities to be arcane focused instead of void. It’s that easy.

Now don’t completely erase the void elves, they have their place. Just make THEM be the sub-race options. Then make the old racials visuals be a glyph.

If you don’t do this then you’re going to have a situation where 90% of the race is playing the “sub-race”. Kinda like how the savage horde is actually 90% blood elves.

70 Likes

Me orc­­­­

24 Likes

That’s a hard no.

76 Likes

No because void elves already implement in, you’re just getting the cosmetic bonus because they say so

At the end of the day you’re still a void elf

Stop asking for more you already got what you want

64 Likes

No you may not.

21 Likes

Can’t agree with this more.

17 Likes

That is in no way what we wanted. We wanted a High elf allied race, what we got was purple blood elves.

Time for blizzard to admit their mistakes and fix it.

20 Likes

Want full on high elves? reroll horde bud

62 Likes

And you were told no.

And as a compromise you not only got void elves as a race, which is basically a blood elf clone. But you are also getting high elf skin tones.

There was no mistake and there is nothing to fix.

46 Likes

The hair colors and styles aren’t transferring over. Void elves still have the voidy hair and all that. This route is a middle ground compromise to make it easier to RP a high elf without making a separate race. The heart if it is Blizz doesn’t want to make blood elves completely neutral.

So you’ll never get an allied race for high elves. The void elf skins is the final answer and the book of high elves forever locked away. Everything is fine. :smile:

19 Likes

I don’t have a horse in this race OTHER than that I think void elves are an abomination of lore and this is blizz recanting their need to make blood elves exclusive for dumb reasons.

It would have been MUCH cooler to just give the Helfers the race they wanted and to have done Velf skins as an exclusive like night warrior some time down the line.

So stupid we literally had high elves in the war campaign and we had to borrow blood elves to get the model through this dumb trumped up lore. What a horrible mistake.

22 Likes

I dont want to hear anything rejecting alliance high elves after Vulpera went horde.

“Alliance burned our tents so lets pledge ourselves to the horde war effort.” - entire vulpera race

14 Likes

^^
This. Listen, I’m sorry you didn’t get what you want, a high elf separate race. But this is as close as you’ll get. The sooner you accept that, the better.

^ Yeah agreed but for different reasons. I literally just don’t care. Alliance getting high elves doesn’t affect me whatsoever. I simply, don’t care. I’ll let other people debate high elves, but I’ll say I’m pro, just because it doesn’t affect me at all and it’s clear a lot of people want them. Plus, it also makes lore sense, although, I’m in no position to argue lore reasons for high elves, I’m not knowledgeable enough on them. Trolls are where my knowledge is, not elves. I’ll let other people argue for high elves.

Also it helps with the WC2 fantasy which I’m quite a fan of.

2 Likes
36 Likes

Except in this story the mouse asked for a cookie, and was given a cracker. He didn’t ask for a cracker. Then the boy says ‘Ok I’ll put some chocolate chips on the cookie. Now you can pretend that it’s a cookie.’

The mouse asked for a cookie gosh darn it just give him what he actually asked for.

12 Likes

No no. To make it accurate the Mouse would say “See that person’s cookie over there? I want their cookie. I don’t want a new cookie. But their cookie specifically”.

But the story still applies, as this was something specifically asked for. Players specifically asked for high elven skin tones for void elves. Now that they got them, they are asking for more, and more.

30 Likes

As somebody who likes Void Elves, I’d rather not have it gutted just so people can have their standard issue fantasy elves.

and if you’re going to tell me being the sub-race is good enough for me, it should be good enough for you.

25 Likes

Exactly this.

13 Likes

If it looks like a high elf, smells like a high elf…

You already admitted yourself that so many people will be rocking the High Elf look. You got what you wanted. So, what? When someone mouses over you it says “Void Elf”? Who cares? It’s an arbitrary title, slapped onto a pop up box.

RP as a high elf, dress as a high elf, play as a high elf.

When these new visual options drop, no one will care anymore. They’ll just be happy to be alliance running around with silver/blonde hair and blue eyes.

6 Likes

No

/10 chars

11 Likes