Why High Elves Didn't Work - A Restrospective

And I did not say otherwise, though I doubt very much that there’s any number of significance that ascribes to all of those bullet points.

But I’d also like to note there are pro-helfer posts AGAINST such things too. I should know. I’ve been making them.

Perhaps, but there are many that ascribe to at least some of those bullet points.

1 Like

Either works for me, but this ain’t no open triangle. don’t want to have to work anyone else into the schedule.

1 Like

Here are three threads demanding Silvermoon. You can’t tell me this isn’t on the agenda.

2 Likes

Still not apart of the original request… plus the first one was from a void elf whom wanted to poison the sunwell with void.

1 Like

I cannot argue with that assessment. I can only voice my opposition to those outliers when I see them. Like how I spoke out against the Can we just change the Void elf allied race to high elves offically? topic.

If I see someone asking for Void Elves to be arbitrarily renamed, I will stand against that.

If I see someone asking for Void Elf Paladins, I’m going to point out to them that without new lore and/or some significant mental gymnastics on the part of the devs, it’s highly unlikely to happen.

If I see a topic asking for Blood Elves to be made neutral I’m going to point out that barring the removal of the faction divide, this will likely never happen.

If I see a topic asking for the Alliance to get Quel’thalas I laugh out loud at the ridiculousness of the request and the delusions it must require to think Blizzard would ever even entertain such a request, and I remind those people that it’s a request that will never happen and making such posts is a complete waste of time or an attempt to troll.

And if there are calls to “delete Blood Elves”, those are made by people on both sides who just want to get rid of all elves and who cares about those people?

1 Like

It’s 100% entitlement, same as If I wanted to have kul tirans or worgen but didn’t want to be alliance.

I really haven’t heard any legitimate arguements in favor of having them added to the alliance beyond the fact that a particularly vocal minority wants them.

Actually, they did leave there homeland. That occured during the events of WC3:TFT with the caveat being that they went back to reclaim that which was theirs. By comparison, the silver covenent decided they’d rather just continue to hang around the alliance.

And in the process, they’ve lost much of what made them in any measurable way unique, distinct or original; they’re basically just weebs at this point living in Akihabara.

Thus I’m a proponent of the alliance getting just about any other race; Flippin Grummels would bring more to the table then the high elves would.

3 Likes

Except we’ve had NPC High Elves on the Alliance since Vanilla and they’ve played a role in multiple expansions over the years so it’s entirely reasonable for Alliance players to request them being playable. On the other hand the only thing even remotely close to that on horde side are the pirates who aid the Horde in Kul Tiras. Perhaps if they continue to appear in future expansions and assist the Horde you’ll be in a reasonable position to request them as playable on the Horde.

Actually, they did leave there homeland. That occured during the events of WC3:TFT with the caveat being that they went back to reclaim that which was theirs. By comparison, the silver covenent decided they’d rather just continue to hang around the alliance.

And thus did the Alliance High Elves take their own path along a different route from the Blood Elves.

And in the process, they’ve lost much of what made them in any measurable way unique, distinct or original; they’re basically just weebs at this point living in Akihabara.

Well that’s just like your opinion man.

Thus I’m a proponent of the alliance getting just about any other race; Flippin Grummels would bring more to the table then the high elves would.

Well I won’t stop you from asking for whatever races you want. I got my High Elves so you do you.

2 Likes

Considering the only people I recognize from these threads that support high elves are speaking against it, I don’t know if it’s the high elf agenda.

1 Like

I’ve received quests from abominations, kul-tirans, Worgen, Night elves, Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Mechagnomes and Draenei so clearly they should be horde races.

Where they’ve done basically nothing that sets them apart from anybody else beyond being high elves.

It’s an oppinion rooted in the fact that the only thing that I’ve been able to determine sets them apart from the blood elves aside from factional preference is that they’re like, Really into human culture.

It’s literally the only thing anyone has ever been able to tell me that’s distinct for them and I’ve been asking this question for over a year.

Except you haven’t, you have void elves. You can lie to yourself to your hearts content and delude yourself into thinking that your actually a Queldorei, but you’ll still be a Velf same as I’ll be a child of Voldun.

2 Likes

In the case of Lightforged Draenei and Mechagnomes you have a valid claim. The Horde aided both groups as much as the Alliance. But much like the Nightborne going Horde, the Devs decided those would go Alliance.

Where they’ve done basically nothing that sets them apart from anybody else beyond being high elves.

So what you’re saying is that Alliance High Elves have as much reason to be playable as any other race.

It’s an oppinion rooted in the fact that the only thing that I’ve been able to determine sets them apart from the blood elves aside from factional preference is that they’re like, Really into human culture.

And that’s enough reason to make them playable.

Except you haven’t, you have void elves. You can lie to yourself to your hearts content and delude yourself into thinking that your actually a Queldorei, but you’ll still be a Velf same as I’ll be a child of Voldun.

I’m sorry I can’t hear you over my Alliance High Elf parade! :partying_face: :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Yes but I want them so clearly I deserve to have them.

No. I’m saying that short of Troggs there isn’t a race that would add less to the alliance.

You might as well follow this to the logical conclusion and play the perfect ideal of the high elves: a human.

You should probably talk to your doctor about how the med’s are causing visual and audible halucinations.

3 Likes

Well if a group of either/both start helping the Horde over the next 13 years, maybe Blizzard will give them to you!

No. I’m saying that short of Troggs there isn’t a race that would add less to the alliance.

Well that’s just like your opinion man.

You might as well follow this to the logical conclusion and play the perfect ideal of the high elves: a human.

I don’t want to play a Human, I want to play an Alliance High Elf… and now I can!

You should probably talk to your doctor about how the med’s are causing visual and audible halucinations.

My doctor is here at the Alliance High Elf Parade! She says you should take a chill pill and call her in the morning. :partying_face: :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I think it would be cool to have the Nelves and Helves create a city/fort in Ashenvale or something… lol forget Quel’thalas when Kaldorei lands are much more interesting :face_with_monocle: imo :smirk:

1 Like

Aren’t they still mad at each other though?

1 Like

I would gladly grow a new fire proof tree for us and the high elves.

1 Like

I’m not mad at them, unless they steal my Sylvanas kill.

1 Like

I didn’t think Nigh Elves cared for High Elves.

I’m still holding out hope that the remaining Alliance high elves just get rolled up into Blood Elves and Void Elves. That way everyone gets to enjoy the continuity of their story. Except the Silver Covenant, they need to go to SL the short way.

Good. The we Belf fans can finally rest assured you Helfers won´t continue demanding the stuff that´s actually important (Territory, legacy, characters, racials) and that has been property of the Belf narrative for the last decade.

Sure dear, come back to say this when Alliance randos demand your fav race to be obliterated in the name of a relic of a game A.K.A. WC2

The problem was NEVER the model. The problem is what follows the model (the territory, the lore, the chance to kick Hordies (in this case, Belves) in the proverbial nuts for “daring” to play the game just like the devs deemed it (I mean, it was the devs and the writers the ones that decided to make the elves roll Horde; and regardless of how much salt some players in both factions feel about this, fact is, they implemented the race quite well. It´s popularity says it all), the characters…

As long as the Helfers DO understand they can get their playable Helves WITHOUT GETTING TOO Silvermoon et al, I see no issue.

Do yourself a favor and don´t fall for Blizzard´s old flavor of tribalism, casue the only reason devs made those characters manifest so, was to give more content for their “muh faction Wur!!” failed BfA expac.

Helves/Velves canonwise “caring SO much over Quel´thalas!!” only AFTER the kingdom was fixed by the hard work of the Belves and their allies shows anything BUT actual genuine care. It onlyt makes them look like oportunistic a-holes hiding behind their human overlords an expecting those to pull the weight for them as usual.

If anything is fact in this game is that when confronted between choosing their nation and choosing Human Potential, the living Windrunners and their subjects will every time chose the Human Potential -and mind you, this is NO sin. It simply brings a very simple conclussion to the table: Helves/Velves actually DO desire to make a future and prosper by proxy of their interaction with the Humans and the Alliance, no sham eon that- (reason why out of all the facepalming lore exposed in the “Three Sisters” comics, Sylvanas chastising Veeresa was the only decent thing and an actual slap to reality).

And you underestimate their literal disgust and laziness in regards to even touching the Outland Map. The reason devs WON´T blown up Silvermoon is easy: this implies they would have to work A LOT in updating the zone and making it available in the Azeroth map. And they kinda have said NO to that like 3 times already.

The most you peole can expect is a reference in a book while Hordies still lol at everybody and use perma stuck in TBC Silvermoon for the rest of WoW´s lifetime.

OMG!!! After years of saying the opposite, you finally saw the light.

I´m gonna take a picture for the next time you try to troll in SF…

Sepuku… the word is sepuku.

3 Likes

Actually mine wasn’t a demand, more a thought. which was stupid, fantastically stupid, so stupid that’s it’s amazing I even know how to breathe let alone type out words kind of stupid.