"Botters won't use the 58 boost"

Listen, you’re arguing with people who are insisting the Earth is flat while they look down at it from aboard the ISS. Some people will just never change their minds.

2 Likes

I edited the comment, no it wasn’t a joke. I KNEW Blizz would take the time to scour accounts and ban suspected botters before releasing the 58 boost.

At this point I think they are actually in business with the big gold farm names out there. It makes zero financial sense not to be from a scumbag corp like activision perspective.

Why not allow gold farmers to inflate your subscription numbers and take a cut of their gold selling profits?

I would do that If I were them, because the people who pay to play this game would DEFEND IT on my behalf.

“Blizz has to allow the botters to pay the dev costs!”

The community here is comical

1 Like

The only thing that annoys me more is people met with evidence and nitpicking or backpedaling with excuses that can be easily debunked if you spend 30 seconds actually thinking.

I think a lot of people are trying to argue not over the points, but to defend the 58 boost. I don’t like the 58 boost, but it doesn’t matter where my personal feelings about blizzard products come into play. People said botters wouldn’t use the boost, there is evidence otherwise.

FWIW I’m gaining a friend to play with me in Outland who never made it past lvl 20 because of the boost. But stating facts about how “botters won’t benefit” is, given the evidence, incorrect.

Answer this simple question

Why would botters buy boosts if they already have millions of gold waiting to be sold.

They don’t need to buy boosts because they outpaced demand without even using the boost before. Them using a boost helps them increase their supply faster, which is already in the millions waiting to be sold.

So why would they buy the boost when it won’t increase profit due to supply and demand?

That is an interesting question. The true answer is, I don’t know. Looking on gold selling sites they have listings where the amount available is 6million, 7million gold for multiple sellers.

I can only speculate because I’m not a botter, and i don’t imagine they’d be keen for an interview about their practices.
It’s possible the quantities listed are fake, like if you tried to place an order for 1 million gold, they would cancel it or whatnot. It’s also possible that while they farm that much gold, the accounts holding the gold are routinely banned thus they need to play catchup to maintain inventory.

1 Like

But the earth is demonstrably flat.

Water doesn’t bend, it’s called sea level.

Airplane gyroscopes to maintain altitude doesn’t work on a globe.

Submarine gyroscopes wont work on a globe for navigation

Radar, Lighthouses, long range lasers will not work on a globe.

Our Earth’s atmosphere is sticking to a spinning ball… next to the infinite vacuum of space? But if I break a window in a 747 at 40k feet I’m sucked out…

The north star and every constellation in the sky makes a predictable rotation every night for as long as we have had written history… monuments form thousands of years ago still line up perfectly with the stars, even though “science” says we are rotating 1000mph, orbiting 66,000mph, around a sun which itself is traveling 600,000 mph through the galaxy…

Yet the stars in the sky are always the same.

We supposedly landed on mars as the greatest achievement America has ever done… 2 weeks later, 3rd world country China lands its rover also.

NASA admits we can’t get people above low earth orbit, we erased the VHS tapes that told us how we did it in 1969 when we sent a homeless tweaker shelter to the moon.

And on, and on.

Can you blame people for believing Blizzard? Can You?

No it’s not. It’s incredibly lucrative.

Supply outpaced demand without boosts by a good amount, so why would they buy boosts?

Forget using logic. Folks need to be able to say they were right even without evidence to support them.

They are sore that the boost made into the game and all their whining and complaining did them little good.

Thought it was a nice time at 4 AM (EU time) to farm some thorium/arcane crystals in burning steppes, but yeah competing against 3 random level 60 boosted druids clearly said enough

Tell me, what specifically told you they boosted?

Your argument would apply to any sort of botting activity to farm gold. The specific emphasis on the boost makes no sense. If supply outpaces demand why farm gold at all?

2 Likes

Because you want to have the supply when demand is there. Which if you don’t restock your supply, you will eventually out. Because they have so much supply they don’t need to rush to restock, that doesn’t mean they want to stop building their supply though because of possible setbacks like banned bot accounts. But they still outpace the demand with these setbacks, so why would they use the boosts?

I’m a stupid truck driver so idk.

All I know is if I go on the most famous gold selling site my server has about a billion gold for sale.

Now maybe the numbers listed for the amounts of gold for each individual seller is a lie or maybe it’s not, none of us can prove otherwise. I would assume to actually sell the gold you would need to prove what you have available tho.

If those numbers are correct logically speaking, which no one can dispute, it just isn’t worth them buying the boost as their stock clearly out paces the demand.

What I can say for certain is blizzard had a system put in place in actual TBC to bring in new players and they put a system in place for new players with TBCC.

I have seen a lot of boosted 58s playing the game, so both sides can chose to ignore the other side of it, the fact is the boost did bring in new players.

The amount of mental gymnastics people are going through to convince themselves this isn’t a problem is something special.

3 Likes

Noone has denied botting is a problem.

It’s certainly amusing. Tells you a lot about human nature.

1. Level botting software isn’t free, it’s a monthly cost 15-30$ a month to operate as they use special software (forgive me for not stating what it is, as to not teach/advertise people about it) to bypass WoW api and allow level bot software to work.

2. Botters often get banned while levelling which is wasted time and money, even the cheap southern american sub costs can add up quickly. With the 58 boost even if they are banned they are constantly generating profit beyond a ROI on the cost of the boost.

3. It takes multiple and often several days for botters to level 1-60. Level botting software often is SLOWER than regular levelling because they don’t bother with programming every single quest objective, and instead just grind mob kills in a level range.

I went more in depth in a thread I made a while ago, if you’re interested here ya go Yes, botters will use the 58 boost (yes, this is a shameless plug)

1 Like

So uh….we are all just going to ignore this crazy az post here? Anyone? Ok….

They literally had the boosting gear on?

Each of these 3 were taking different areas on the map to patrol just to get the spawn almost instantly, so no normal player will have a chance to actually get any nodes in this zone.

I’ve also talked to them, no response. Funnily after that I got messaged by “Bllzzard” to tell me to visit a weirdo page so yeah it was clear that they’re bots.

Not only that I checked the AH afterwards, before I went to burning steppes. The price of an arcane crystal was around 18-20g. I check again surprise I see the names of these bot druids offering arcane crystals for 14g each. Not only are they ruining gameplay experience but also economy.

And this is during 4 AM night time btw, I’ve farmed there since prepatch started and during this time especially during the week and even at weekends I am always solo in this zone.

1 Like