"Botters won't use the 58 boost"

I’ve long since learned that giving these sort of posts attention just encourages them to make more

So like me and so many other people have been saying for months, the issue is botting not boost…

Prolly not the results you were hoping for,…

What is your point? The boost is in game and isn’t going anywhere. You can quit if you don’t like it. That’s always an option ya know.

LOL yep, tis a good option.

Bots usually take over a month to get banned on average from my experience.

They can get from 1 to 60 in 1-2 weeks with the reduced exp that’s still 2 weeks of gold making before the ban.

Part of why bots last so long is the lack of levelers to see and report them, which will temporarily be better with shaman and paladin leveling but still …

Bots are a problem, boosts did not create the bot problem nor does it make more bots. It’s not profitable for bots to use the boosts.

1 Like

It’s better to ignore crazy on the internet than to feed it.
disagreeing with someone and arguing with then is fine. But ignored and avoid the crazy, lol.

My point is people said that “botters won’t use the 58 boost”. 58 boost came out, botters will use it. That’s it really. My opinions about the 58 boost aren’t relevant to the purposes of evidence if botters will or will not use it.

I’m banking on it being highly variable on the day.

Horde BRD last night was full of 58 rogues, today is all full of normal players

ZF on horde side (i’m on blaumeux) now:
http://prntscr.com/13dlwvp

ZF on ally side:
http://prntscr.com/13dlxqw

I imagine it’s the same on other servers. It’s a common misconceptions bots work 24/7. They actually don’t because that’s a really easy way to get banned. Lots of talk on botting forums to never leave it running for longer than 8 hours, some say 4 hours, 3 hrs, etc etc

You’re welcome to make a lvl 1 on horde blaumeux to check the /who Zul’farrak

Im on whitemane the highest pop server i think too.

I mean ppl will obv buy it…

Its just not the amount of botters that were being preached.

I think right now the 58 boost is extremely advantageous because it avoids reports from actual players levelling during prepatch.

We’ll have to see come Outland whether or not Level bots make a return in the barren old world zones. I don’t remember there being any bots in Phase 1, Phase 2. I could be wrong but it really started to heat up post Phase 3 when most people were max level.

I saw plenty of leveling bots early in classic… maybe you just didn’t see them?

I also started really playing classic about a month before phase 2 due to RL. So I was behind the initial wave, and I saw A LOT of leveling bots.

Yikes, people get so angry over the reality of mathematics. I’m neither defending botting nor defending boosts, just stating facts.

That’s all it takes. Within two months of sub time, 3 non-boosted bots will surpass 1 boosted bot for roughly the same cost because a low principle with a high multiplier is more lucrative than a high principle with no multiplier. Blizzard would need to ban approximately 66% of bots before they reach the end of their 2nd month sub to disrupt this.

Whether the subs/boosts are purchased with stolen details or not is irrelevant. How much money the bot can make with a boosted toon in one month is also irrelevant. It is nonetheless more economically rational to purchase 60x new subs instead of 20x boosts.

tldr: Botting is a problem because botting is a problem, and boosted bots may be lucrative but they are still less lucrative than multiple non-boosted bots.

im sure botters use the boost. but so did about 15 of my old guildies i havent played with in years. ill take that trade.

Important thing to remember here is that even if Activision doubled the price, it wouldn’t stop them…this cost would just be passed to the consumer…the price of gold would rise, and of course people are unabashedly buying gold anyway.

Hell they might even benefit by virtue of the higher cost making a slightly increased cut seem relatively small.

2 Likes

Anti boosters only see the negative side of things.

To them there is nothing positive.

All 58s to them are bots.

Botters only have to recoup 1-3k gold to pay for a 60 boost. They can do this within days while the nonboosted is still levelling to 60 normally. That’s pretty much the tl;dr on how boosts are superior. Boosts are superior for the same reason for botters and real players. Keyword: time efficacy.

Botters are using 58 boosts right now. I don’t think they are in the habit of wasting money for no reason, nor do imagine they didn’t put thought into deciding whether to pay for level bot software (15-40$ a month + the cost of the software itself) or buying a 58 boost.

Finally some truth!

I seriously dont care about fake economics. I’ll gladly buy gold when Wow brings tokens.

Not sure if you’re trolling, i’ll paste this here in case you forgot

PS: Here’s some people from the list I showed you earlier not responding to whispers http://prntscr.com/13dfbx0

1 Like

Now go look at other posts about people’s friends and old guildies coming back because of the boost.

I’m sorry that positive stuff can be used negatively, but that’s on Blizzard to ban bots.

Hey, I said earlier in the post about my positive experiences with the boost!

My specific problem is debunking the myth that bots will not use boosts. My personal feelings about the boost being bad or good for the game are not really relevant

PS: If you’re online already, check whitemane /who zul’farrak!

1 Like