"Botters won't use the 58 boost"

Because you want to have the supply when demand is there. Which if you don’t restock your supply, you will eventually out. Because they have so much supply they don’t need to rush to restock, that doesn’t mean they want to stop building their supply though because of possible setbacks like banned bot accounts. But they still outpace the demand with these setbacks, so why would they use the boosts?

I’m a stupid truck driver so idk.

All I know is if I go on the most famous gold selling site my server has about a billion gold for sale.

Now maybe the numbers listed for the amounts of gold for each individual seller is a lie or maybe it’s not, none of us can prove otherwise. I would assume to actually sell the gold you would need to prove what you have available tho.

If those numbers are correct logically speaking, which no one can dispute, it just isn’t worth them buying the boost as their stock clearly out paces the demand.

What I can say for certain is blizzard had a system put in place in actual TBC to bring in new players and they put a system in place for new players with TBCC.

I have seen a lot of boosted 58s playing the game, so both sides can chose to ignore the other side of it, the fact is the boost did bring in new players.

The amount of mental gymnastics people are going through to convince themselves this isn’t a problem is something special.

3 Likes

Noone has denied botting is a problem.

It’s certainly amusing. Tells you a lot about human nature.

1. Level botting software isn’t free, it’s a monthly cost 15-30$ a month to operate as they use special software (forgive me for not stating what it is, as to not teach/advertise people about it) to bypass WoW api and allow level bot software to work.

2. Botters often get banned while levelling which is wasted time and money, even the cheap southern american sub costs can add up quickly. With the 58 boost even if they are banned they are constantly generating profit beyond a ROI on the cost of the boost.

3. It takes multiple and often several days for botters to level 1-60. Level botting software often is SLOWER than regular levelling because they don’t bother with programming every single quest objective, and instead just grind mob kills in a level range.

I went more in depth in a thread I made a while ago, if you’re interested here ya go Yes, botters will use the 58 boost (yes, this is a shameless plug)

1 Like

So uh….we are all just going to ignore this crazy az post here? Anyone? Ok….

They literally had the boosting gear on?

Each of these 3 were taking different areas on the map to patrol just to get the spawn almost instantly, so no normal player will have a chance to actually get any nodes in this zone.

I’ve also talked to them, no response. Funnily after that I got messaged by “Bllzzard” to tell me to visit a weirdo page so yeah it was clear that they’re bots.

Not only that I checked the AH afterwards, before I went to burning steppes. The price of an arcane crystal was around 18-20g. I check again surprise I see the names of these bot druids offering arcane crystals for 14g each. Not only are they ruining gameplay experience but also economy.

And this is during 4 AM night time btw, I’ve farmed there since prepatch started and during this time especially during the week and even at weekends I am always solo in this zone.

1 Like

I’ve long since learned that giving these sort of posts attention just encourages them to make more

So like me and so many other people have been saying for months, the issue is botting not boost…

Prolly not the results you were hoping for,…

What is your point? The boost is in game and isn’t going anywhere. You can quit if you don’t like it. That’s always an option ya know.

LOL yep, tis a good option.

Bots usually take over a month to get banned on average from my experience.

They can get from 1 to 60 in 1-2 weeks with the reduced exp that’s still 2 weeks of gold making before the ban.

Part of why bots last so long is the lack of levelers to see and report them, which will temporarily be better with shaman and paladin leveling but still …

Bots are a problem, boosts did not create the bot problem nor does it make more bots. It’s not profitable for bots to use the boosts.

1 Like

It’s better to ignore crazy on the internet than to feed it.
disagreeing with someone and arguing with then is fine. But ignored and avoid the crazy, lol.

My point is people said that “botters won’t use the 58 boost”. 58 boost came out, botters will use it. That’s it really. My opinions about the 58 boost aren’t relevant to the purposes of evidence if botters will or will not use it.

I’m banking on it being highly variable on the day.

Horde BRD last night was full of 58 rogues, today is all full of normal players

ZF on horde side (i’m on blaumeux) now:
http://prntscr.com/13dlwvp

ZF on ally side:
http://prntscr.com/13dlxqw

I imagine it’s the same on other servers. It’s a common misconceptions bots work 24/7. They actually don’t because that’s a really easy way to get banned. Lots of talk on botting forums to never leave it running for longer than 8 hours, some say 4 hours, 3 hrs, etc etc

You’re welcome to make a lvl 1 on horde blaumeux to check the /who Zul’farrak

Im on whitemane the highest pop server i think too.

I mean ppl will obv buy it…

Its just not the amount of botters that were being preached.

I think right now the 58 boost is extremely advantageous because it avoids reports from actual players levelling during prepatch.

We’ll have to see come Outland whether or not Level bots make a return in the barren old world zones. I don’t remember there being any bots in Phase 1, Phase 2. I could be wrong but it really started to heat up post Phase 3 when most people were max level.

I saw plenty of leveling bots early in classic… maybe you just didn’t see them?

I also started really playing classic about a month before phase 2 due to RL. So I was behind the initial wave, and I saw A LOT of leveling bots.

Yikes, people get so angry over the reality of mathematics. I’m neither defending botting nor defending boosts, just stating facts.

That’s all it takes. Within two months of sub time, 3 non-boosted bots will surpass 1 boosted bot for roughly the same cost because a low principle with a high multiplier is more lucrative than a high principle with no multiplier. Blizzard would need to ban approximately 66% of bots before they reach the end of their 2nd month sub to disrupt this.

Whether the subs/boosts are purchased with stolen details or not is irrelevant. How much money the bot can make with a boosted toon in one month is also irrelevant. It is nonetheless more economically rational to purchase 60x new subs instead of 20x boosts.

tldr: Botting is a problem because botting is a problem, and boosted bots may be lucrative but they are still less lucrative than multiple non-boosted bots.