Bookmark It: How Will the Specs Rank in TBC?

The bugs were:

Anything beyond about 210 spell power and the stacks wouldn’t progress in damage beyond 3 or 4 stacks…so stack 5 would be the same as stack 4 as an example :frowning:

PPM was bugged…and even with 20 PPM, when accounting for Expertise and Hit rating, it wasn’t approaching that value and would fall off at times.

SoV is 17% spellpower every 3s…from 1 stack or 5 stacks, doesn’t matter. Its the same SP coefficient as using JoR, untalented, at 1.62 delay.

JoV is 120 Judgement damage for each stack up, for 600 in total.

SoV is 20 PPM prior to avoidance.

In 2.2 it was given a DD component at 5 stacks to eliminate seal twisting with SoR.

In 2.3 that DD was boosted further to make seal twisting no longer needed.

Should be fun :slight_smile:

Honestly, with heroic presence and human weapn expertise I think ret will be fine on alliance, seal of blood needs to make up for the loss of hit% and gear to offset the lack of racial experitse, some of it is again offset by blood evles mana based racial synergies.

All the expected dps from players regardless of spec come tier 4 will probably. Float around 1.7k -2.4k, either way more than enough to down the content with ease.

A lot of the fury warriors appear to be re rolling warlock or hunter so many guild raids will be chokc full of shamans for their buffs, warlocks and hunters.

OP may be accurate based off pserver data, but add more average dps to the lower dps specs to normalize the range. Remember when classic came out, we discovered many bosses and mobs had super low armor and essentially no resistances, making elemental shamans perform far higher than anticipated.

Ignore typos, cell phone and thinking out loud type response.

Min maxers need to stop worrying about seal of blood.

2 Likes

In Tier 4 I agree, especially if your a Human Hammersmith.

The one caveat being mana management without lots of AE mana is an issue and you need to hunt for runes to maintain your rotation…ie Scholo.

You will have at the least untalented Spring and JoW giving you about 1700 mana per minute…but without SoB for extra JoW procs and without the 500 mana per minute that SoB/JoB gives you from self damage…runes are required!

Hence my comment earlier about common sense! If your running OOM then you need to hunt for more mana…

Its like Enh Shaman using axes because they may be Orc over dual Dragonmaws in Tier 4. Haste interacting with other Haste is too powerful to ignore.

Yeah, I think the big X factor is what all the current fury warriors are going to do. My guess they’ll go lock and to a lesser extent hunter. But if enough of them stay fury warriors, maybe classic TBC will see the rise of early game fury as a forced meme.

Alot of those guys have sunk alot of time and gold into their warriors, a lot of them never played original TBC, and alot of them love that zug lifestyle. They may not want to change. Same thing with engineering. Traditionally, engineering lost much of it’s appeal. But maybe we’ll all be expected to craft and use super sappers. This is the age of RMT and GDKP’s after all.

1 Like

those gaps are way too high. destro scaling is only 9% higher than fire, you have it at 50%. Still thinking in classic terms.

And fire already hits 1500-1700 DPS on patchwerk in classic. Something tells me OP is rerolling warlock and been dreaming too much.

This list isn’t for Classic. It’s for TBC. It says that explicitly in the title.

Because Ignite is shared and can be rolled by multiple Mages well beyond the duration of PI falling off. It gets changed in TBC to be significantly weaker.

Holy Priest, actually. Just using some basic math to calculate the DPS of each class.

If you think the list is wrong, feel free to give your own and we’ll compare when TBC comes out. That’s the point of this thread, after all.

The highest DPS mage on patchwerk only gained 10% extra split-log damage from classic ignite mechanics. That puts him at 1550 DPS. I guess if you believe 700+ more sp, new ranks of fireball, bloodlust, icy veins, drums, molten fury, empowered fireball, and PWF only amount to 150 DPS, then you might want to check your math.

Maybe.

Do you have your own list? I’d love to see how things stack up once TBC is out.

https://legacyplayers.com/Raids/Ranking/Default.aspx

PS SSC rankings:

Top warlock = 2300 dps… 30th = 1845
Top mage = 2200 dps… 30th = 1780
Top hunter = 2145 dps… 30th = 1700
Top rogue = 1715 dps … 30th = 1136
Top paladin = 1760 * … 30th = 964 … * seems to be a fluke as the #3 paladin was at 1240
Top warrior = 1850 * … 30th = 1145… * seems to be a fluke as the #2 warrior was at 1440
Top druid = 1460… 30th = 1080
Top shaman = 1480… 30th = 1190
Top priest = 1315… 30th = 1129

Not only is that around what i expect, it’s almost exactly what i remember it being in TBC

What do you think T4 will look like, just so we can compare like for like?

Is your prediction including the meta of the drums?

Drums are only 80 Haste Rating. They don’t make much difference, honestly.

But for what it’s worth, yes, I accounted for drums on everything.

Only important for the parsing-PvP raid-meta clowns. Most “normal” players will also consider things like class utility, class versatility, fun-to-play factors, etc. in their decision on how the various specs rank for them.

You felt it absolutely necessary to come in here and pick a fight, huh?

If the subject doesn’t interest you, feel free to just move on and not post instead of trolling.

If you’re trying to dps in tbc and not playing lock or hunter then it doesn’t even matter what the ranks are. From Kara until KJ goes down, outside of a few particular fights that don’t fare well, it will always be those 2, you only bring other dps to buff/boost aka support the pumper locks and hunters. That is how the game will be played, the community will enforce that meta and there’s nothing your rakings will ever matter. Luckily I’m a healer, so I could care less, cheers !

I’m sure you feel that way, but the point of the thread is to rank the specs regardless of how important you think that is.

The ranks should go:

1. hunter
  2. Warlock

There we go.

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but there’s more specs than that.

But at the very least you’ll get 2 points. LOL

Well thank you for the disclaimer, but the other wrench being thrown in here is that paladin seal twisting is getting changed from a quirk of spell batching to being built right in. This is at least 150 DPS early and as much as 300 or more DPS late.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-version-1137-ptr-is-now-available/838945/169

Shadowpriests are a lot higher than that at the start of classic. The crafted shadow damage gear is as good as T5 for them meaning they actually do good damage.

However shadowpriests don’t scale with crit and only scale poorly with haste so as other classes get better through TBC, they hardly improve.

2 Likes