Blizzard, please fix instance farming tactics that screw the economy

Well their only words are from Blizzcon though, and they gave no indication either way really, just presented the 4 buckets with no word on if that meant everything all at once or spread out.

It all comes down to how involved they want to be with the content releases and how some content affects other content.

I think it’s pretty clear that everything within each bucket will be released all at 1 time, and I don’t have a huge problem with that. They also said that the timing between each bucket is “when the community is ready”

The only concern I have is…

Will bucket 1 be released the same day Classic WoW launches
or
Will bucket 1 be released X days/weeks/months after Classic WoW launches

I wonder if it’ll be the same release schedule for every server. Some may progress faster than others.

MC and Onyxia were available right when the game originally released weren’t they? Would be strange to delay them.

yah i don’t know that either scenario is clear, I;d chalk it up to more questions we have about how they will handle certain things.

Probably handle it the same way they do now and not worry about that, unless a server opened later than some others.

So you want MORE hunters and mages competing against world farming locations?
Are you a MORON?

GL being a warrior trying to open world farm having to compete against warriors and mages.

If anything containing mages and hunters to an instance is a good thing, they can only run 5 dungeons per hour, instance farming is not some insane gold making method, half the time your standing around the dungeon waiting for you instance lock to reset.

Op your just a jealous idiot who wants to nerf something your class can’t do, get over it and make a hunter alt at some point or something.

2 Likes

Correct.

So basically you’re scared of wPVP.

And China too?

It’s quite lucrative. If DME 2 manning is possible, you can earn around 800g per person in one day if you’re disciplined. I strongly suspect this method won’t be possible anyway, but we’ll see.

DMT hunter is probably the best solo gold making method there is aside from playing the auction house. There’s a reason it exploded in popularity as soon as the method was known publicly.

Already stated multiple times I’m rolling a mage who can do a large amount of things listed in the original post.

Do you think the majority of players care about there being an option for higher quality water? Do you think the majority of players would care if sharding was in the game for 1 minute? You’ve threatened to never, ever play Classic if it is.

I think the vast majority of those who desire a truer Classic experience and who have, for over a decade, been requesting that truer Classic experience care very much if sharding is used for even a minute.

I think the retail players and retail tourists who care only about their own convenience as they try to play a solo game in a multiplayer environment will not care about sharding. In fact, I think many of those retail players and retail tourists are expecting Blizzard to remove all of those obstacles (other players in an MMO) that are in their way.

The question is should Blizzard cater to those tourists that they do not even expect to continue playing or should they focus on winning back and retaining those players who have been requesting that truer Classic experience and will likely be playing for the long haul if Blizzard actually provides that truer Classic experience?

2 Likes

You best believe blizzard will cater to casuals and tourists, it’s the only demographic they’ve catered to for the last 10 years.

It is not, however, the demographic that Blizzard stands to win back with Classic, if they provide a truer Classic experience.

Which makes more sense:

Cater to those people who are already paying Blizzard and who Blizzard already admits will not likely be playing long term, and risk not winning back the very people who, for over a decade, have been requesting that truer Classic experience?

OR

Provide a truer Classic experience and win back those people who left long ago and who will likely be playing long term, even if that means the tourists will choose not to play Classic, while they continue to subscribe for BFA?

You could always take a few minutes and read what Blizz has said about Classic. You would then realize you are completely and utterly wrong.

Well, I should say you’re not wrong. But you’re wrong for the reasons you think. Vanilla as it was was the most casual friendly the game ever was.

1 Like

Honest question, you don’t think that all tourists will be from Current? Or are you just meaning the tourists from there for your example?

I think the majority of “tourists” will be from those currently playing retail. I believe those are the players that are most likely to have that instant (figure of speech, not literally “instant”) gratification, convenience oriented mindset and will not be able to accept Classic for what it is meant to be.

We’ve already seen numerous examples of retail players who would likely be unable to function in Classic if Blizzard actually provides the truer Classic experience that so many (hundreds of thousands, if those petitions are any indication) have been requesting for over a decade.

Some retail players see all of those other players in an MMO as nothing but obstacles ion their way as they try to play a solo game in a multiplayer environment. If “solo game in a multiplayer environment” doesn’t describe the vast majority of retail, I’m not sure what would.

Some retail players don’t want to be bothered walking for 40 levels.

Some want an LFG tool so they don’t have to bother trying to actually find a group. Some don’t even want to be bothered actually having to travel to the instance.

The list goes on and on.

So tourists to you just means those retail players who are not among those who are going to like Classic, i just don’t see too many of them even bothering, the vast majority of tourists and players are not going to come from Current, i just don’t see most of who love Current as being able to enjoy a lot of Classic, I have always thought the crossover would be much smaller than what some people think.

Tourists,imo, are going to come from all sources, just as they always have, some will fall in love, some won’t, Classic has more appeal than just to current players and the hundred of thousands that signed the petition or the unknown numbers of former pserver players.

Most of what you are basing on is from the very few retail players that post here, and some of those don’t even play current, they just have different wants.

To me, “tourist” does not just mean retail. To me, “tourist” means anyone who cannot appreciate Classic for what it is meant to be, and will not hang around long, even if they occasionally pop their heads into Classic once in a while.

You pretty much summed up my belief in that one sentence which I highlighted.

IMO, most of those who currently play retail will be unable to “separate” the two games and approach each game with the mindset that game deserves. I expect a large number of retail players to pop into Classic to try it out. I also expect to see a very large percentage of those retail players run scurrying back to retail and its QOL conveniences. These are the retail players I would call “tourists”.

This is one reason I hope that Blizzard releases Classic and a major BFA content patch at the same time. I believe that would drastically cut down on that initial rush so many people seem to fear.

I also think that those who left retail long ago may be unable to appreciate retail for what it IS and not what they want it to be. I expect that most of them are probably more likely to appreciate Classic for what it is meant to be, though, and will likely be playing for much longer period of time. Will this group include a percentage of “tourists” who will not stick around long term? Yes, but I’m going to guess that the number of “tourists” in this group will be much smaller than the number of “tourists” that retail brings to Classic.

There are those, though, that can appreciate each game for what it IS and what it is meant to be. I believe you are correct in your guess that the “crossover” will be much smaller than many think in the long run.

Agreed.

I would love to be wrong, but I can’t see how anyone can enjoy both Classic and Modern. There’s no way to not see that one is a twisted funhouse mirror version of the other, with the only difference of opinion being which is true and which is the distortion.

did not want to quote the whole thing, but i do not need to, I agree with you,lol for the most part, so here is to a New Year starting out good!

Have a good rest of your night sir :O)

I do, you never know honestly, I am not that unique :O)

I think it comes down to the individual’s ability (or inability) to accept each game for what it is, as well as personal preference.

Some people love manual transmission vehicles and hate driving anything with an automatic transmission. Others love the convenience of that automatic transmission and hate having to constantly worry about shifting. There are those that can be happy with either.

Retail is more like an automatic transmission. Get in, turn the key, put it in drive and sit back and drive.

Classic is more like a manual, or standard, transmission. Get in, turn the key, engage the clutch, select the proper gear, apply the gas while releasing the clutch, shift when necessary to ensure the car is in the proper gear, etc.

Both types of vehicle will get you from point A to point B, but the automatic transmission vehicle will do so with much less effort from the driver and less for the driver to worry about.