Blizzard, please fix instance farming tactics that screw the economy

Honestly, I don’t really have any opinion at all about that. I don’t WPvP very much. Closest I ever came to something like that was during WoD, some players got in to some building in the Horde town, like ticks on a dog, and eventually we dug them out. But it wasn’t cheap.

Well you’ve played long enough. Would you consider the tactic an exploit?

Probably, depending on the context, I don’t really know what “safe spaces” are. I assume they’re leveraging artifacts in the terrain to, perhaps, give a player one-way access (i.e. they can LOS an enemy, but the other player can’t LOS back). Not sure why another player can’t get up to the same spot and attack them, however.

This is different from the hunter video I saw where he was just using character and pet abilities, potions, and clever positioning (vs, say, wall walking or something like that). These are first class aspects and features of the game, vs some implementation side effect.

Jumping off a wall to force a mob to path different (i.e. go down the ramp, vs jump after him) I don’t consider an exploit.

Safe spotting by it’s nature only becomes an exploit if the guards attempting to attack the player go into an “evade” mode.

The guards were a mechanic put in place by Blizzard to protect the area they’re patrolling. If you are attacking players and the guard cannot reach you, and enters the evade state, you’re exploiting. If you are attacking players and a guard never detects you and thus does not exit “patrol/non-combat” mode, it is not an exploit.

If you ever see the words “evade” in World of Warcraft, then you have exited the fantasy of the game and have entered into programmed house keeping. The mechanic should only occur when you’ve performed an exploit, when the game has glitched, or when a scenario is resetting. The mechanic does not exist by way of intended strategy.

Note: I have no idea if any of this is covered in the ToS or officially supported by the ToS. I’m only describing what is technically an exploit in most/all video games in a broad sense.

You guys don’t understand. The current blizz team isn’t capable of ‘fixing’ anything without ruining it and causing untold amounts of collateral damage to boot. Look at their track record, every expac after wotlk. Absolutely woeful, a disaster all round.

The current blizz team isn’t qualified to make changes to classic. It’s completely out of their league.

3 Likes

rather they should just delay the release date on DM considering it’s not just the mats you can get from it, but other items you can get from it and just the items in general are quite strong.
The gear is better then BRD, Scholo, and all of strath while being a lower lvl requirement, and generally easier to do.
Also with all the people who are going to farm, holding it back tell 2-4 weeks after MC would honestly imo be better then when MC releases.

In the unlikely event that anyone is level 60 and seriously working on Molten Core gear two weeks after game releases…

…there will also be paladins and warlocks who want to do their epic mount quests. And shouldn’t be delayed in being able to because of extreme-raider weirdness.

The most hardcore guilds to play will be in MC at the end of week 2, maybe the very beginning of week 3. Assuming MC is released at launch of course.

MC wont be released right away, and their thinking of putting DM with MC/onyxia release. Honestly this just pushes back when hardcore raiders do MC by a few days for DM farm.
Head enchants are quite strong, and the gear from DM alone makes up for the day or two of delay.

Source please. Been looking for more information about this.

Y’might want to look at what they said again. MC, Onyxia, and Dire Maul are all being released right away; no “thinking of” involved.

clearly stats ‘current thinking’ on their slide >.> and no real update for classic besides bits and peaces.
(not allowing me to post links)

Don’t know what you mean by a slide, but if you can’t find a video of what they said at Blizzcon, check the stickied “everything we know about Classic” thread.

Dire Maul, Onyxia, Molten Core: Bucket 1, in at launch.

The post doesn’t say that it’s in at launch, it just says that it’s the first stage. Just because the game launches doesn’t mean we’re in stage 1.

1 Like

They both seem to be the same to me.
In both cases the mob’s pathing does not allow them to reach the player.
Who is safely out of reach.

If it wasn’t for that ramp and the mobs pathing this would not be soloable.

Here’s how you know it’s an exploit: It can’t be soloed without the ramp.
I’d love to see someone solo him without using the pathing exploit.
I don’t think it’s even possible!
Yes I will be rolling a hunter.

So you’re saying that you think the four content buckets don’t represent four patches, but rather a dozen or so, with the “buckets” only indicating “don’t release this before that”?

Thats what I think too, they don’t have to release everything in the ‘bucket’ at once, Dire Maul for example could still come out 3 months later than MC and Onyxia.

Course that could also be 100% wrong and they just do the lazy thing.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. What I’m saying is that there is no indication that bucket 1 will be active the day Classic launches. There is zero indication of this from the post, and zero indication of it from the Blizzcon panel.

Here’s what I’m hoping:

Game launches > X amount of time goes by > Bucket 1 launches > X amount of time goes by > Bucket 2 launches, etc

The section in italics is the only section that was not confirmed during Blizzcon. We already know the bucket/pause/bucket structure is going to exist, but we do not know if there will be a pause BEFORE the very first bucket launches.

1 Like

Ah, okay then. I think you’re wrong, but your perspective, unlike Studmuffyn’s, is one I can see how you’d get from their words to date.

Hopefully, they’ll clarify whether their release plan is “Bucket 1” or “Bucket 0 with no raids and no Dire Maul.”

Well I’m not making any declarations though. I’m only HOPING for a certain scenario.

I would prefer to know the truth, regardless of what I hope.

Basically they haven’t specified on the topic.