Blizzard, give us official rules and guidelines for AV

Going AFK.

1 Like

no one? :wink: might be a little bit of an extrapolation there.

1 Like

makes sense lol. I know they ended up having to break some stuff like follow in bg’s, because of bots, but what else?

Doing side-objectives, achievements and quests. Defending towers. Gathering resources. Back-capping.

Typical things worthy of 30-day bans.

3 Likes

Really lol? So, if I get up, and run to the bathroom to take a leak, I’m banned? Good ole Blizz. Making people keep empty mtn dew bottles on top of the computer desk just like the good ole days :rofl:

3 Likes

“You should’ve went to the bathroom while waiting 2 hours to queue, since you knew exactly what time the queue would pop and stuff”

I’m waiting for that argument…

1 Like

When you gotta go, you gotta go, regardless of 2 hr queues lol.

This is very true. I’ve never seen such a massive banwave where the backlash from the community has been so big and there were so many reports of unbanning.
Sure, when there had been banwaves there were always those 3-4 folks who went to CS forums and complained, but this? This is a completely different and really strange situation, combined with questionable statements from Blizzard.
I doubt there has been a proper investigation. Just an extremely shallow and thus tons of wrongful bans have been handed out.

There have already been so many cases where players had to appeal 2-3 times before Blizzard finally acknowledged that the ban has been wrong and then removed it. So I don’t know about that. Nobody says they’re morons, but obviously they don’t take their time to look at things and they just have to fill a quota.

The situation wouldn’t even be THAT bad if Blizzard hadn’t decided to hand out 30 day bans instead of the usual 7-14 days for offenses like these.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but non-participation should

NEVER

be a bannable offense.

I agree parties should be able to kick afkers, but banning them from playing the game for up to 30 days or more?? No way, that’s disproportionate

7 Likes

In which case why wasn’t the research done before issuing a ban? , loosing goodwill by banning someone will take a lot, if ever to regain and will cost subscriptions and loss of believable just cause for ‘any’ ban, and the nature of AV leads to players with differing objectives taking part and so any tinpot dictator in the BG reports people for not playing his way, casual BGs should be treated differently, especially since people don’t join up in a cohesive team where everyone knows each other and wants to play for a set objective. Once you take away choice from people you lose participants and eventually subscriptions. Casual BGs need less stringent rules, lower penalties ie. starting at 24hrs not 30 days and a much bigger burden of proof on reporting players who should receive game time penalties for malicious/ False reporting.

3 Likes

After this I know that I will NEVER ever participate in an AV again and in other BGs I’ll just run with the masses, even if an idiotic tactic is played. If this situation has tought us one thing, then it’s that you mustn’t think for yourself and try to be helpful in BGs, otherwise you might be done.

Right, I mean if you really wanted to stretch the definition of non participation you could say people fighting on the roads and not working towards map objectives is non participation…

Stuff like AV isn’t really won by kill counts anymore so if you are chasing people around the Field of Strife, you aren’t really helping your team either, by Blizzards current logic.

1 Like

Well, as far as I understood it, Blizzards logic is “If other players don’t like what you are doing, we’re banning you lmao”.

3 Likes

As someone who just ignores objectives and strives to pump the highest overall damage I guess it’s funny to see blizzard is judging my participation based entirely off of that metric. I got 26 KBs in kotmogu the other day. That’s a whole lot of participation right there.

It’s also important to remember that those of us here on the forums discussing the issue are knowledgeable (usually anyway) enough about the game and the objectives to understand how to play and what the meta is. Remember that a significant portion of the player base is not very knowledgeable, doesn’t even know what meta-strategy is. Not everyone playing is an adult - they could be kids.

So to ban someone because they got a quest that sent them to the cave in AV, or got lost on where to go, or are simply just exploring is insane. Not only that, but for 30 days?

I guarantee you there are people out there who were banned for less-than-optimal play and have no idea why.

3 Likes

Is defending an objective that no one ever goes for really participating in helping the team win?

There was a thread on the CS forums where someone was angry that they’d been banned, their tactic was to defend the midfield captain on their Rogue, sitting in their bunker in stealth even if no one went inside. I pointed out that a stealth class can keep an eye out for incoming attackers from outside the bunkers, you can also try and backcap several graveyards and towers in the immediate area while watching for people to make a move in that direction, but just sitting in stealth in the bunker the whole game was obviously going to be taken as a Netflix-and-PVP tactic.

I remember in the retro-AV event a few years back it was common to see people sitting out at the edges of the map or on top of the final bunker so that they could just chill and leech XP and honor. It was extremely frustrating to have so many people determined to do nothing to help.

The other thing to keep in mind is that non-participation penalties are, like just about every other penalty, reactive. Someone has to be reported for an investigation and an action to take place. From what I’ve been hearing from my son who’s actively playing WotLK Classic, when he can manage to get through the queue, is that the classic AV map has structural advantages for the Alliance. I imagine that Horde players are finding the experience to be frustrating, when they normally tend to be the dominant faction in PVP. They’re probably reporting people on their team who aren’t with the main group left and right out of aggravation at people who want to fish, seriously?

:rofl: :rofl: This has to be fake. Right?

1 Like

not at all

2 Likes

So you think if a player takes initiative, plays objectives, while engaged with the game and actively countering the enemy from completing their objective that they deserve a THRITY DAY BAN for a first offense simply because the hivemind no lifers on discord deep in the zerge don’t like where your dot is on a map?

How are you an MPV for the community again?

4 Likes

Yeah Im not getting it. If Blizz is going to have objectives in BG then they shouldnt be surprised when players do them. Particulrly when there is lots of honor attached. Either remove them or remove the bans.

1 Like