Blizzard, give us official rules and guidelines for AV

Some are and some are not. I have no info on what caused some to be overturned. It is possible there are additional circumstances beyond the basics that were reviewed on appeal. Meaning, they did not participate as per the initial metrics, but some sort of factor led to an overturn. Again, I don’t know what, and it is not all the Suspensions that are being overturned.

That makes me think it was not a “false positive” sort of thing where people were falsely flagged so much as “there is more info to look at in some cases”.

Yeah, well, the fact is, it happened. It happened on a mass scale. People are now getting unbanned. It doesn’t mean that everyone was unfairly banned, but to keep repeating:

Is tone deaf at best.

Yet people are getting unbanned.

1 Like

AV is one of the BGs that could use serious renovation, and not just graphically. The zerg rush was incredibly boring. Or, conversely get locked into that bottleneck area with equally matched teams. 40-45minutes to see who could diminish the other sides resources for a win.

I’ve always sidetracked to get mines, always. That’s infuriating that such an action can now be considered a reportable problem. It’s not a fast capture if you’re in there downing the mobs alone.

From what I’ve read of the provided threads, Blizz is making some very sad, very poor choices on this one. The ban reversals are a start, but overall AV has historically been a widely diverse BG with many, many choices of what you want to try and do to accomplish a win. The zerg movement was just the players trying to speed up the process. It was never the expected way the BG needed to be played.

I vote reverse all bans AND rebuild that BG better, in a more streamlined fashion if you don’t want players doing all the side achievements and quest objectives.

1 Like

It’s a game, you can play it however you like as long as you aren’t cheating. To ban players because some other players feel like they aren’t “playing right” is ridiculous. At most, they should be able to kick them out of the bg with enough votes and that should be the end of it.

3 Likes

Well, according to the CC post Blizzard confirmed that you might get banned if you don’t rush with the group or zerg in the middle and doing objectives instead. Follow the masses, even if it’s a crap tactic, or get banned trying to play properly.
I don’t know, this situation is just so infuriating and ridiculous. I didn’t even get banned but I’m so mad because I don’t even know if I ever want to participate in PvP again when this could mean that I might miss out on an expansion launch. The punishment of 30 days is not even reasonable, it’s just an arbitrary number to troll all these people and ruin the WotLK launch for them. A personal war against cheaters could be fine, but not if tons of innocent people get caught in the crossfire.

Imo they should just roll back all bans and next time investigate properly. The execution of this was extremely sloppy and lazy obviously.

4 Likes

I’ll believe that when I see it. For years I’ve seen people idle in caves and nothing happens. I don’t think the whole story is being told here. (Surprise!)

how do blizzard differentiate between someone defending and someone afk tho. like idk im not a dev

I believe OP. I only do epics for pvp and have done over 25k epics over 2 accounts since vanilla and i constantly see people calling others out in chat for breaking from the line by saying in chat “so so is afk, report” and without fail enough report to get said person immediately kicked.

3 Likes

In my CC post I explained legitimate situations where you can have little to even no dps/healing in a BG but still be participating. What if a Rogue or Druid just goes around stealth capping bases in Arathi Basin? You are actively helping your team win even if you are not damaging other players. Do you know how many times on Retail on my Rogue I sap cap Stables without even attacking the guy defending it? I do 0 damage in that situation but I just secured a base for my team in the process.

If damage/healing output is a metric that is to be used, then we need a BG that is simply team death match with 0 objectives because as soon you add objectives it is possible to only play the objectives and do little to no damage but still participate and contribute.

8 Likes

Probably key stroke input data. They can see how many times you pressed the spacebar every few minutes and nothing else would be my guess.

I can’t believe this is real still. Back in the days of AV in wrath, it was common to defend or do whatever you wanted in AV. How the culture has changed that now you get banned

1 Like

Blues have point-blank said healing/damage is a big focus.

Which of course, anyone who actually PvPs knows healing and damage isn’t everything at all. Especially in base capping maps such as AB and AV. ESPECIALLY when the map has a ton of side-objectives and achievements that you can only get from doing side things or defending.

This entire argument seems to be boiling down to three groups:

1. Those who don’t PvP and don’t understand PvP, yet defend this action for whatever crazy reason (it’s so easy to pick these people out too)
  2. Those who actually PvP and see how ridiculous this situation is
  3. Trolls
2 Likes

If it is true that they are unbanning many, then it calls into question whether they actually investigated to begin with. Either way, it doesn’t look good. There is no justification for banning paying customers for playing objectives, quests, etc that are intentionally put into the game(bg’s).

That means don’t do the quests, don’t turn in blood and armor, don’t defend or hit towers(no achievements for you!), don’t cap strategic spawn points. Just follow the herd even if the large scale fight is not suited for your class.

It’s dumb, flawed, one dimensional, lazy, rude, disconnected…

6 Likes

DING DING DING

Which is why I’m tired of the gaslighting “if the logs don’t back non-participation then you have nothing to fear” arguments.

:100:

1 Like

I feel like there is a lot of intellectual dishonesty going on in this post lol

If you are getting reported enough in every AV you do, that you are worried about getting suspended, then you must be doing something you know you shouldn’t be.

The people reviewing the suspensions and appeals are not the complete morons some people want to paint them to be. They more than likely have the resources to verify your behavior/actions in BGs or any other part of the game. That’s why I typically side with Blizzard for these sort of things unless the player suspended actually provides some sort of strong evidence that contradicts the suspension reasoning.

Yeah, that’s why a lot of people are starting to get unbanned now. :roll_eyes:

Yeah, because player-provided evidence is considered in appeals. :clown_face: But go ahead and keep siding with those who mass-banned people and are finally going “hmm maybe we shouldn’t have done that” and reversing those bans stemming from a “thorough investigation.”

Your post reeks of not knowing what’s going on, sorry.

3 Likes

The system is flawed, which is why a bunch of bans are being reverted (myself included). If the system was working as intended, so many innocent people would not have been banned in the first place. This isn’t a case of just 1 or 2 people who got banned, are guilty, and are asking to be excused. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people who were wrongly suspended. That is a flawed system and a mistake.

No one is saying that the people who review bans are morons, but simply that the rules and policies in place that those reviewing bans have to follow are wrong. We’re asking for changes to the rules and policies, or at least clarity on what the guidelines of participation/non-participation are.

6 Likes

What are they doing to get banned? Hacks, or something?

must be a classic post in the non-classic forum or something.

Playing the BG as it’s designed.