Blizzard, give us official rules and guidelines for AV

I’m sick of hearing people get banned for 30+ days for how they play AV. It is literally the single BG right now where individual actions make the least impact and yet Blizzard is happy to permanently ban players for how they perceive the objective.

There is quests available, but it’s bannable to pick them up.

There’s friendly NPCs to protect, buff, and heal, but it’s bannable to guard them.

There’s mines to capture, but it’s bannable to enter their caves.

There’s graveyards to capture for your team, but there’s a specific one that’s bannable to click.

You can que at level 61-69, but it’s bannable to participate at those levels.

There’s fishable water, but it’s bannable to fish.

Somehow mindlessly pressing W to go to the enemy boss room dubbed Netflix Hill and then AFK 5/10/45 minutes until two towers go down is perfectly expected and protected behavior.

Stop banning people unless you dedicate a code of conduct on your site for official guidelines on how YOU expect the players to participate. Every week there’s people losing access to the game for an unknown reason to them. That shouldn’t happen in any capacity in this game, let alone the most chaotic anything goes BG. If there’s places you don’t want players you should color code the map with bannabe and safe areas at the least.

45 Likes

I’ve been seeing some posts about this and don’t get what is going on. Will someone enlighten me?

4 Likes

TLDR I trolled AV and got banned

Something tells me this is the only one that really happened.

6 Likes

I didn’t know they left the quests and side objectives in the game. I haven’t been in there since 2010 or so. I got bored. The gameplay loop as I remember it was:
Run north, stop at Belinda.
Once enough players are there, take out Belinda.
Run north to Stormpike GY. Cap GY.
Gather outside Alliance keep/kill any defenders.
Take out Van.

I’m sure Alliance did something similar. It’s a fun thing once or twice, but bland after a while. I always appreciated when Alliance would try defending because that was the highlight of the experience.

1 Like

People getting nuked for playing the objectives instead of zergrushing.

9 Likes

it’s pretty disgusting that the blue said that defending was actionable. legit nuts.

i’ve been reported a few times. one that comes to mind was during SOTA. I think I was defending or something and I got kicked for not being in combat. can’t remember exactly but just craziness all around.

19 Likes

You shouldn’t get actioned at all, at most you should just get removed from the battleground.

12 Likes

I can’t believe they’re cracking down so hard on AV

2 Likes

Heh, being actionable is already bad. And when the action is a 30-day vacation? :clown_face:

6 Likes

oh classic wow detected.

1 Like

Are these assumptions being made or do we know for a fact that these reasons listed are why people were banned?

2 Likes

Go read the CC forum for a very detailed thread.

2 Likes

Okay thank you!

1 Like

They give rules out for this but cant give rules out for M+? lol This is too good

1 Like

Wrong forum , go to GD Wrath classic

This is likely the one they mean. It has all the blue quotes in it from other non-participation suspensions in the past.

Not really. The rules are the same for Retail and Classic. It is fine to discussion the general policy in either place, or both.

The only thing different this time is that they started with 30 days, not 7 or 14. They also seem to have done a large group instead of the usual handful we see on the CS forum.

It seems people were unaware that the EULA and the policies do not allow intentional non participation or that reporting for it is a thing. These are the report options.

Gameplay Sabotage

• AFK/Non-Participation
  • Intentionally Feeding
  • Blocking Team Progress

Blizz does not take one report alone. It has to be multiple games and the logs have to back that the person did not do damage/healing over those multiple games.

The intent, I think, is to stop people doing easy honor farming without working with the team.

3 Likes

Oh, yes, I am also seeing this blue post and I feel that is simply unfair. Defending is just as important. One should not be banned for not rushing with the rest of the group. I have seen so much fall when not defended.

2 Likes

What? banned by playing AV for those? Honestly ,they should find a way to do those side quests easier to do and include the Bg. This really a problem.

They are talking about my thread here:

6 Likes

Let’s use Google’s former code of conduct: “Don’t be evil.”

You know if you’re going AFK on a corner of the map. Don’t be that guy.

1 Like