PvP Afk is AV safe?

You’re right I got banned for using honorbuddy 5ish~ years ago, I have not received any infractions since then.

1 Like

Also it has been said a few times this will only happen if you have a pattern of being afk in a BG. So has to be more then once, If just once they will not action you.

3 Likes

The blues have said many times all bans and appeals are handled by a live person. So whatever you were doing they determined it was ban worthy.

3 Likes

To be frank, the CS forum isn’t really a debate area, let alone trying to start something with others here as the blues here have nothing to do with appeals and trying to start fights in the most heavily watch forum is a bad idea.

4 Likes

Nope.

The very last thing Blizzard wan’ts to do is apply account penalties. It’s always done after review and investigation. Yes mistakes are made, which is why there is an appeals process (which is not a way to plead your case, it’s just a request for a new set of eyes to go over the evidence). However a false positive is not an indication of automation.

This very topic came up a week or so ago, on this forum. Blizzard’s response to that has been echo’d in this thread.

7 Likes

Nonparticipation in BGs is NEVER safe.

We can see how much damage you did and how much healing.
We can see how many of your realmmates have reported you as not participating.

Those two factors together, it will catch up.

False positives are rare - but possible. That is why we have a means to appeal to have a case reviewed. That is done only through the ticket system.

11 Likes

Obviously non participation in bgs isn’t a good idea but if Alliance never come to contest the bunker and the BG is over before you can even make it to Vann then how is the BG design the responsibility of the players?

The obvious answer is glaring, your team is not putting enough effort into reviewing to make sure situations like mine don’t happen. Any response past that is inexcusable.

The blues here has nothing to do with the appeal system, let alone anyone that handle account actions. Telling Orlyia how something should be handle isn’t going to change anything, let alone change your account action.

2 Likes

Your fellow players may consider that as non-participation because you aren’t following the plan the rest of the group are doing. In their opinion you aren’t participating because you aren’t contributing to what the rest of the group is doing.

6 Likes

You might want to stop right there.

5 Likes

Except that the players you were with felt that it was not participating. In multiple battlegrounds.

That’s your opinion. You are entitled to it. Just like the players that reported you are entitled to theirs.

8 Likes

That would be odd considering defending towers is a part of the gameplay. However, I can see it being a problem if you just sit in towers that remain uncontested and then end up doing little to no damage or healing. At that point I can understand you being actioned because your teammates are doing all the dirty work while you take the path of least resistance and don’t pull your weight.

3 Likes

So just leave every tower empty every game because defending them if the enemy doesn’t attempt to back cap will result in a ban?

Sitting at a spot and not actively participating is considered AFK. You’ve had to have been removed from battlegrounds on several occasions in order for this to get flagged for an account action, so you knew that people were reporting you AFK too.

Okay. Unfortunately that the main objective (and the one the majority of the group is going for). If you feel that should be changed, you’re welcome to post your suggestions in the Battlegrounds forum or in the General discussion forum.

It’s not intended for you to AFK at a spot that’s not being attacked in several BGs.

7 Likes

False, I never got afkd out of a single bg not one time I never even got an afk debuff. Because I was playing the game. Controlling the objectives in a bg is the intent of the instance. It should not be punishable if the opposing force doesn’t decide to contest.

Then it sounds like you’ll have a successful appeal if this was a single circumstance and never happened before.

Best of luck with that appeal.

7 Likes

If you feel battlegrounds need to be changed you need to post constructively in the Battlegrounds forum. The Devs who make those decisions do not take feedback or suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them.

4 Likes

So, if the enemy doesn’t come to you - what is stopping you from venturing out of the tower and finding a fight?

Claiming to be defending when a tower isn’t being attacked is laughable…

6 Likes

Non-participation as referenced by Vrak for another player.

Specifically referencing defending bases away from the group.

8 Likes

Obviously not. I’m saying that doing nothing but sitting in towers every single game is pretty ridiculous if you’re in a random battleground. Also, if you were actioned, then a lack of damage/healing was probably a factor, which would mean that you weren’t really “defending” anything. Now, combine that with the fact that people repeatedly reported you for inactivity, and you have a story that suggests your claim of “defending towers” wasn’t entirely truthful.

I defend towers all the time in Alterac Valley but I still get loads of damage because I attack people that pass by, attack the captain, and/or Vann. You mean to tell me that you always just sit in towers, find NOBODY to attack, and NEVER go to the boss? Yeah, I’d report you too because you’re a waste of a player slot.

5 Likes