Blizzard COULD Ban GDKP runs now the token is in the game

Wang try to feed Ping and famrly. it hard work in this economy. no one tell Wang it be rike dish.

I just saw Band of Callous Aggression go for 3 million gold on gehennas horde on a stream. Nothing to see here, definitely no gold laundering/selling lol

1 Like

I don’t run GDKPs. I only raid with my guild. People doing GDKPs doesn’t affect me.

I never understood people’s anger with how other players decide to play the game.

2 Likes

The people who would quit because they can’t swipe their card and get gear are the exact ones that everyone who already quit wants to quit. Everyone who already quit likely did because of GDKPr’s. They’d probably all come back if the GDKP was banned entirely.

Just a reminder that you dont need to swipe your card to be in a GDKP.

1 Like

This isn’t why people enjoy gdkps. Most enjoy it because of the loot system. The most popular loot system by the way. The 1 or 2 people who may swipe during a gdkp are not the majority of those who will quit, those people would still find a way to flex their wallets. It’s the people who earn gold in gdkp and spend it right back in gdkps to gear themselves out who will be the ones lost.

No, they quit because they are bored, no one worth their salt quit because of gdkps. And no, they won’t come back.

1 Like

This would be a good thing. The majority of GDKP is lead by Gold Sellers, and they represent the majority of the posts in this forum in support of GDKP. I am a top tier, world raider/healer who found out the hard way just how manipulated the game is when I was recruited to transfer servers and unknowingly joined one such guild. The majority of the top tier and world ranked guilds on the US servers are not even based in the US. AND the majority of the guilds you see on Warcraft logs and top ranked lists are the same exact players. They all have multiple alts which they run on multiple computers at a time. If you have a falling out, a failure, a milestone run or any kind of play at all, if you choose to quit the guild because this is not what you signed up for, the news of your falling out, quitting, milestone run or any outstanding play travels across all servers instantaneously.

As a result of my experience, my subscription ends in 2 days and I am never coming back. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only GAMER who took this route and this is a good example as to why the server populations are thinning out. I chose to leave world raiding because this is not what I signed up for! This isn’t gaming! I’m instead returning to the original WoW creators for my gaming needs. They have new games on the market, and there is one in particular that is in Alpha and is highly anticipated.

I don’t think you realize just how adversely gold sellers and GDKP have affected the game. The most basic effect is obvious, it enables large scale illicit behavior on an international level while gearing people who didn’t earn the gear they wear. The “players” who swipe their cards to buy this gear aren’t always raider alts and don’t know how to play the class they entered the raid with, they don’t follow basic raid mechanics because they aren’t being forced to learn the fights, no one is kicking them for making the same mistakes over and over, and they are usually the player that whispers “GS” while forming 5 man groups yet are the cause for the wipe in non-gdkp raids and 5 man instances as they do 2k damage on 5.4k geared chars. This is one of the main reasons why gamers stop pugging. The end result is they end up leaving the game and leave less players in the raid pool which in turn cause more players to quit the game.

I also don’t think you realize how large the gold seller community is and how much they have affected the game, and how efficiently they communicate cross realm. They use Discord, and they use so MANY forms of communication behind the scenes to manipulate the servers. Do you understand that gold sellers own all of the community channels? Do you understand that the order in which certain posts and channels appears depends on how much real money is paid to the gold sellers for bumping the adverts? Do you understand that gold sellers keep charts, notes and store as much information about each player within the game via Discord in locked channels? Did you know gold sellers use Google Docs to communicate about everything that happens across all realms, all of WoW, and to keep track of the movement of real time credit card dirty gold purchases, the amount of gold washed by the dirty purchases, and where they hopped the gold to in a very organized and systematic corporate run type of existence? Did you know that the reason there are so many unsuccessful MS/OS pug raids is because gold sellers join those raids to make sure raids don’t down bosses and deliberately implode them? It’s part of how they are normalizing GDKP.

Blizzard is not in control of their own game! This game is less about RNG at this point because nothing is random but the loot drops themselves.

1 Like

Explain how, realistically without a bunch of “well if they only did this”, Blizzard could ban GDKPs.

Remember, realistic. Not an ideal fairy tale where everyone follows the rules you just made up.

I’ll wait.

(I know I’m not going to get a good answer because I’ve asked this question in every single one of these “Ban GDKP” threads, but the ideas are funny to read).

1 Like

The better question is still why should blizzard?

The only reasons people give just seem to be lying about how much RMT is in GDKP’s which I suspect mostly stems from those people simply being too lazy to farm gold themselves if they think a few thousand gold is a lot.

2 Likes

Classic andys always trying to kill wow because of some failed purity test only they care about. Touch grass please.

I know right, wanting a system banned because they arent getting carried for free anymore like the good ol days

Well the OP of this post is by their guild but thats neither here nor there.

1 Like

haha. da gdkp pot size r so big now multiple people have to hold da gold cap on many character for da gdkp run.

r people really buying wow token 20 usd real life money for 4,000 gold?

does not seem like it. 3rd party n selling in house gold farm operation gold to gdkp customer happen more now than ever before.

clean gold through burner account n guild bank. buyer join on alt n given rank to take da gold out after real life money purchase.

take a look at dis guild asking for da gold cap to be raised.
Gold cap too low . plus da same guild asking for nerfs Nerf Ulduar .

haha. here is a photo of a guilds guild master telling buyers in da gold selling discord how to get priority spots in da gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. green is gdkp leader.

imgur. com/a/yboW7Pw

a guild officer dat also sells gold on a discord while also running a gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discords.

imgur. com/a/YdnNCOj

screenshot of dat same guilds gdkp discord promoting da same gold selling discord. haha. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. yellow is leader.

imgur. com/a/GyQcgZf

dis one gold farming operation had 45,000,000 gold sold in tbc classic with da price of 12 usd dollars per 1000 gold. imagine how much has been sold in wotlk.

540,000 usd real life money earned through one gdkp selling gold to people. no one can say dis does not ruin da spirit of classic n promote pay to win culture. too much gold in da game from bots.

think about all da other gold farming operations on da classic servers. dis is just one example. now u have wow token blizzard gold farming operation.

dis is a lot of real life money being earned.

haha. so funny.

1 Like

Yea, except the problem with that is you can’t get into a GDKP to earn that gold to then spend it in the next one when you don’t have gear. Can’t get gear unless you’re in the GDKP and have the gold to spend on gear. GDKPs don’t just let anyone jump in most of the time. Either way, you’re spending IRL money whether its swiping your card for a gold selling website or conversely buying a token. The problem stays the same.

Considering there are more people who hate GDKPs than there are that defend them, I’d say we have a point.

1 Like

This is debatable.

That’s an opinion not fact.
Most people do hate 3rd party gold buyers but that’s separate from GDKP.
Get rid of those gold buyers and GDKP would remain as popular as ever.

1 Like

Not sure where youre getting the idea that more people hate it than defend it. You also seem to think the only way to play in a GDKP is if you swipe. It honestly seems like you have zero idea what youre talking about

They keep forgetting one of the reason we got anti boost code was…to kill the rampant strat farming in tbcc of Strath lol.

Some who did not raid log after their BT and/or SWP runs…went here.

to clear 400 gold an hour…Pure vendor sales. More if they bothered to AH greens.

I wished I had the chars geared for this at the time. I come from eve. Spamming for easy money? Not on pvp…here is where you are lol. Crabbing the night away.

1 Like

Thank God you aren’t in charge of wows gaming direction

Yeah the 1 in a million scenario is what you should base your argument on great idea

All true.

I have no idea how you come to this conclusion though. Every sub is still paid for. But with tokens Blizz makes an extra $5 for those subs. The fact that it’s cheaper for players to buy gold from a 3rd party site, and then buy a token means Blizzard just makes more money (20 > 15).

Blizz has ZERO reason to ban gdkps. Players buying gold and buying tokens with that gold is good for Blizzard. As long as there’s a few players buying tokens from Blizz to sell on the AH. And there will be. Some people are too afraid to buy from a 3rd party site. Those whales keep this system afloat for Blizz.

As far as the integrity of the game, authenticity, or player enjoyment…those things mean absolutely nothing to Blizz. Classic is a cash cow to milk whales and a haven for bots.