Blizzard COULD Ban GDKP runs now the token is in the game

TLDR: GDKPs are full of purchased gold from 3rd party websites. Buying gold from those sites and then using that dirty gold to purchase tokens for game time is cheaper than either buying the token directly or paying for a sub normally. By allowing GDKPs to exist, Blizzard is losing significant amounts of money. Therefore, it is in their interest to ban GDKPs.

9 Likes

I don’t think they would ban GDKPs the same as they didn’t ban people from doing sales run on retail anyway.

Personally, I think removing master loot from pugs and making it only a guild option would do a lot more good than just going at GDKPs.

3 Likes

I’ll watch this thread.

3 Likes

Be careful what you wish for, lots of people will probably quit if you ban gdkps.

But what if you have a mostly guild group and just need to fill a couple spots? Removing master loot hurts that.

Then pugs should get their chance at loot if you can’t fill your raid. That’s a you issue.
If you need them to clear the raid then they should get a chance at loot.

2 Likes

Buying gold from someone just trying to feed their family is dirtier than buying gold from a multi-billion dollar corporation?

wut

2 Likes

Of course they should get a chance, but you don’t want the free for all of rolling need on everything. That’s why you want ML, in order to enforce MS>OS. You also need ML for SRs to work.

1 Like

They can use the group loot model that they use for retail that prio your main spec for loot. It’s not that complicated. I’m also fine with getting rid of SR if it means no HR pug runs.

2 Likes

The Retail model won’t work, because gear changes with your spec.

I don’t see how that change anything. Retail just makes it easier to gear overall. It still detects your main spec and you can only roll on the loot that is considered main spec for you.

Damn, you are a troll.

2 Likes

Name calling is inappropriate.

Please, let us keep the forums civil.

6 Likes

Haven’t played Retail since SL, but last I saw gear changed with your spec. If my DK switched from Unholy to Blood, the gear it was wearing would change from DPS to tank stats. Totally different from Classic.

And it doesn’t change anything as far as rolling gear go.
You would just have less gear being available to be rolled on.

You wouldn’t be able to roll on leather if you’re a plate wearer which I’m sure some people wouldn’t mind being enforced. You wouldn’t be able to main spec roll as a dps on mp5 gear or defense gear.

Ok, say you have that system. What prevents someone from rolling on gear they already have or isn’t an upgrade? What you’re suggesting amounts to the Wild West that was rolling for gear in LFR on Retail. No thanks.

Just ban gold buyers, imo.

GDKP is a legitimate loot allocation method that makes PuGging a lot less painful.

I lead MS>OS pugs when I can, but it’s just not worth the time/effort to do so for Ulduar 10m HMs, for example, because people will just dip if the loot they want doesn’t drop, esp. if they are only there for Thorim, and even more especially if there is a wipe.

GDKP not only makes it more rewarding for people to stay, it incentivizes people to fill. Imagine getting summoned in for a quick algalon 1-shot, and getting 5k gold just for being there.

3 Likes

What do you think will happen though if they do ban this? People who are against GDKPs often come across as petty and jealous because they can’t get into raids themselves, so their desire to ban them seems rooted in the idea that if GDKPs are banned all these people who participate in them will be forced to join guilds or run in normal pugs, so there’d be more people available for that. Given that a lot of the people who participate in GDKPs probably aren’t in guilds I think they’d be more likely to just quit if the form of raiding they like is just banned. We should be trying to encourage people to play WoW Classic, not do things to turn them off.

GDKPs aren’t against the TOS for the game, buying gold is, so I wish Blizzard would just work harder on banning gold buying rather then just trying to ban a game style a lot of people enjoy.

It seems to be a common theme among WoW players when they see other people doing something they don’t like, it must be banned!!

1 Like

People are buying gold BECAUSE of GDKPs. Ban those, and most of the reasons for buying gold evaporate.

3 Likes

Are you attempting to imply that gold buying exists because GDKP exists?