Blizzard Banning Players Exploiting Reputation

Sure totally innocent random internet guy. I believe you.

Btw how is the leveling going on the new accounts?

Doesnt really matter what you’re saying tbh. All i see is “it wasn’t me”. “I didn’t do it”. You can be as detailed in your claim as possible. Youre trying to win in the court of wow general forums lol. Theres no such thing, go take it up with Blizz, but it sounds like they dont believe you. You know the guys that can check more closly than you can of what you’re doing.

This conversation was fine until people actually found out they were banned. Now its a pitty party of desperate “innocents wongfully accused by multi dollar company!”

There is no way possible to have renown that high without exploiting. You’re a liar. I did literally every quest available lore master and have farmed wq and only hit 11 yesterday. Stop the lying.

1 Like

I’m sorry you feel that way. I told you exactly what I did. What gain do I get from lying here?

1 Like

By the way, the question isn’t whether my rep level is higher than what is “intended”, as if it wasn’t then I wouldn’t have been flagged for the 4 day ban. The question is intent, and I didn’t intentionally perform any exploit. The fact that I passively gained extra rep because I was logged into two accounts is indisputable, the fact that Blizzard decided to ban anyone this happened to with no consideration that somebody could possibly not pay enough attention to their rep numbers every quest turn in is pathetic and laughable.

Finally got my appeal looked at by a human and they’ve submitted the case for reinvestigation. The fact that this is possible clearly means this issue isn’t as cut and dry as the sad sacks calling everyone liars want to believe it is. Who would have thought!

2 Likes

This is a big win for the game’s integrity.

1 Like

This is correct. I did the same and I’m only at 12 with some of them.

well i got hit as well. i only made it to renowned 17 after leaving the zone. every time i level a character, i level 2. on 2 linked accounts. since burning crusade i have been doing this. i went through the zone and had no clue i was getting bonus rep. nothing seemed out of the ordinary as my renown’s were as follows:

council was 12
assembly was 15
hallowfall was 14
threads was 17

and the funny part of it all is that to know about this and do it on purpose and not get to 25 renowned then that is just stupid. because the whole reason behind it that i am finding out now was that at 25 renowned would unlock heroic crests.

so whether people want to believe it or not, but anyone that got hit by this and didnt get to 25 renowned i can guarantee they were oblivious to the fact that this bug even existed. like me.

when i got dc and suspended i had no clue what happened or what was going on. i thought it might of been something i said to someone, then i remember i dont talk in chat. and i am not in a guild. only late that night on the forums i talked to a few people and this was what it turned out to be, where i was playing on 2 accounts and got some bonus rep unknowingly. there are alot of people in our shoes.

if you got to renowned 25, then you definitely knew about this bug and fully methodically exploited it. because i was on 2 accounts and did every quest in the zone and only hit renowned 17. nothing seemed out of the ordinary which was no cause for concern. blizzard got to get their act together before they throw the book. cause i can guarantee the innocent vs guilty on this one is 99 to 1 easy.

1 Like

And if you were on 3 accounts? 4-5? If you understand how easily it was to dupe rep from a second account, do you realize how that scales the same way, except even worse?

If one of the bugs was selecting multiple pacts, the bug from last reset ("Forge a pact" quest bugged for some) would have led to people accidentally picking other pacts if they tried to play with something different from the week prior, unless they waited for the hotfix later in the day or that bug was fixed earlier, but streamers have been clipped exploiting that bug as recently as Aug 28.

so maybe i am slow, but i read your post and i cannot figure out your point here.

everyone is obviously aware of that now. but not when they didnt know there was a bug.

well i was playing 2 accounts as i always do. got to almost same renowned as other factions that i leveled through. no cause for concern. didnt even pay attention to my renowns until the ban hit.

not everyone watches streamers. i know i dont, never have. not my thing. and if they been clipped exploiting since auguest 28 then blizzard should of did something about it and not waited for hundreds, if not thousands of players unknowingly level through and gain bonus rep obliviously.

The point is you think 25 after two weeks was the result of methodical setup and intentional exploiting. You got 17 week 1 with 2 accounts, I got 21 week 1 with 3 accounts.

Aug 26 my renown was 9/9/10/21 with the individual pacts at 4/3/3.

1 Like

ok, i understand your side of it now. sometimes i play 4 accounts but i dont have tww on the other 2 yet which is only why i have been playing 2 accounts. so if that had been so i would of hit 25 np, but again still unknowingly.

sorry for your post going over my head. i guess what my main point about it all is that the only benefit to even being 25 renowned was cause of the heroic crest unlock and to anyone that didnt make it to 25, i am sure they had no clue about it nor did they pay attention to what renowned they were even at.

so i can see your point now, and as far as you are concerned you have my belief in that you are also in the same boat as the rest of us. just wrong place wrong time so to speak.

I sure wish I was in the same boat. Two commenters have mentioned their appeals got a “reinvestigation” reply where mine told me to kick rocks and no further appeals would be considered. What criteria they’re using to judge appeals here is still a mystery.

1 Like

wow that sucks. well we still might be in the same boat. i got that automated response 3 days ago and i escalated it but im still waiting to hear back.

If you just got the response that reads like an auto-response, you gotta reply to the same ticket asking for a human to look. They almost always do these auto responses to cut down on required work. If it’s an actual response from a GM and they told you to get lost then that really blows.

Nope this was GM signed, any ability to reopen the issue or send new replies is disabled. Only suggestion they had left was to submit feedback or try the forums, as if that has any chance of doing anything.

How did you magically get such a high renown then? It didn’t level itself up. That’s the whole point. Clearly lying because it doesn’t work that way.

No you said it yourself you didn’t actually level two chars just one. The other day in town on the ah. So make up your mind

Says the guy with a banned account L. o. l.

Are you trolling? The concept is so simple it’s hard to believe you simply can’t understand this. I was on two accounts. That’s apparently the only thing required to trigger getting extra rep. I did not realize I was getting extra rep. Very simple, very easy to understand. It’s not against the terms of service to be on two accounts.