Blizzard allows Bots, Hacking, and RMT. I Quit

and this is where discord will always be superior to wow forums.
if there ever was a post worthy of a kek emoji, this would bet it.

congratulations, you played yourself.

This is absurd. Games have referees for a reason. Blizzard just doesn’t want to hire any.

4 Likes

Bologna, Its their platform and they proved they could detect bots and crush them when HB was caught and basically they started handing out 6 month bans, Bots are detectable and more resource should be put in to eliminate them.
Here’s the problem though, Activision probably doesn’t love the fact so many players are still actively playing classic even though a BRAND NEW retail patch should be killing classic but it isn’t, without tokens in classic its a no win for Blizzard because they cant sell gold, so they either want to let the dumpster fire kill classic or just ignore it and hope classic fades away.

4 Likes

Then stop paying them. This is a wonderful game and experience. Don’t like it go play hello kitty

Private servers did a better job of cracking down on gold buyers and botters than Blizzard ever has.

Sweaty players actually play the game. They don’t need to buy gold because they’re actually doing things and making the gold they need.

It’s the casuals who don’t actually want to play the game who buy gold and bot. They can’t be asked to log in and farm materials, so they whip out their wallets.

4 Likes

ill copy and paste this and save it. this is a true image of what i think. this would present a wonderful statement if checked in court. the jury would find Blizzard guilty of this 100%. well said sir, i will always remember this statement. if blizzard deletes it, i got it saved… this is blizzard in a nutshell about this game.

Fun story time, when I was leveling my rogue on Nazgrel after the server launched in vanilla, I saw a hunter botting in redridge, I reported him and he was gone, never seen again the day after I submitted the report.

In classic I report unguilded jibberish names that appear to be botting and I’ll still see them in the open world running the same script as I’m about farming herbs and nothing happens, There have been very few people that i’ve reported that have had any action taken on them.

There is a STARK difference there and as for gold buyers I had not heard of more than a handful of people buying gold in the entirety of vanilla-cata, meanwhile in classic, if you join any ranker discord you’ll hear people talking about buying gold all the time so they can keep on ranking, they’re not even remotely close to this level of crap.

2 Likes

I am surprised you came up with that much. :triumph:

My only question about this is if the famous live streamers have made it a huge issue that bots destroy the game. It sounds like they haven’t which is why Blizzard allows it.

The botting is a massive part of why I won’t be playing Shadowlands or (the potential) Burning Crusade.

I’m not sticking around if botting is, and so far… that seems to be the case.

2 Likes

I still thinking the server size and resource scarcity makes botting easier to see and makes it more annoying. Medium servers dont have the near the problem. Botting was in vanilla just harder to see when servers were a fraction of the mega servers.

The true irony is that the private severs with the limited corruption that they do have; actually crack down on this kind of cheating very harshly.

The trouble that the private servers have varies a bit from server to server depending on the host, but the things I have run into are these.

1. Accounts banned for cheating, hacking or RMT that are valuable are often sold for RL money by shady GM’s.
  2. certain gold farmers are “allowed” to farm without ban on certain servers because they are paying RL money to have that privilege, this creates problems.

Excluding those two things, the private servers flat out delete cheaters almost as quickly as they start cheating, its very fast, very swift and harsh. These players in Classic right now wall clipping into the floor and herbing from underground would be nearly instant banned on private servers for stepping out of bounds like that, and the fact that Blizzard a massive mountain of cash kinda company cant do the same is actually rather pathetic.

1 Like

You have no idea… you are either delusional, or naive… or part of the cheaters.

2 Likes

I think I have more of an idea than a level 10 retail alt.

People who actually try hard and care about the game will actually spend the time playing it to earn the gold themselves.

People who don’t care about the game buy their way through it because they can’t be asked.

1 Like

Don’t like what you read => Attack the forum avatar. Very mature. I hope for your own sake that you are still a teenager, or I’d be worried if I was you.

People who “try hard” in the top guilds will buy gold to go even faster. I won’t say who as this is not the place for that, but I witnessed it first hand.

As I said, you have no idea about the mentality of that kind of players. The important for them is to “win”, no matter the cost.

1 Like

If you wanna leave go for it, no one will stop you. As a player i am constantly reporting bots, ever day im getting a new in game mail saying “thank you for your report. it has caused us to take action or whatever.” stays in my inbox for 365 days from when i got it. the more you report the more they ban. So to say that they “allow” botting or hacking, isnt exactly true. The bots are getting better I can say that much. Its not your typical bot that backs up in the water and drowns while killing a mob any more. There are bots that actually look like they are questing. Run around killing quest mobs and then go back to the quest giver then cycle back through. While yes it is tiresome to report them all, I know I’m doing my part.

Now in part it is true. One thing to consider is the current state of Blizzard. If you have kept up with Youtube lately you will see that a lot of the original game designers have left and should be a big clue as to what is happening. Actavizion allows it because regardless what you or i think, they get the money! And we all know the all mighty dollar speaks. But that doesnt mean that once they have gotten x amount of dollars they still wont ban the account or accounts.

LOL, no gold buying wasnt popular back then!

4 Likes

how is the market busted when botters bring accessibility to items by providing them in bulk? Would you rather spend over 25g for a righteous orb because some nolifer spent 2 hours in a dungeon to get it or 9g because there’s 24/7 bots running the dungeon allowing supply to meet demand?

OMG. Seriously?? Or are you being sarcastic? Are you actually advocating for bots? This is just…twisted.

2 Likes

Yes I am. People see bots as an issue from the seller perspective because they are competing against them to make gold but often forget the convenience they bring from the buyer side. Who do you think is out there farming plaguebloom and selling it cheap in the AH? How many players do you think it will take to actively herb all of the materials to sustain a high pop server? Even the low pop servers benefit from this. If everyone is raid logged who’s doing the fishing, herbing, mining, leatherworking, for all of the other cheap mats? No player will waste their time mining iron when they can be mining RTV’s…