Blizzard allows Bots, Hacking, and RMT. I Quit

Thats probably true on the resources they put in. Just have to deal with it. Not sure if any mmo will not have the bot issue. Smart guys always breaking games. There was the one guy who made millions hacking mmos. He not tell anyone what he was doing. He dupe items and gold. Just have to play the game and not worry so much about bots. It will always be part of mmos.

That doesn’t change our stance that RMT’ing gold isn’t currently killing the game or in the past been a MASSIVE problem.

We are merely drawing attention that actiblizz doesn’t do anything about it and effectively is letting this cancer slowly kill the game. Again.

1 Like

I dont think it hurts the game as much as people say. Inflation will balance out. I rather not have real players banned if they tighten up the bot bans.

That is the worst line of reasoning I’ve ever heard.

Ban anyone looking like a bot is what you want.

If you’ve seen a bot, its pretty much impossible to accidentally hit a real player.

Hint hint. No one uses click to move except for bots giving next location to move to in a distinct linear pattern.

2 Likes

Because you buy gold lol. If you were farming for your gold on a mega server like I have been doing for a year you’d see how bad it is. No matter where or what I am farming I am competing with a bot and no matter what I am buying I’m paying RMT prices.

3 Likes

I just dont farm in the world. Go to a instance. Want some tips? The population of big servers is most the problem. My server was cheap and easy. The xfers came in. Now we are mega server with no world farms worth it.

They do what they can

Or just someone one hand afk farming.

1 Like

All of my friends play on the mega server. Not to mention that’s where the real PvP competition is. I’ll gladly compete with players. It’s why I play on a popular server. I can kill a horde player, I can deny an alliance player kills until he leaves. I cannot compete with a bot.

Also I DO farm in instances as well but so do the bots. I have to compete with them on the market as well lets not forget that.

Its still the population that causes the issues. Mostly on black lotus. The rest of the resources can be instanced farmed. Find a farm bots dont do. Solid stone farms been good easy farm for a long time for me. I dont think bots can do them.

LOL So funny you say this because I just got done with a week long battle with Blizzards silly report system trying to get a bot banned who was doing the ele earth/solid stone farm and cutting my money big time.

Blizzard didn’t do anything for a week even though myself and many others who farmed there reported the bot. Finally, when I cancelled my sub, I put in a ticket saying “I want a refund”, explained the bot (for the 1 millionth time) in excruciating detail, and the bot was finally banned (you know… when Blizzard finally had a PERSON look at my report).

By that point though I was so fed up that it honestly didn’t even matter. I lost something like 500g to that bot directly and Blizzard wouldn’t have even banned the bot had I not gone around the bot report system and requested a refund.

It’s not just black lotus. It’s everything. And I hear you, your server isn’t bad because the population was lower. Trust me when I say, Herod is a massive cluster.

1 Like

I was on herod jump ship 3 times. Bliz layering server size is the big problem. The bigger the server the more customers for gold bots. They should of had 5 times the server for pre signups and herod and the few preservers wouldnt of been such a cluster. I am hoping for fresh servers next year over going to tbc.

That’s false. They don’t inyentionally allow these things. They simply can’t eliminate these things.

That’s very different, unless Blizzard is a god, with god-like magical powers. And they aren’t. They are just people.

Hacking and cheating have existed in every game for the last 5,000 years. But YOU blame Blizzard because they can’t stop them. YOU call it “allowing” if they exist.

Not even close. It’s just nonsense that exists in YOUR mind.

Lots of people play by the rules. But there are also cheaters, hackers, liars, RMTers, whatever. Don’t blame Blizzard for what those people are doing.

If you can’t cope with cheaters, don’t play games. ANY games.

Blizzard intentionally ignores a large portion of Botting, Hacking, and RMT because:

1. They make money on it.
  2. Addressing it would effect their bottom line.

They have the resources to fix it AND classic still be profitable but the refuse to apply those resources because they are trying to make as much money with as little effort as possible with classic.

Blizzard gives no consideration to the person playing by the rules and would let every one of them quit before they’d lift a finger to address the bot/hack/rmt problem.

9 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/herbalism-bots-plaguing-bfa/6981/28

I find it funny that you constantly link that post as it is proof that Blizzard does not profit off of bots. It is like you have no intention to think for yourself and use logic and see what is actually happening. The bots/cheaters do not get banned, even after blatantly doing it in front of many people and getting reported over and over. Blizzard intentionally does nothing to these accounts, but still must go through the reports and look at the complaints. If these accounts were not beneficial to Blizzard in some way and were costing them resources, they would ban them right away. I do not believe in the history of WoW it has ever been more of a bottom line scenario for the decisions that Blizzard makes regarding changes to the game. The indisputable fact is that if botting/cheating/rmt was hurting Blizzard, they would put resources into shutting it down. The fact that they have been letting it go on for many months is all the proof you need.

4 Likes

:clown_face:

Post is so ridiculous, this is all I can respond with.

this sounds like what a crazy person would say