Biggest Shadowlands Fears

I was trying to find some of the old Legion patch announcements earlier this morning, when it occurred to me how worried I am for Hunters in Shadowlands.

The Blizzcon announcements that showed abilities coming back to Hunters showed “Hunter’s Mark.” Hunter’s Mark?!?!? Of all the threads I’ve read since patch 7.0.3, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread that said, “Please give us back Hunter’s Mark baseline.”

Yet, they show that as an example of un-pruning class design and moving talents back into baseline.

What is wrong with these people? Are they really this out of touch?

Then I read some of the pre-legion class overviews, and it occurred to me that the dev team can really screw up class design - again.

I am worried.

Anybody else have any big worries about class design in Shadowlands?

7 Likes

I may have never made a topic on it but I have said a number of times that they should bring back Hunter’s Mark baseline for all specs. It makes the Pandaria challenge tames easier (they were honestly designed for you to use Hunter’s Mark). It also has plenty of use in PvP, mainly to keep stealth classes revealed.

We are also getting back Kill Shot and Eyes of the Beast. I have seen plenty of times where people have wanted Kill Shot back. I personally don’t care about Eyes, but I know that there are many that do.

4 Likes

I’m fine with them bringing back Hunter’s Mark as a baseline ability for all specs.

As long as they remove the bonus to damage-portion from it’s design.
When it’s a baseline ability, it’s not like that bonus to damage will be an actual bonus anyway. It will be damage taken from our other abilities as a compromise.

They should make it entirely situational, with a design intended for stealth-prevention, for things like what you mentioned or for PvP.

2 Likes

My biggest fear with Shadowlands is that Bepples and Company will continue to litter the board with rage because survival is (thankfully) remaining melee.

:upside_down_face:

10 Likes

That’s another one they mentioned that was underwhelming. I don’t think that was one of the talents people asked about either. Posthaste should be baseline. Binding shot should be baseline. Explosive trap (as it was) should come back for all specs. Possible even Snake Trap and Scare Beast (which were both pretty fun). People have asked for those things, but the devs chose to feature “Hunter’s Mark” and “Eyes of the Beast.”

That seems very telling. Of all the abilities they could have highlighted, they highlighted the least requested.

You can be sure that they will do the opposite of this.

2 Likes

Guess you forgot Blizzcon already :upside_down_face:

Telling that the hunter community is delusional and wants to be superbuffed at baseline and doesn’t understand why that’s not going to happen. Armchair development, yeet yeet.
I’m personally happy eyes of the beast is coming back, I’m all about some flavor spells for goofing off. Rather have flavor than be overbuffed and attract rerolls.

Hunter’s Mark would be fine if it either had no damage bonus or it was off the GCD, otherwise I’d rather keep it as a talent.

People asked plenty for Eyes of the Beast. It’s a fun flavor spell, I don’t mind. I’d rather see more stuff like Kill Shot and less stuff like EotB in the future though.

3 Likes

I dont think they’ll do the type of damage boost like Hm used to have, so IMO it’d be best if HM had only a 15-20% for the hunter only or smaller, but balanced with possibly a limited duration.

This. This right here is my exact concern.

3 Likes

yep.
Another reason why my ESO accounts are on standby.

4 Likes

How about give marksman back chimera shot, make binding shot a stun again, give us freezing arrow, trap launcher because it takes 100 years for a trap to land depending how far you throw it, give back aspect if the iron hawk cause MM is TOO squishy for us to be mail wearers, and raise the Lock n Load procs to 20%

7 Likes

and give Survival one more decent spell for a rounded rotation. Doesnt need to be anything big…just some mediocre filler will do…

2 Likes

Yeah.
/10char

3 Likes

Biggest problem with HM right now is that it costs a GCD and multiple target switches lead to significant downtime. If it works like it did in the past where it auto-applies when you use your rotational abilities then it would be fine. Of course i’d still like it as its own button for PvP reasons.

Giving HM baseline also frees up a talent spot on a very boring row for MM. Hopefully we get something cool.

Overall I think class design hit rock bottom in BfA, it can only get better from here.

1 Like

biggest fear is MM being ignored and a failed spec for another 2 years. still remember how it took all of BFA beta for them to reduce aimed shots 3 sec cast time.

7 Likes

Honestly, SV’s rotation(s) 're based around RS/MB and KC as fillers for different purposes. I think that the Specs need something to add a little complexity back to Hunters; instead of 3-5 ability spammers.

1 Like

If they plan on keeping it melee KC needs to be changed to flanking strike

5 Likes

Dude, for MM, that’s the only talent we choose from their talent tier. That’s not something hunter players asked for out loud, but it was the only talent we choose from that tier.

2 Likes

It could be changed so when you used it, you could dash towards the target or get something to change it like that.

Personally I mostly used “Eyes of the Beast” for scouting purposes in both PVP and PVE back in the day.