Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

They just added a preview for 9.1.5

I think it’s curious they chose to show the new void elf hair colours on their blue skin models. Also… no black or white and no new hair styles. The demands will continue :sigh:

1 Like

There is no fel esque application.
'tis just an association that the Kirin’tor puts on the fire element of the arcane, but there is nothing fel about the Blood Elven Blood Magi’s predominantly fire magic.

Anywho, on to the actual ‘Blood’ mages

For the Horde you have Bloodmage Lynnore, who you encounter in the Catalysm revamp of the Blasted Lands. She actually uses blood magic. Kasim Sharim is the gnome counterpart.

Then we have the Defias Blood Wizard, encountered in the Defias Brotherhood Catalysm Revamped Dungeon.

And the Bleeding Hollow Clan still uses a lot of blood magic.

No Mogu golems or anything involved here.

Blood Wizard were also a thing back in WC3.

Mehlar was once a paladin pupil of the legendary Uther the Lightbringer, and a veteran of many battles against the Scourge.

Do you know when a Blood Elf could have been a paladin pupil of Uther the Lightbringer? Before Quel’thalas was desecrated and Uther was killed. Thus Mehlar was still calling himself a High Elf back when he first became a paladin. But as said, it is true that paladins were not exactly a big thing with High Elves - but light worship still was. And High Elves not being fully known within the Silver Hand is understandable, as the High Elven Kingdom never was much interested in the Alliance to begin with.

Aren’t you just moving goalposts?

Blood Magic has been shown to be able to enhance physical attributes, teleport people, attach limbs and resurrect the dead.

I think you are being confused about just how much I actually know about this crap, and how indepth I am in this.

Blood magic is just a form of tortured life magic. Blood magic is about using blood… in magic.

Lor’themar Theron says: Blood as a power source - a very powerful form of life magic. The work of the titans, perhaps? How does it work?

I see little reason to shift goalposts in regards to what Blood Magic is.
It is pretty much stated and is not at all vague.

They may be trolling, but this is what I fear will happen to obviously horde centric ideas.

1 Like

From: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Game Manual, page 10:

Despite their name, blood elven blood mages are not actually users of blood magic, as they use the fire and heat of what some fear to be demonic magic.

Demonic as in Fel, maybe? it makes sense when you look at Chronicle´s cosmical diagram and find Fel and Life share one half of it linked by Light.

Dear, the ONLY kind of Blood Magic that´s relevant in the case of the Belves is pretty much the one related to the Dark Animus a.k.a. those Blood Golems we see in any miliraty incursion involving Belves since Thunder Isle. The other stuff you mention is pretty much irrelevant.

Well, yes… pretty much what I said. In this case the source isn´t the same “anima” that we´re currenty dealing with in Shadowlands, but it´s own different thing.

As you correctly mention: tortured LIFE. As in, the cosmological entity. Arcane is NOT life, ergo not as simple as saying “yet another application of Arcane” (cause I doubt Gurubashi Trolls nor Bleeding Hollow Orcs had “mages” in the same way we know them for the rest of the races. For these races the people responsible for the “Blood Manipulation” weren´t mages, those were Shamans).

Maybe the difference comes from the “Element” of the “Elemental Plane” the individual manipulates? The life mutations can come from Spirit manipulation (remember Draenor had so much spirit that was why the Botani went out of control the way they did), while the undead manipulation comes from Decay manipulation? (or was it state? Decay is confusing).

Lol, the fact this stuff only started to become “relevant” nowadays says everything about the pettiness these people have over the Belf and Horde fans.

Also somebody should go and tell those people that the Sunwell irradiates the freaking planet in the same measure, ergo if Sylvanas never dropped in pain when she visited before, the Dark Rangers nor the San´layn won´t drop either anytime soon (better yet: the San´layn NPCs look like DK PC´s, so they want another clone of the Belf aesthetics?).

Also for the link you posted… EU forums have 104 comments and only 2 mention the customizations, but sure Helf RP options “will save the Alliance” (and to complain over no blak hair on Velves /ROFL… also called it, they copy/pasted Belf colorations and called it a day). Will check the US thread to see.

2 Likes

You’ll find that it’s the Americans who have the biggest complaints and lists when it comes to void elf customizations

1 Like

I´m more curious about how many posters between the general population actually care for the customizations per se… casue as far as EU demostrated, not so much.

Most people focused in the gameplay aspects of the incoming 9.1.5 patch. As expected.

Yes. It’s just shameless, imo.
But I think they’re riding on blizz’s desire to cater to them atm.

4 Likes

I would literally gag of laughter if it turns out the natural colours are restricted to their void elf blueish tints. It won’t happen, but a girl can dream

1 Like

Literally. Also zero surprises here related to how the “new” customizations for NB are but worthless, cause the issues of the model are still pretty much present.

No, the devs will literally dedicate themselves to spent the time to fix Belf jhair textures on Velves and import jewerly as the “gamebreaking” customization for Nightborne.

/sighs

2 Likes

Looks like that gag of laughter will have to be stifled.

They’re even looking into tentacle toggles.

Anyways, hope you guys get what customizations you want for Blood Elves whenever their next customization pass is!

2 Likes

Oh I hadn’t put this troll of a poster on ignore yet. Thanks for reminding me!

5 Likes

BuT i´M nOt A tOxIc PoStEr!?! /pikachu face

Dude… always wonderful to see you making a clown out of yourself in here.

Omg, first time he says something semi-decent!!!

I´ll call that a coincidence.

3 Likes

And wanting to have a gag of laughter if some silly restrictions were put in place for the upcoming options isn’t toxic? Oh please.

Nope, after all she didn´t travel all the way to your echo chambers to bait your fanclub.

You did, ergo… congrats in proving yourself toxicity incarnated in this thread. And your posts something one shouldn´t care for as long as the only thing you´re gonna say is some version of “buut, buut!! Belfer No. 63216435156 deserves to get dogpiled!!”

Nobody looking to get Belf fans dogpiled here dude… some measure of self awareness would had told you that since the start.

I´ll quote myself yet again to repeat (maybe if I do it ad nauseaum you´ll finally understand?):

Implying browsing related forum topics is some great effort. Oh yes, because she only said it here that makes it completely non-toxic ofc :roll_eyes: /s

Again, report button is there for a reason if you believe it so.

I always believe that lore must be respected. as I want farstrider tattoos in blood elves because it is part of their lore, it seems normal to me that void elves have green eyes there are npcs blood elves in telogrus.

light kills undeads that is lore knowledge.
undeath is not thematic blood elf, blood elves have arcane, ranger and light themes.
I wish that nightborne and blood elves had arcane hands like the nightborne of suramar

WAS lore knowledge… until Calia the lore abomination made her appearance.

Nowadays Light only “hurts the non privileged”.

Blood magic can cause mutations A.K.A. the same effects zombies get visually and that IS part of the Magister RP experience and the lore.

Were does it sday in the lore that red eyes are only for zombies, hmm?

Don´t care about this for Belves, but NB should deffinitely get this AND the pretty arcane hair effects.

calia is a light undead.
do you want light sanlayn? instead of eating people they would eat light. I would really feel disgusted and scared to live in the same place as a cannibal

Yes, with blood magic you can create monsters like the crocodile people of Pandaria that there is with that?
Should magisters be able to create monsters like dragonhawk people?

Anything that keeps us FAR AND AWAY from they Holy Light BS Alliance church. Cause that is a one-way ticket to give the Helfers ammo for their “Bluud elves un Hurde was a mistake, gimme muh NeUtRaL Silvermuun!!”.

4 Likes