Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

nothing better than customization lightforged customization that lore would be impossible to have! much more in keeping with lore. than to have cannibals that could eat us, let’s remember that they ate horde soldiers in BFA.
I wouldn’t let a cannibal killer live in my house.

Fel needs a sexy comeback. Blood Elves were the coolest in BC and I don’t enjoy the pious-ification they have been going through.

Yes, let the light be a theme, but I don’t want the BE roots -the reason why so many of us love them on the first place- to fade away.

4 Likes

Agree with all this.

They were elves that took what they wanted. Now they’ve been de-clawed more and more over time to a more ‘generic elf’ sense.

But this is WoW and often it feels like lore takes a backseat.

1 Like

you are confused with the elves of kaelthas who are dead

I´m afraid I´m gonna shatter your dreams, but Belves had NEVER been “Lightforged” in the “Holy Light” anywhere in the lore. The only Holy Light weeb present is Liadrin herself, but the rest of the race? pretty much the pragmatic lot of post WC3: TFT.

If this had been true A) The Belves would had ran to hide under the petticoats of the Human Overlords in Thunder Isle and wouldn´t had touched the Dark Animus, not even with a 100 ft pole B) would have NOT rolled with War of Thorns, period.

/yawns :sleeping: :yawning_face: :sleeping:

Why only Fel? you know, this is why I kinda feel disappointed with you people and your obssesion with limiting the Belf race to their TBC state or GTFO.

I get you guys dig nostalgia, but not all of us do. And I rather my race gets closer to 100% benefits from the rich lore it has, ergo: Arcane RP player experience and Blood Magic RP player experience and Nature RP player experience and Fel RP player experience and yes, light RP player experience.

That´s the difference between Belves and the rest of the elf races, the Belves don´t shy from ANY magical school as long as this is an advantage for them (ergo why Void had to go: cause it was hazardous, not because Liadrin and the Long Eared humans felt it "went against their -pretty much nonexistant- “Holy Light Church” dogma or something).

Belves, like Nelves have a broad scope of options to pick (Arcane, Life, Light, Fel and -if the story would support it- even potentially Death for Belves; meanwhile Nelves are Arcane, Life, Light -yes, remember Elune?-, Void and after BfA potentially Death for Nelves. Sun themes for Belves, Moon themes for Nelves, and so on…).

Dude, what is DH? Also, as long as it´s not done using stupid lololore like you know, Calia´s, i suppose the devs can work with something. Hard NOP if this translates to stupid narratives like “Sunwell Plateau Felblood who hid under a rock and appeared one day to join!!”. NO, implement with grace or better do nothing of the sort, I won´t have 10+ years of GOOD lore ruined just to appease people who can`t look further than pretty wings, period.

Officially, yes Fel is heavily frowned upon on Quel´thalas (and with good reason).

1 Like

I’m not in any of them. Haha. :yum: :yum: :yum:

You are remembering correctly my dear. :blush: :blush: :blush:

3 Likes

where do you think the golden eyes come from? the light

Yes, but NOT because no Sunwell lightforged nonsense,. but by good ´ol Light Weeb practice, ergo why only Liadrin so far has them in game and the devs said those wouldonly appear for Paladin and Priests NPCs.

Fel needs the sexy comeback because IT IS the aspect of BE themes that has been thrown to the wayside. Reintegrating DH’s would serve pretty well on that front.

It’s really a bummer that you end up extrapolating SO MUCH STUFF one isn’t actually saying to just rant about everything.

But YES, what BE’s need is to showcase how they are masters of all magic, thus having an integrated army that uses all the tools in the shed -maybe not void- would be great.

Power is Power, and I think that’s what Blood Elves need to portray.

Do you remember why it was “thrown to the wayside”?

Is not only about screaming GIMME, GIMME!!!, is about asking for stuff that makes sense. And for the comeback to look “sexy” instead of moronic, the story supporting it has to be SOLID.

Currently, there´s no solid story explanation on why Belves would be happy to open their arms towards the Elves that went a step further than Kael´thas and had no issue with a demon destroting their hard earned nation. I´m not sure the Illidari alone can serve to explain this, but I agree they make for a better case than “Sunfury that look like demons and nobody cared ever lolololol” kindergarden level writting BS.

Have been doing so consistently since TBC guys, you just need to pay attention.

No extrapolation dude, if you only mention Fel how am I supposed to read your posts and understand from it youy are open to other magical venues for the race?

In that sense, your post was no better than Khairan´s… only focused of “Fel”, ergo what was I supposed to understand, hmm?

Next time verbalize less niche terms.

That’s the whole point, to showcase that Fel isn’t inherently evil and that power is power, and as such, it depends on the wielder. With the continued push that no cosmic power is truly good or truly evil, it would be swell to see Fel used in a positive context again.

Nah. Each expansion BE’s keep being focused more on the light than anything, that, and blood magic that remains both nebulous and beyond player reach.

Or you could just stop jumping the gun all the damn time. All you see are bad faith arguments, and it’s tiring.

blood elf npc
-wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/838537-silvermoon-blood-knight.jpg
-wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/838537-silvermoon-blood-knight.jpg

I mean… This is a paladin man. That jives with where the gold eyes would show up.

I actually just went over this stuff the other day from the CDev 2 and 3 and the information about the Golden eyes.

Blood Elves should be seeing blue eyes return unless they are faithful to the Light to a significant degree OR they have found some other power source that might lead to another color.

3 Likes

Remind me again how “cosmic powers aren´t eVuL” have worked in the Horde narrative, again?

I mean, devs even managed to postray our Shamans as “evil” in MoP while they pretty much ignored Kul Tirans acting no better than a Dark Shaman.

No, on Horde there´s a literal historical record of thems pulling their themes and perverting them to justify the new-new-new faction War.

With the exception of WotLK, which saw the MAGES of the Sunreavers make their only cameo (you know, before Aethas became a joke character).

And the exception too of Cataclysm, which saw rogues and magisters (again!!) making their appearance in the form of the Reliquary. And Halduron deffinitely DID NOT appeared in Cata neither! /sarcasm.

Guess which was the military leader that was ABSOLUTELY ABSENT from MoP, hmm? and I don´t remeber any “muh Huly Light!!!” nonsense in that expac even with Blood Knight NPCs being part of both Escalation and Thunder Isle?

Legion literally erased the Horde from narrative existence with the exception of Magisters and Blood Knights in Suramar (and funny, no “muh Holy Light” BS neither there!!); with aheavier focus in the Arcane aspect.

And BfA only saw Military excursions in Nazmir (with guess what? yes, no Holy Light focus whatsoever, shocking i tell you!!!) AND Lor´themar cameo in Nazjatar. and that was all.

Which leave us with only WoD to give some cameo to Holy Light nonsense, but sure:

Not my fault you guys saw Talador and decided that wasthe end of Belf lore.

Devs have literally baited us THREE times with this concept, I don´t think it is as “nebulous and beyond player reach” as you guys think (cause simply put it, if the devs bnelieved this wasn´t relevant, we wouldn´t get freaking Belves playing with Anima Golems any chance they can in-game. We would see Belf Paladins acting like an army of Turalyons).

What I see are excuses to catter to “muh nostalgia” and nothing else. Typical.

Or you could idk, verbalize properly. Look at this post alone, you literally invented a narrative -that doesn´t exist as proven by the actual IN-GAME content- and dismissed the only potentially unique aspect of magical practicioning the Belves have in favor of… going to TBC forthe lols.

No bad faith, you guys are just as transparent as you don´t think you are, period.

Ty Fen, wonderful contributions as usual.

1 Like

I actually owe Sara and Cal I think for me having looked it up. They kept telling me I was wrong and actually spurred me to go look it up again to make sure I wasn’t crazy. lol

Tarrok and Zandrae found the info for me though. I’m terrible at looking that stuff up sometimes.

Good for you that decided to actually think out of the box and not find ways to perpetuate “but, muh WC2!!”.

Helfers in this thread say I “only see bad faith arguments on their posts”…and then they literally ignore the current lore and the in-game content to push their own biased incomplete takes on the Belf race. Well, next time they should take page from your book and look further than their preconceived headcanons. They should pay attention to the stuff that is in the game if they´re supposedly legitimately interested for reals.

Sorry, I´m not enamoured with the idea of reducing Belf story potential just to catter to people that I´ve heard disparaging the implementation of the Belf race for more than 10 years and that portray a borderline unhealthy fixation with nostalgia, the fact alone they look for ways to ignore EVERYTHING about the actual Belf lore and only focus in the parts convenient for their agendas yes, doesn´t erase my worries about their intentions, quite the opposite this makes them bigger.

1 Like

Note the ‘some fear to be demonic magic’
Not ‘drawing upon demonic magic’ or ‘which is demonic magic’

I am getting a little tired of this.
I obviously know that the normal Blood Elf Blood Mage does not actually use Blood Magic. But we have a literal Bloodmage who is a Blood Elf, and I did post her name here.

Bloodmage Lynnore still exists, a Blood Elf using actual Blood Magic way before the Dark Animus came into existence.

And as you correctly, or incorrectly who can really say, the Blood Elves did not have paladins before TBC. Yes, Blood Magic is not arcane but tortured life, so sure… give the druids a fifth spec - Blood Magic. Nah, Blood Magic is pretty much a good school for a mage.

Beats the “this was totes the same Blood Magic used by Trolls and Orcs”, my man.

i know, you ant to poach Blood as a “Mage thing”, but I think this is unfair to Shamans and any other class that could be using this kind of magic.

Does she? After WoD her state is “unknow” in-game.

And why does she take precedent over a whole patch of content and Belf lore, hmm?

Also, let´s check her dialogue:

“Blood magic is shunned by many as a dark and forgotten art. In that and many other ways, it shares some distinct characteristics with demonic magic. Here, in the demon-scourged remains of the Black Morass, we believe that our blood studies will flourish.”

So… Fel inspired. Btw, she existed since TBC, to take the player to meet Loremus a DEMON HUNTER. Funny how words like “demonic” and class combos like “demon hunters” keep appearing. Don´t remember any of this stuff in regards to Orcs nor Trolls.

Sure,is not as if they literally despise thismagical school sans Horde aligned races and the Belves post MoP (I mean even the Pandaren complained back then).

Tell you ehat: go make your “Blood magic for 4th mage spec” thread instead of trying to look for reasons to deny Belves of customization they should get as per lore narratyive reasons, yes?

We do have Blood’mages’ for a reason.
Shamans do not matter.

And Blood magic is blood magic.

I do not care for redundant details, she is dead or not, does not matter. A Blood Elf bloodmage was or is and regardless of status the magic was thus taught.

Funny how “share characterstics” and “Some fear to be” becomes synonymous with “Is definitely demonic magic”

Nah. But it does share distant characteristics.

I am saying those customization options should not exist exactly because of lore reasons. Felblood Elves are not at all aligned with Horde or Alliance, as mentioned, they were 100% Legion, driven mad with power by the abnormal amount of fel copium they snorted. Have you ever seen a red orc joining the Horde? No, I thought not - because they don’t. They have no alligiance beyond their demonic masters, that is just plain and simple and we have been given absolutely no reason to think otherwise.

Same can not be said for bloodmages or for Demon Hunters.

So spare me the bullcrap and let us have some suggestions of proper customization options for Blood Elves.

So you say a blood mage proper NPC -whose continued existence in the game is in question as of right now- and an expac worthy of lore development “are the reason why those customizations options should not exist exactly because of lore reasons”?

This makes no sense. Take in mind that when I ask for Blood Magic customization options, i think about stuff that can be implemented taking into account the lore info related to the Dark Animus AND other examples of Blood Magic practicioning (like mutations. Ariok didn´t go back to his regular Orc form after eating that spell back in WoD).

Some of those customizations can be inspired in yes, the Felblood NPCs, cause this is preferable to get stupid lore as “lululul Sunfury always looked like demons and nobody cared!!” BS that DO contradicts current canon lore.

It´s just a way to work around a narrative issue using current canon lore tools, you see?

FYI Demon Hunters are only faithful to their own club and nobody else.

Blood Mages have never been aknowledged as a “good thing” in the Alliance narrative like ever.

Let me guess, do those encompass Lightforged stuff to death or GTFO? Cause sorry to burst your bubble, but Belves are waaay more than the stupid Paladin niche some players pretend to reduce them to.

Blood Magic exist as just another magical school the Belves use in their nation, period. I don´t care if this hurts your “but MUH nonexistant nor canonical Blood Mage Spec!!” wish, that´s literally a you issue and nothing more.

Go make your thread and get an actual feedback on it, leave us the ones that worry for Belf customizations to well, take care of that issue.