Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I can definitely respect your sense of integrity and parity on this particular point :ok_hand:

Indeed. I too really like the idea of Blood Elves using Blood Magic, which does actually date back to vanilla, then elaborated a bit in Cataclysm, where there were NPCs in the Blasted Lands utilizing it and they resurrected a Demon Hunter iirc?

So Blood Elves have been at this for a while and they acquired more technology and magic to utilize Blood Magic in Mists and BFA, so this should definitely continue imo, both in the lore and in customizations so that Blood Elves don’t become one dimensional with the Light and Sunwell, not that I mind those themes myself, I just like variety.

:100:

I am down for anything that helps cement the Blood Elves place in the Horde visually and am grateful for any and all customizations or ideas for this :hugs:

3 Likes

Half elves should be their own race so they can get proper treatment then simply another thallassian clone (own poses, body structure, art et.)

As ariel said, undeads themes should be forsaken, but we also have the issue of the immersion of players playing a paladin looking either undead/demonish (fel blood elves where becoming demons) which is another can of worms as both types feels pain from the light and makes little sense to be paladins.

I remember a time where yellow eyes was the predominate thing for undead.

Although I personally think it all depends on the shade of red used to determine this theme as well.

Blood elves where always the ones to experiment on magic. Makes me wonder if there was dialogue in wrath about blood elves and the (at the time) discovery of runic magic? (hadn’t played horde wrath quests)

The Sunreavers, aside from Koltira were very largely the only representation of Blood Elves back in Wrath, ergo most of their activity in Northrend revolved around Dalaran and the Argent Tournament.

Runic magic as the Iron Dwarves used it never made it onto their radar unfortunately and any runic magic the Blood Elves know would primarily be related to their use of the Arcane and Demonic magics, possibly nature and/or necromancy.

Dropping in once again post my support of tattoos and scars for Blood Elves.

I’m taking a break from the forums because I’m pretty cross with Blizzard over the recent controversy and am even moreso at the jerks defending the behavior. So I’m taking a break so I don’t say mean things to the jerks like call them stunning and brave.

6 Likes

could do redeemed felblood instead, where the wings and tats are brighter colors, more in keeping with belf themes. i made a not so good art of the idea, called it sunelf
remember the mana hair some nightborne npcs had in legion? same idea but in more gold colors/sunny colors

1 Like

The most interesting fact surrounding Belf “brand” of Blood Magic is the fact the Vanilla / Cataclysm era deffinition pointed to this magic school as some derivate of the old “Fel” manipulation practices; which means maybe instead of saying the demonic corrupted morons that we killed en masse in Sunwell Plateau suddenly survived for the lols -destroying a decade of Belf lore in the process just to give a pretty pair of wings to people that only value the cosmetics, nor the narrative-, maybe we can say their earlier Blood Magic attempts DID cause some of the mutating factors like the wings.

“But Ariël!! Blood Magic doesn´t cause permanent mutations!!” Well… Dire Orcs and Dire Blood Trolls say “Hi”.

After Thunder Isle, the old “Blood Magic is some weid alternative venue to regular Fel magic manipulation” could be combined with the regular “The Animus facilitates organic manipulation by proxy of using the Blood of a titan watcher”. And this means Blood Magic as manipulated by the Belves suddenly has the potential to become a combination of these two premises. Include the Mag´har Orcs joining the Horde -and by proxy Bleeding Hollow survivors interacting more closely with Belves- in BfA and the potential of the development increases even further.

Regarding the Light and the Sunwell, I think people conciously or unconciously overvalues the weight of these concepts in the actual narrative of the Belf race. Different to the Lightforged Draenei, the Belf culture doesn´t revolve around the idea of a “Holy Sunwell”. They don´t “pray” to the Sunwell to help them, for them the Sunwell is merely the most convenient battery available ever, and they rather don´t lose it… that´s as far as they care for it (they don´t care for it for metaphysical reasons, but for practical ones). Likewise, apart from the “religious” specs, nobody on the Belf race seems to give two censored word over the actual “Light” concept. Heck, even as far back as post WC3:TFT, the Helves / Belves saw the practical utility of the Light but didn´t seem overly worried over the metaphysical aspects of it (ergo, Kael´thas making a remark regarding Liadrin over them “actually appreciating one more healer” in BotH instead of making asseverations over the Light “saving their souls” like Uther does in SL).

I suppose Pally / Priest Belf mains find the idea of their class combos becoming the “movie stars” between the rest of the class combos awesome, but I personally find this notion reductive and lack of self aware… in the actual lore these class combos aren´t more or less important for Belf culture than Mages / Warlocks or Hunters / Rogues / Monks / Warriors are. They are just another military faction at the service of Quel´thalas, no more and no less.

Glad to be of service, then :wink:

4 Likes

Scars and Tattoos / Warpaint are like the basic stuff whe should have gotten instead of the jewerly tbqh. Cause as “pretty” as the armbands look, they kinda don´t say anything thematically speaking about the Belves. Those don´t talk about the hardships nor the culture, they are just one basic horrible way to classify the race as “superficial and invested only in the material stuff” (quite the suspicious ignorant anti -Belf vision if you ask me, but then again the devs were more worried over cube crawling and sexist jokes -and the Belves are the race with the Barbie/Ken doll model aesthetic- than fulfilling their actual jobs, so…).

Omg, so Light inspired Felblood elves?

Thanks, I´ll pass from that ever more reductive trainwreck. I rather we device ways to get the “pretty wings” in ways that don´t limit them further tyvm.

2 Likes

It must be nice having customization options.

2 Likes

You NEED both an actual customization thread (I promise I´d participate on it, consideirng my poor two NB toons) AND to be the first ones to get an actual customization pass.

Most of the petitions are basically translating the NPCs aesthetics to the playable model, but I think you guys would do well withy the inclusion of other “arcane” colors and not being limited to white/silver… heck, unfortunately the “Elune” tattoos are so Nelfy related, cause visually they would had been great for Nightborne.

Also, actual pastel hair colors that are noticeable by the irl human eye, please. And actual black hair or at least a darker shade of gray.

Late to the party but considering the videos posted above, what do you think about these suggestions (watch from minute 1:17 onwards):

Personally I kinda don´t dislike this approach. It looks perfectly mixed for Half elves (My God is this artist AMAZING!!!).

2 Likes

Imgur

eagletalon set is ok but imagine if we actually got farstrider attire for transmog

7 Likes

Would be nice for a lot of customization options they promised.

3 Likes

Hey lets just ruin everything and give all wow races all customizations so everyone looks same and then 1% of playerbase will stop complaining about customizations ! Simple!

You can’t complain you dont have customization if there are no differences ! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

You’re responding to a person asking for scars.

Here’s what they said for context.

What are you even talking about with this nonsense you’ve decided to drop here?

At least have the stones to quote what you’re responding to so others don’t have to go back a few hundred posts.

Coward.

3 Likes

How you feel about void elves look exactly like blood elves? do you feel special anymore that your character was copy pasted ? should we also give void elves all hair styles from blood elves too? I mean they look alike so why hairstyles matter.

Tell you what, you look around and see how I feel.

I’ll help.

Here’s my thread.

The poster you responded to and this thread is about expanding blood elf options.

Many of which are common sense things. For instance scars or tattoos.

Don’t know what your deal is but if you can’t see why basically every race could or should have tattoos and scars then you’re just trying to be blind.

5 Likes

So how do you feel about void elves looking exactly like blood elves? should we also give them all hair styles ? I mean they are exactly same

Don’t much see any reason they need to look exactly like Blood Elves.

Blizzard gave us the same model though so depending on your point of view that ship sailed ages ago and thats something you need to square with.

Our hairstyles are currently not the same. Don’t see any real reason they need to be either.

You do know this thread is about Blood Elves and their customizations though right?

No need to include Void elves here…

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve heard rumors such places actually exits. How do I get there?

One of the forum mods was a massive nerd and locked the thread before I could respond

Anyway

Heavens bless your soul for having the patience to teach middle school

3 Likes