Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Haha oh hey! Thanks. I actually really like missing school.

2 Likes

Yes but people above clearly wants them to look same. Vote to make all wow races look alike, just 1 race so no one gets to see difference ! no differences no complains!

Me too, school is for nerds

2 Likes

Damn phone. And also damn sausage fingers. :joy:

1 Like

Oh hey I see the hated human warrior was finally yeeted from the server I’m on due to bad behavior.

Also. Give tattoos.

1 Like

Yea, like Nightborne, which Blizzard forgot about.

2 Likes

They didn’t forget. They initially weren’t giving any customizations to allied races this expac. Void elves got what they did because they share a model with Belves.

2 Likes

we need to make our requests heard! They are giving more personalization to the void elves! blood elves need tattoos and scars at least

3 Likes

Looks like we’re losing more individuality and getting nothing in return a second time.

The only way to get Blizzard to give us stuff is to have a sustained spam tantrum. So everyone should make a thread about what they want for their Blood Elves.

I still want tattoos and scars.

7 Likes

At the very least a post a day here?

Quick find something to argue over!

Metal is better than hip-hop.

3 Likes

Eyebrow slider, same goes with night elves. They are hilariously large especially when paired with certain gear and helmets.

3 Likes

Honestly I’ve been playing final fantasy more than wow lately.

In Final Fantasy my elf can have scars, tattoos/face paint, and glasses in shapes other than round and half circle.

4 Likes

I do hope we get those here.

I do wonder why blizzard stopped at just recolors of the same style.

Wonder how long recolors take for them.

Okay. So I can answer the question of how long it takes.

Being generous it takes one person an hour for something like glasses to make a new texture from scratch or almost scratch.

Being realistic?
Under a minute to move the hue/saturation slider in the layered Photoshop file and export.

Even I know how to set up Photoshop files with layers to let me change these things with minimal effort. They’re a good standard and practice. I highly doubt Blizzard art employees don’t know what I know how to do.

2 Likes

So in theory, shouldn’t take them long to make several more types and then a fair number of colors if they wanted?

I imagine there must be a process they have to go through to get those items sorted, approved and slated for an update or patch.

But otherwise shouldn’t take long?

Modeling a pair of glasses might take a few hours because they probably have to make a different model or tweak it for each race.

But I don’t expect that to take more than maybe 40 hours and that’s being generous.

Especially because they can probably open the geometry for the existing glasses and make… A square or rectangle instead of a circle.

They might have to redo part of the UV files (textures) depending on how it’s laid out.

definitely need to take a page from fens book for sure. i think youve been the most consistent bumper for those threads over the last few years. what will you do now :thinking:

the minimum we have to have are magister / farstrider tattoos and scars

4 Likes

The little amount of work it takes to slap a texture onto a model, especially hair that’s been the same for a decade, is very little.

Adding new options for a race and breaking apart existing groupings can be… But not enough to say completely destroy a schedule on other projects. Adding tattoos, scars, beards, make-up, freckles, beauty marks are extremely elementary. Feathers, jewelry, anything that adds new objects onto the model is going to take more time, but once again not incredibly time intensive.

Customizations were so slapdashed at the end they only got 6 races done. And the customizations really felt like an after thought of "oh right, we said we’d do that at Blizzcon. "

3 Likes