I wonder what percentage of WoW players got fully vaccinated?

One hospital stay in intensive care can run up bills over a million bucks. Do you think the insurance companies or the hospitals, doctors and nurses are going to eat that cost. Heck no.

Might be a grim thing to mention but doctors and nurses putting in overtime are probably going to have another great year for taxable income in 2021.

1 Like

I dont get the hate. I seen people going crazy on health officials tonight in Texas over masks in school again. It’s pretty evident we got problems again eventually all this crap is gonna wreck the economy altogether all the free money given hospitals overfilled you can’t just keep rolling along like this thinking hey its gonna be fine.

1 Like

I really just don’t see how Covid is any different from any other virus strain that hits the population of the world on a regular basis.

We didn’t have nation wide lock downs for a year plus over swine flu when that came out and caused disasters, we don’t shut down yearly for the flu running it’s regular yearly course through the world.

It just seems weird to me how rushed everything is, how locked down everything is, and how draconian some countries have gotten around a virus that doesn’t seem much different than things we’ve run into before.

It’s already mutating and causing previous vaccines to be significantly less effective against new strains, and it’s going to continue to mutate, just like the Flu.

I don’t understand the hysteria. If immunocompromised people get the Flu they can suffer serious complications and die as well, but we aren’t in a constant state of shut down and suppression mode for the Flu.

Are we gonna continue to shut down over and over again every time the virus decides to mutate? I sure as heck hope not. Covids likely going to be just another illness we’re constantly stuck with until we can find some way to eradicate viruses completely.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/shafercw/status/1425729911994478595

If this answers your question.

I am from Australia and have only had my first AZ shot… our government seriously botched the handling of COVID on every level… quarantine, vaccinations, lockdowns… they literally didn’t even authorize/endorse AZ until very recently.

Basically state governments blame federal… federal says its up to state government.

Funny fact. Your guild name was bought from us back in legion.

I get it but if I can steal your workers and run you out of business that 1 million dollars is going to be a drop in the bucket. Not to mention if you handle it correctly most businesses aren’t going have many issues to start with.

I print labels, which means when everyone else was locked down at home I was working overtime. Things only got busier for us and we had 1 case the entire time and we had no vaccines then and weren’t wearing masks because that was when they were saying they didn’t work.

1 Like

I’m imagining this thread getting necro’d in a few years when news comes out that these vaccines were pushed out too soon with not enough testing and people that got it are f*cked.

3 Likes

Gladys and Scomo got you bad, didn’t they?

But the media wants you to believe this. That’s the problem here. It’s a Us VS Them to antagonize Unvaccinated people like the reason everything goes down. There are so many lies and unreleased data that I personally struggle to keep up with the dishonesty which comes from both sides. I give you an example for this:

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/some-actual-news

It’s manipulative propaganda and I really dislike how everyone falls for it.

2 Likes

If a disease spreads easily it’s usually low mortality, if a disease has a high mortality it’s usually difficult to transmit. If a disease were easily transmitted with a high mortality it would wipe out the host, when diseases go off that curve is when they worry (for example, ebola).

Let’s take the figure of 0.3% mortality that is floating around, multiply that by 7 billion and you come up with 21 million deaths (roughly the size of the entire state of New York). This isn’t just a health scare, but the problem is it was used for political ends so now people distrust the issue. Yeah, some people took advantage of the situation but they didn’t create it.

All of this belies deeper issues in our healthcare system, we shouldn’t blame each other.

1 Like

I teach middle school ELA! :slight_smile:

(Deleted. I decided I don’t want to debate with a brick wall.)

I anticipate there’ll be an opposite effect. As this drags on, companies with employee mandates will attract more customers compared to companies that don’t mandate. Because people will want the added security.

United Airlines announced they will mandate vaccinations for all employees. Delta and American will not. Guess which airline is probably going to get new customers.

Not to mention, insurance companies are really going to apply pressure for mandates. Because otherwise they’re going to have to increase insurance premiums through the roof to cover all the costs of covid treatment. Businesses and employees are not going to want to deal with those increased costs.

1 Like

Can we talk about a topic that doesn’t get people arguing and doesn’t start big philosophical debates?

Like stem cell research

1 Like

Remember when the big topics were which class was OP?

2 Likes