Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I’d like more shades for skin tones, and unlocking the jewelry to be used by all, if NEs are anything to go by I really don’t like the idea that the female model doesn’t get the body tattoos the guys got, and there is really no reason to hold accessories like tattoos or jewelry like that. And then NEs also have jewelry the guys again can’t use, hence why I look at their situation and I’m like I hope that changes for all races.

So when tattoos happen for Blood Elves I hope the weird way they have locked accessories / things both models should have options for is like lifted.

8 Likes

Someone in the LGBTQIA+ discord was talking about wow model viewer and how some features that were broken before now work.

It excited me slightly. Then I went to see how much it costs for Substance Painter. Seems that it’s now included in my copy of Adobe Creative Cloud provided through university.

What this means is that I can export a model, and all the UV files (textures) and then use my Photoshop, Substance, and 3d skills to actually paint the actual textures on the models and import them as extra textures in wow model viewer and see how they’d look in game.

… When I actually have energy which I don’t right now.

2 Likes

Oh thats sounds super cool! That sounds like way outta of my understanding :sob: I do use photoshop but for like totally different stuff, I’m excited to see what you come up with!!

Whenever you post it you’ll see a like from me :heart: :hugs: my sub runs out tomorrow so I won’t be able to comment here on how amazing it’ll be :pensive:, not sure when I’ll be back but definitely after my birthday month

1 Like

I would totally make a new hunter to use this alone.

Love it.

This is incredible

15 Likes

its wonderful…

3 Likes

The hairs :hot_face:

1 Like

The Undead and Felblood assets are what makes this video for me :hugs:

4 Likes

I’m hoping the creator of the video does a female blood elf one as well.

3 Likes

I want tattoos :sob:

5 Likes

Belf Druids!

More beards for Belf Males.

Might as well also give us Void Elf hairstyles since they stole ALL of our customizations.

7 Likes

Blood elf druid is what I want the most :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I’d volunteer to train Blood Elves to be druids.

7 Likes

But if you did that, you won’t get them blood elf shamans for ur half elf, half orc rp :laughing:

2 Likes

A worthy sacrifice!

I already have a belf warrior whose rped as a half orc. :stuck_out_tongue:

(hadn’t actually considered shaman class for that idea before really though… Kinda don’t mind it.)

To be honest I think if I had to choose between shaman and druid… I’d probably pick druid every time for belves.

5 Likes

Same. They were retconned from us, and we deserve them back! :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

BELF DRUID DUH DUDES :right_anger_bubble:

5 Likes

Funny enough, those two in particular is what does NOT makes this video for me. Also 100% NOPE in regards to the Human eyes, leave that for the Velves if you must (lorewise hybrids aren´t well perceived in Belf culture, ergo hard chance to see these kind of Human / Belf hybrids on Horde. Those work waaay better on the Alliance side of things lorewise speaking).

Some things are nice, but idk… the things I disagree with are the most visually shocking ones, so… no upvote from me this time around. The work of the artist is amazing, but there are things suggested that I simply can´t support.

1 Like

That’s fair as the Undead and Felblood options are definitely not everyone’s cup of tea.

I noticed in the other thread you mentioned Blood Magic as being the basis for red eyes and other assets, which would definitely be a great idea as well. A darker Crimson color like you see on other spell effects and npcs using them would definitely be welcome.

1 Like

Not only that, it is more than a little bit hypocritical to complain over Helfers wanting to clone the Belf model just to make a 180º and start asking for stuff that legitimately belongs to the Forsaken fans. We can´t complain over trying to preserve some modicum of visual uniqueness while we hypocritically poach stuff that simply put it, does not belong to the Belf race, period.

One´s convictions should be coherent always I think.

If we consider people wants some of those things (heck, let´s be real: they are literally overvaluing a red eye coloration and a whitish skin tone) merely to be of use as RP tools with NO actual lore strict evaluation (just like the pink skins on the Velf model are merely a RP tools to facilitate Helfer aesthetics in that model and NOT a narrative tool saying Velves suddenly became Helves one rando day), then we shouldn´t be the ones to put on the shackles of them and limit their implementation to niche NPC factions. Red eyes can have several explanations, not merely “red = death” (I know I made a pun, bad… bad Ariël!!!). And the more we can use the actual existing lore of the race to make it unique in it´s own way, the better. I´m 200% in favor of Blood magic as the explanation of the aesthetics because this school of magic is UNIQUE to the Blood elf race in regards to the rest of the elf races. And this means it becomes a vehicle to start differentiating the models with no chance for them to get mixed up once again (like the Void theme is unique for Velves).

Also, the fact this is a school of magic strongly cimented on the Horde faction translates as a huge bonus. After more than a decade I´m tired of people trying to tell me I don´t bvelong in the Horde. Sorry not sorry, Belves belong in the Horde, and no amount of QQ will erase this. If the race needs to visually portray this fact, then I´m all in for it.

4 Likes