Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I feel like playing both factions is the optimal way to play the game really. Just sticking to one side never suited me.

1 Like

I don’t want war in the Ghostlands. Especially since that would ruin the peacefulness of the spirits that reside there. And any updates to Belf territories should be for Belves. The thin guise of this is better for us really, when it’s really so others can have story in our stead is blinding.

3 Likes

Look carefully at this phrase. Try to RP as a Forsaken or an Orc in Arathi and come back here to tell me you enjoyed SO much the zone you happened to lose just to get slightly less ugly trees.

I´ll wait. Cause the reason you enjoy RPing in Arathi is because you use a HUMAN toon… as in the “winners” of the conflict. Ofc you like it, that´s a given.

THIS is the issue, is about actually putting yourself in the place of the person you are making the suggestions for, not making the suggestion thinking on the benefits YOU get out of the deal. The Belves literally gain NOTHING from getting one of their zones converted in an ode to Blizzard´s awful “faction war” writting, period. They just lose a zone and gget their turn to become the poster children for the villain bat, period.

I meant in the context of the “mUh SiLvErMoOn WaRfRoNt” petitions.

Races SHOULD get updates to their zones NOT TO portray how much they suck at protecting them but to show how they are improving in taking care of them. I have ZERO interests in “updated” Eversong / Ghostlands if the only thing I gain from it is to lose it so the zone becomes contested in favor of catterting to the Helfer humid dreams of “kicking the Belves incompetent butts cause lululul and MUH WC2!!!”.

I´m even warier of the writers of the game. In every “faction conflict” the Horde ends up paying the broken plates and the fault put on their shoulders. As a Horde player, i get told the stuff is my fault while the devs make my toons act like a Schizo out of meds.

Ghostlands would NOT be different.

Ergo, after BfA we can say the “usual way Blizz´s uses to update the stuff” works in favor of everybody BUT the actual fans of the zones involved, yes?

Why continue to use a strat that has received negative feedback just to put more polygons in a tree, again?

Sorry not sorry, as someone who deals eith quality control on a daily basis, to vouch for a process that WE know brings nothing but toxicity and rejection from the customers is foolish and anathema to actual improvement.

The zones can be improved to portray literally ANYTHING else than a Warfront, period.

I get mad at you cause you act with an absolute lack of self awareness and THIS is a selfish behaviour my man… is not about getting “any kind of attention”, is about getting the GOOD kind of attention. You think Orc players felt happy when WoD destroyed their lore and reduced their race to “warmonger idiots cause they were born like this”? (obliterating YEARS of investment?) You think forsaken players felt AWESOME in BfA when they lost their capitol, their zone, their most important toons and their beloved leader just to get thrown into a rando corner in Orgrimmar just to be told it was "their fault2 and they had to deal or else?

Not every kind of attention is good attention… the sooner you people get this through your tick skulls, the better.

Welcome to the reason why the playerbase is so separated nowadays.

2 Likes

Again, I must reiterate the context is that it seems that’s the only way Blizzard bothers revisiting the old zones. To keep doing the whole ‘warcraft thing’

It’d be fine if it didn’t involve war at all to update the zones.

they arent really gonna do that are they???

Then I don’t want it updated if the only way they’ll do it is to turn it into a warzone. I’d rather it be the nice, fairly creepy but peaceful place to level alts.

3 Likes

No there’s been no word of that.

3 Likes

I made a thread discussing this very topic if you or anyone else had any ideas.

You know I have more than just this character right? I feel like you just want to be mad at me even though I said ‘I was in the wrong’ and I get it.

I just don’t know really what to say to make you feel better about it. You’re clearly passionate about the cause. I’m not trying to push a selfish agenda here. I just wanted to posit a reason for why they would bother redoing a zone. It’s not the only way to do it. You can be mad at me, that’s on me for not putting forth a better idea, but I feel like it’s unfair to think I’m just being selfish when I keep trying to push the idea Blood Elves should get more attention in general.

1 Like

hehe! me too. lord knows i have like 20 belfs

The optics of this have to be understood. The Ghostlands is pretty much a burial ground for all the bodies left in Arthas’ wake. It’d be like someone putting a theme park over your family’s cemetery. That’s how it’d feel for a lot of Belves.

Eventually tragedy has to give way to rebuilding. I feel like leaving it a mess is more a disservice to the dead than rebuilding and honoring the ones who died by doing the one thing they can’t. Live.

whew. i think updated eversong, silvermoon and ghostlands would be lovely but not at the expense of mussing it all up. cata literally destroyed darkshore. terrible zone now.

1 Like

No it really does not. I wish people would find any other plot of land on Azeroth for their next war then at our doorstep, over the lands where the bones are still in the ground. It’s only been what 14 years? It hasn’t been that long. It’s not like it’s been centuries. Go pick someone else’s bones.

1 Like

Something incredibly respectful I’d be all for. But I feel like Azeroth has gotten too damaged by the War part of Warcraft. They are gonna need to start rebuilding, or there won’t be anything left to fight over.

1 Like

I mean then we’re at an impasse. I think it’s better if it was rebuilt and you don’t. That’s fine.

As for the warfront thing, I regret even bringing it up. I just wanted some reason for Blizzard do it because I feel like they never will. Clearly it’s not gonna sit right with people. That’s my mistake.

:point_up: :point_up:

Yeah I know I was late to the party there and posted before I saw that.

Guess I’ll just keep my ideas to myself then. Sorry.

Feel free to post them in my thread if you’d like :wink: