Best Option for TBC Is lvl 58?

I’d prefer if they made TBC a thing, they make it only 1-70 for the first week (that way we can have a few world firsts from one to 70), and then after that week everyone can copy their existing level 1-60 on classic WoW into TBC.

This way people don’t lose their character progress from Classic WoW and the levelers can really compete for the world first max level again.

1 Like

No gold inflation, no alt inflation, just pure tbc. Start at 58.

No thank you, 58 fresh is a bad idea.

1 Like

You can forget option 1, all of us have more than one 60, twink alts etc. having to Xfer them all off to appease TBC players who want to keep their classic loot and kick us off the server is a no go.

There is no best option.

Lol yeah lets kick off 90% of the players and not the minority perma classic players… you’re right /s

I don’t see anyone playing BC here, looks around. Maybe a majority of loudness from the content locusts who want to boot us all off our own servers and make us reroll fresh Classic characters so they can experience the “magic feeling” of going through the gates, well you can have that magic feeling on your own fresh BC server.

3 Likes

Classic Vanilla is one thing. TBC is another. I don’t see why transfers should be allowed. This ain’t 2007 where we need continuity because it’s new content. We’re getting reruns because people want to play them. We have a Classic player base and will also have a TBC player base. Keep them separate. Second option to start at level 58 (I’d prefer an option to 60 though) is the way to go.

2 Likes

You say on a 45 rouge… I’ve said it once ill say it again about people that want 58 fresh

People that have put in the time shouldn’t have to have all that time go up in smoke just because some people preach that it’s for the betterment of the game.

Botters will keep on botting
Gold sellers will continue to sell their gold
Gold buyers will continue to buy gold

Starting fresh does nothing, absolutely nothing, not until the core issue has been addressed and that is botters, gold sellers and gold buyers, fix that and then sure do a 58 fresh. i wouldn’t like it but I’d still play TBC even if it would be a fake experience going into Outland with a character that isn’t the one I’ve been playing since classic launch.

Personally, I like the idea of moving a classic toon to a BC realm, or being able to boost a new character to 58 and get started in TBC fresh. I think most classic players have two toons, so they can move one and keep the other back in classic, and if not, just boost a 58.

WoW classic should be its seperate thing . TBC should be its own game starting with fresh lvl 58 of your choice .

edit : What I mean is when you click on wow in bnet desktop app . it would give you option for wow classic, wow retail , wow tbc.

No, that’s a bad idea.

TBC should be separate yes, but we should be able to copy out characters over.

For what reason do you think that we shouldn’t be able to copy characters over, i guarantee you that any reasoning you provide will be vain.

Look at my post that’s two above yours, the quoted part…

I think the reason people want this to happen is because of people that didn’t have the time or didn’t want to put the time in, be on a level playing field with everyone else heading into TBC.

I think the above applies to you, pretty much done no raids and now you want people to be on an even playing field with you because you didn’t get the gear that gives you an advantage in early TBC gearing.

Now i could be wrong, you might just not log your raids or you forum character isn’t your main but the point still stands.

I’ve invested a lot of time into this character, until a month ago it was my only 60 and I’ve played since classic released. For people to suggest the notion that i shouldn’t get to play the characters I’ve spent so much time on is bewildering to me.

Apart from the obvious reasons that being botting and RMT, what are the reasons that people like me shouldn’t be able to play TBC on their classic characters?

TBC kills classic. It isn’t Classic anymore It’s TBC.

Let’s be honest here, blizzard will go with the simplest method of progressing to TBC. That is they’ll be moving current populated servers into TBC and probably merging low pop realms. They’ll open a handful of classic servers for people that want to stay in classic to transfer to.

This requires no new tech work arounds or systems to be implemented. Servers will progress into TBC with a pre-patch.

All TBC servers requiring a fresh start would just piss off too many players. I imagine the vast majority of classic players want to progress into TBC so letting those that don’t deal with name and server change issues makes the most sense. It’ll keep the most subs active and require the least amount of resources. Which in the end is all Blizzard cares about.

As far as the botting/rmt/boosting that everyone think a fresh start will fix, are you really that gullible to think it wont be an issues after two weeks on a fresh server?

1 Like

If they were to start at 58 how would professions be handled. would they train to start at 300 or do we need to go back and level them.
Fishing is slow to level in BC just like classic for one.

No point in creating a retread of WoW retail. Classic WoW was the answer to Blizzard’s vanilla WoW private server problem. If Blizz individualizes their oldest content (Classic, TBC, Wotlk) it’ll be healthier for the game overall. Players involved in classic WoW (and not TBC) will just go elsewhere.

Not interested in other people knowing their class, or preserving Classic.

the amount of short sightedness in this thread is Legendary

The best choice is

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

This option does not leave any dead or sparsely populated classic servers as the transfers downward will be to a new non progression server where all the people are consolidated that want to remain in classic, while allowing those whom want to play TBC continue together.

How hard is that to compute in the brain? Its the best choice to keep all the classic players together while allowing progression of those whom want to continue.

1 Like

No. 58 fresh is worse of the 3 options being level 1 fresh and transfer your character. Level 1 fresh advantage is a reset on economy and no bottleneck in outlands(better it happen in elwyn/durator). Advantage of character transfer is people who are attached to their characters do not lose their progress. Only advantage of 58 fresh is economy reset and pandering to lazy people.

1 Like

Exactly i don’t know why people advocate for a 58 fresh start.