Best Option for TBC Is lvl 58?

For reference the survey options released by Blizzard and quoted from WoWhead are:

• Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

• Start a brand new character from level 58 on a new Burning Crusade server.

• Start a brand new character from Level 1 on a new Burning Crusade server.

• Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server that will never progress past level 60, with the option to transfer to a Burning Crusade server.

I feel that the 58 option, with requirements that to create a 58 you must have a 60 of that class on Classic, and delay the Dark Portal opening a few weeks is the best.

This makes sure that players are somewhat familiar with their class. It would allow new Pallys and Shammys some time to catch up (if not completely) but would still have most lacking behind. And would create and interesting races to finish some Vanilla raids, levels profs, etc before the portal opened.

This way players could still raid log to classic to support their friends/guildies who are not interested in TBC which I feel is important for the health of Vanilla.

6 Likes

copy character into a tbc server is the only real choice
other options will just straight up kill classic

28 Likes

Best option is NO TRANSFERS OR COPIES. Everyone starts BC at level 1 and no interaction with Classic or Retail…at all.

Separate spheres or Classic is dead.

35 Likes

I actually agree, and I love the preCata leveling, but there’s many people who are against doing it again and I feel isolating them would be a bad move.

3 Likes

They never sent me a survey so thanks.
Option 1 all the way. This means we don’t have to fight to keep our character names. Just open new realms for classic and let people transfer down, rather than up. Most will want to go up anyway.

7 Likes

Well, I’d love to see a BC server stuck at level 60 (Vanilla-like server with BC talents). I also know that I can keep dreaming.

There’s no point to character transfer to BC. You can power 1-58 somewhat easily.

It doesn’t matter how much time Blizzard gives after tbc servers drop before they open the portal. There’s always been a large number of people at max level that can’t play their class, and there will always be a large number of people at max level that can’t play their class.

Honestly I’m completely fine with them allowing new players on TBC only servers to start at L58. The largest complaint (besides pvp nonsense, AV nonsense) that I saw regarding people quitting in Classic was the slow leveling. If we want TBC servers to thrive, and bring in new blood, starting them at 58 is a decent compromise in my opinion.

That aside I would also love nothing more than to be able to copy my character from classic to tbc classic, similar to the way you can copy your character onto the PTR.

8 Likes

I originally thought having people transfer off servers for TBC was the best option but it almost certainly isn’t. This will leave a ridiculous amount of dead servers and screw over anyone who just wants to play classic.

Servers should progress into TBC and people who want Classic only should get new servers with free transfers/character copies to go there. They should also open a few fresh servers for people to start over on.

Making everyone who wants to play TBC quit their character to start something else at level 58 or level 1 is asinine and harms the majority in favor of people a ‘vocal’ few.

Maybe let new people create a level 58 on the servers that move on to TBC to help accessibility (and paladins/shamans) but everyone who is invested into a character should be allowed to keep progressing that character.

6 Likes

Level 58 best path
classic untouched, near seamless transition to TBC content

7 Likes

I don’t think this option makes any sense at all. It isn’t a PTR we’re going to.

Either upgrade, or don’t, imo.

3 Likes

I feel like that cheeses the system for Blood Elf and Draenei rerolls (and everyone else, tbh).

6 Likes

If they make us re-level characters all the way from level 1 I’m just not even going to bother playing TBC.

19 Likes

Why doesn’t it make sense? Most people already did progress the natural path 15 years ago. And as much as we want classic experience, it cannot ever be same as 1st time since we already been there. Why not have divergent paths for a character when additional classic expansion servers are created?

Only thing that wouldn’t make sense is not to be able to keep Classic WoW characters we have in TBC Classic.

If we get TBC, and if blizzard is involving our opinions then we need to come to conclusions as a community.

Conclusions on:
Does Min/Maxing ruin the game and is it also an inevitability?
What is our goal in replaying an older game?
How important is community?
How important is leveling?

If blizzard releases TBC classic, then the only part of that game that matters is within the dark portal. We should start at level 58, and focus on having fun playing TBC content. Not focus on creating a perfect world where only the “fittest” of players excel in. If this is about having fun as a community replaying old content we should drop the entire idea of “classic is supposed to be more difficult than retail.” and just admit that we arent fixing something, we are making something new. That will relieve stress and allow for new laughs and friends and creative gameplay.

If the leveling process:
-teaches you how to play your class
-makes you a better player

Then these are things that we could also achieve by playing together in the new content. Learn about game knowledge amidst each other in the community. Not a solo/internet resource experience where you are still learning but completely alone. All those videos that came out before classic that defined LITERALLY EVERYTHING in the game is what took away so much from it. The player was too separated from the rest of the community. We should ALL be together, the noobs and veterans in outland, creating something NEW, together. Start at level 58, allow for more fun to happen.

8 Likes

This was the exact same thing I was thinking about. I would love to create level 58 characters of different classes and level them through BC. I loved that content. It was some of the best content I played.

I also think option #1 was the closest to the actual Dark Portal launch. Players who didn’t have the TBC couldn’t go into that content. So having the option to transfer off would make the most sense out of the other options.

3 Likes

Because why would you get a free copy of your character?

I mean, personally I just don’t see why it would be the case. If it is, then that’s great, for those who want it. I am hoping to be able to roll on a fresh BC server with no upgrades or transfers available to it.

I suppose it doesn’t make sense, because we’ve never had anything like that before, other than for the PTR.

1 Like

I am NOT leveling 1 to 60 ever again.

12 Likes

If they’re not considering character copy, they’re planning on pulling the plug on classic.

Because classic is a separate freestanding game, as will be BC. Which has never happened before.

I mean, it’s not one of the options on the survey:

• Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

• Start a brand new character from level 58 on a new Burning Crusade server.

• Start a brand new character from Level 1 on a new Burning Crusade server.

• Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server that will never progress past level 60, with the option to transfer to a Burning Crusade server.

1 Like

Copy toon over one time and only allow for a week.

1 Like