Best guesses on the next class?

I can still mass summon with my Unholy DKs. I have no idea what you’re talking about there.

But when you see that as the only definition of two separate classes, then you’ve already lost some things being discussed, especially when you ignore that both Paladins and Priests use Holy magic, but in different ways, but then claim a Necro and a UHDK/Warlock would be the same thing.

A meat suit that uses Death magic, not Fel Magic.

Show me where the Windfury Aura or the Crusader Totems can be found again? Not to mention Totems stay in one place, while Auras follow the caster.

Also odd when you were whining about Necromancers stealing either DK or Warlock Shticks but a few paragraphs before…

Not really. You’re just limiting your thinking. Summoning a tanking skeleton to Intercept on your Target and Shield Block for them would be interesting. Summoning a healing skeleton as a form of HoT would be interesting. Necromancers also build flesh constructs, so reassembling the flesh in a manner of healing would not go against the lore. And summoning them one at a time is different from the permanent pets and mass summoning that Warlocks and Death Knights have.

So either the players of that class don’t play it, or they just play through everything else in Legion without a new weapon. Or, you know, they just develop it.

Catapult operator! All your moves are just loading something different into the catapult :stuck_out_tongue:

8 minute and 1.5 minute CDs for relatively minimal swarm overall is completely a mass summon. You can’t really play that off as a i summon all the undead as a thing reliably. Especially so when those same undead last 30/15 seconds.

I said that there is more overlap between what a necro does and what an UHDK does because they both utilize undead minions. Holy pally uses melee abilities. priests use ranged. Both of those two share a magic type but use them in entirely different ways to get the job done. They sit in different positions when they do their things.

The dk and necro thing is literally ‘summons undead’ stuff. There’s minimal distinction between the two in comparison to priests/pallies

Warlocks in wow as an archetype use chaos, shadow/death/void, and things of that nature. Warlocks literally made and became DKs in lore so trying to say that there is some sort of difference on who gets what spell here is kinda moot.

Now issues involving your ‘out side the box’ thinking for how a necro would work.

Using summons to preform roles outside of damage in non solo content is frowned upon by blizzard because of the whole ‘control the boss and do the mechanics dance’ thing they have going on in scripted encounters.

Lets also not forget how abuse-able set it and forget it smart healing is in non scripted encounters as well. Nobody wants to have the BC release issue where fresh/noobie players were letting their felguard yolo players while they stand there and do almost nothing.

We also have to consider how pets can be a pain to heal, doing something like linking the health pools between the two may be an option but idk if blizz would like that with how aoe heals target in this game. Warlock tanks were nerfed into nonviability every time post AQ because they don’t like pet classes in tanking roles for reasons that really should be obvious.

It’s not about limiting my thinking, its about what the lore currently shows the necromancers do. Looking at how the game is designed and using some relatively easy though processes as to why blizzard wouldn’t go with it.

I said bard ONLY because its the only potential full class that can fill a niche role that doesn’t step on the thematic or archetypes of other in game classes already.

Bard.

Don’t @ me.

1 Like

WoW’s next new class (1:05):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vm-QjK2xQ&t=64s

Whatever class it is will me a melee cast. My proof is that Blizzard has never added a new ranged DPS class to the game. In fact they’re only removed them. lol

While I love the idea of the bard, there is a fundamental flaw with the idea unless dramatically changed via a launch of an expansion or something. There is no basis for Bards in the Warcraft lore as we know it, currently.

Like to my knowledge and maybe I’m missing something, but there is no “bards” in Warcraft. No NPCs, no mention of the class or anything of the sort. It’s not a thing.

IMHO a class needs to be pre-grounded in Warcraft prior to becoming a playable class.

Death Knight - Arthas
Demon Hunter - Illidan
Monk - Chen Stormstout

All had pre-existing NPCs with lore backing them, prior to “their” class becoming play-able. All of which funny enough are also in WC3.

Tinkerer / Tinker, it’s one of the two pre-existing classes that has a lore foot-holding, that they could expand upon and also has pre-existing NPCs who are Tinkerers / Tinkers.

(The second one is Necromancer, which I find highly unlikely at this point in time. There are too many conflicts with adding a class like that.)

Been saying this for awhile myself. I’m surprised that more people haven’t picked up on the major issue caused by Class Halls: in order for Legion and the quest flow to work properly, they will literally have to add in a Class Hall, a campaign, quests, and weapons for anything that gets added.

Someone has seriously got to ask about this at the next Blizzcon during the WoW Q&A:

“Do you intend to eventually add a new class, and how would that work with Legion’s Class Hall campaigns?”

Or, in the event they actually do announce a new class:

“Will the _______ class be getting a Class Hall campaign for Legion? If not, how would the questing flow work if I decide to pick Legion for Chromie Time on that character?”

I honestly feel one of two things is going to happen here. Blizzard will either add a class, but completely forget that a class with no Class Hall is going to completely break any attempt to level up in Legion, or they brought the Class Halls in partly as a reason they can cite for why no new classes are being added.

1 Like

But they wouldn’t answer any questions about a new class because they don’t want to put Chekov’s Gun on the table.

I’m 99% sure it’s a complete non-issue over in Irvine.

Blizzard has never respected any content that isn’t current. Hell, the most recent model has raids going obsolete in the expansion that introduced them. People actually asked, “Will Death Knights be getting tier sets from vanilla and TBC?” Blizzard didn’t exactly bend themselves into pretzels to avoid or accommodate the issue… they just said, “No.”

Why would class halls and artifacts be any different? It’s irrelevant content.

1 Like

I don’t know what it’s called but I wanna class where I can shoot laser beams out my eyes and I want my interface to turn into a first person shooter while I’m doing it.

I also want the ability to turn invisible at will and make my skin as hard as diamonds.

Additionally I want to be able to sprout wings and fly and have my head turned into some kind of bomb that I could take it off and throw it.

Finally I would like to be able to spew a noxious gas from all of my orifices and be able to have my ears turned into some kind of a shield and envelop my body.

That’s my new class I predict

1 Like

WoW doesn’t really need a new caster or melee. The only thing the game lacks are more physical ranged options like rangers or gunslingers etc

I did put up a poll on this awhile back:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/poll-what-class-do-you-want-to-see-added-next/775610

Necromancer is the pretty clear winner… but even if we put the theme overlap with Death Knights and mechanical overlap with Warlocks aside, I’m pretty sure the Shadowlands announcement, notably barren of any class announcement, was that ship sailing away.

I still dream of taking classes in school and college all the time. It’s been decades since I was in either…hic!

I agree, if they add another class, it just wont have a class hall because they first don’t care about old content, and second figure nobody else does and levels past it so quickly, why bother?

They have already set it up so that you level all the way up exclusively in B for A anyway, what difference does it make if there’s a class hall?

2 Likes

Yep. At worst, grey out the option, let the three people on the forum that actually care for some arbitrary reason have a hissy fit for a week, and carry on.

1 Like

If they ever actually made a bard class they’d see a sales bump that beats WotLK release

… There IS a bard that walks around the Necrolord covenant.
Sure he’s not any good, but interesting that they made a point of putting him in…

1 Like

… why? What demographic would that appeal to?

It’s not a class that has been an integral, yet missing, element of the WarCraft universe, like Death Knight or Demon Hunter.

It’s not a class that can base its appeal on the goodwill generated by most incarnations elsewhere, since WoW doesn’t have a primary support role. It would just be a Mage/Priest/Hunter/Rogue/Warrior/Whatever, but with a music skin.

Hmm…next class? idk… But Fire Boomy sounds disgusting. Lets go Fire Boomy… Combustion Convoke with Pyroblast ftw!