Poll: What Class do YOU want to see added next?

https://www.strawpoll.me/42279947

Poll above with some of the most commonly suggested classes.

You may select multiple answers if you desire.

Post the rationale for your selection(s) below!

4 Likes

Frost Mage.

23 Likes

Goblin Monks.

Although… alchemist… tossing vials of whatever at your buddies and foes alike, a cocktail party of who knows what game of double dare to drink this and chug that. Would be mildly entertaining.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it suggested much in recent years, but it used to be a pretty popular suggestion (sometimes called Chemist to avoid confusion with the profession).

But the same argument you see applied to Tinker might be applied here as well - that the hero class fantasy from WarCraft III is adequately represented by the profession.

4 Likes

Dark ranger is the only appropriate option at the moment, though I think they would have the name Void Ranger and not Dark Ranger. We saw someone become the void ranger last expansion, depending on how this expansion ends, I fully expect to see void rangers next expansion. Alleria Windrunner will train them from scratch, im hoping from level 1.

6 Likes

Worgen Paladin.

Worgen are good bois. Light is good. Why no paladin?

8 Likes

My understanding is that Paladins are immune to curses (in the lore, if not mechanically). Therefore, no worgen or undead for them. Same line of thought for worgen and goblin monks; monks need to have a sense of inner peace, whereas those two races are inherently in turmoil.

2 Likes

I…I just want to be fluffy…

7 Likes

If these complicated systems keep coming then I think we’ll all need a MATH CLASS! :rofl:

10 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ba76b7049f3f8bcc394741a3da45f494/tenor.gif?itemid=7770998

8 Likes

Math? what the hell is that?

2 Likes

The thing the sim does for me because I’m AWFUL at it.

2 Likes

Jajajaja I actually laughed at that!

I added it to the poll as it is a popular suggestion, but personally… I think it’s just too narrow of a concept. It is incredibly restrictive with both its racial restriction and playstyle. If they could only think of two specializations for Demon Hunter, I would imagine that Dark Ranger would only require a single. I mean, what else can you do? And how much overlap would there be with Marksmanship even then?

3 Likes

Mage Healer - they heal using their (inflated when in group) health bar. Takes life to give life. When group members are at 100% it kicks health back to the mage.

Another method is they have low health but high shield. As they heal the shield timer keeps resetting which keeps the shield up. If they fall behind on heals the shield weakens and their low health bar becomes a hazard.

In its core the player is always trying to balance their own health with the groups.

Also either bard or a “entertainer” profession that adds social benefits/buffs ala SWG entertainers. They created a dedicated social aspect of that game that retained players.

Yeah its definitely a long shot. I cant really think of anything special with them, other than perhaps a very high mobile ranged class with low burst but very good consistent damage. Another Spec can abandon the mobility aspect and adopt a turret play style with a lot of channeled abilities that apply DoT? I really dont know what to do with them, 2 DPS specs, and perhaps they can adopt the “Warden” class, give them the ability to use polearms/warglaves for a tanking experience that dispels damage instead of mitigates them (similar to brew master). Just my random 4 second thoughts.

2 Likes

I forgot to add Warden to the poll! Again, it’s a very racial concept for Night Elves, but I think there’s potential there for more variety in gameplay, playing with shadow duplicates.

I remember back in the early days, people suggested “prestige classes” for specific race/class combinations. Orc Shamans could be Far Seers, Troll Shamans could be Witch Doctors, Dwarf Warriors could be Mountain Kings, etc. Warden was often a suggestion for Night Elf Rogues, giving them access to mail armour.

2 Likes

Ahh those concepts are so fun. I wish we still had the MMORPG feel. This type of mechanic seems really fun and can set you apart from others if the requirements were just right.

3 Likes

I wish that WoW was set up to do something like this. Everything has been trimmed down the the barest essentials to the point that it simply doesn’t exist if it falls outside the trinity.

And the greater tragedy is that very few people even know what they’re missing out on. Support roles aren’t for everyone, sure, but the people that did enjoy them? You can’t find that experience in any modern MMO.

1 Like

Spellbreaker
Mail class that can tank, range dps, and melee dps.

4 Likes